Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/efl-202324-recruitment-data-analysis-statistics

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/21/introducing-esc-the-new-gbe-guidance-opens-up-recruitment-post-brexit/

https://sportsologygroup.com/articles/the-championship-what-it-takes-to-get-promoted

some successful recruitment strategies used by teams in the Championship include:

Utilizing the loan market effectively by bringing in young, high-quality loan players from Premier League clubs. On average, promoted teams signed 4 loan players with an average age of 23, with 71% coming from Premier League clubs. This allows them to add quality without the financial risk.

Identifying talented players from lower leagues in England, such as League One and League Two, who can make the step up to the Championship. Scouting the lower divisions for hidden gems is important.

Considering recruiting from the Scottish Premiership, as that league is now considered a Band 2 league under the new GBE rules, making it easier to sign players from there.

Prioritizing the signing of players in their prime years, supplemented by young talented players, rather than relying on more experienced players. Promoted teams allocated the majority of minutes to just the top 15 players in their squad.

Focusing on signing impactful, shorter-term high-quality players rather than prioritizing squad stability. Eight out of nine promoted managers achieved success in their first two seasons.

Spending heavily on player wages, as teams that spend the most on staff wages are typically the ones promoted. However, this high-risk approach needs to be balanced with developing long-term strategies to build financial headroom.

Reducing financial risk: Signing older players on high wages can be a risky financial strategy for promoted teams with limited budgets. The search results indicate that teams need to balance the high-risk approach of spending heavily on player wages with developing long-term strategies to build financial headroom. 

Maintaining squad stability: While squad stability was generally not as important as signing impactful, shorter-term high-quality players, the search results suggest that promoted teams allocated the majority of minutes to just their top 15 players. Having too many older players can disrupt this squad stability.

Prioritizing players in their prime years: The search results indicate that promoted teams tend to prioritize signing players in their prime years, around 23-27 years old, rather than relying on more experienced players over 30. This allows them to build a squad with the right balance of experience and potential.

22 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Watch out for O’Neill, the LW for Leyton Orient today. Saw him play for them against Northampton earlier this season and he ran the show, goal and an assist.

Good at beating the first man and following up with a smart decision, very tidy on the ball and good delivery.

Still only young, worth a look in the summer regardless of division 

I thought shaq forde  was the better winger for them yesterday 

Two free agents from premier league teams that would certainly bolster us tremendously. 

Oli McBurnie, 27 year old striker with 6 premier league goals this season. Scored 13 championship goals in 38 games last season while also getting 2 assists. A bit of a long shot but can’t see a prem club going for him so who knows.

Baptiste, 26 year old central midfielder. Has 1 goal and 1 assist in his 10 prem appearances this season. Not good enough for the prem but a great addition for any championship side. 

Sheffield United seem to be stumbling into serious Financial problems. Other players are leaving on a free such as Baldock, Norwood, Egan, Osborn, Jebbison and a certain duo of Lowe and Bogle. As Sheffield isn’t very far from Derby we could certainly see one or a few of them end up at Derby. 

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Two free agents from premier league teams that would certainly bolster us tremendously. 

Oli McBurnie, 27 year old striker with 6 premier league goals this season. Scored 13 championship goals in 38 games last season while also getting 2 assists. A bit of a long shot but can’t see a prem club going for him so who knows.

Baptiste, 26 year old central midfielder. Has 1 goal and 1 assist in his 10 prem appearances this season. Not good enough for the prem but a great addition for any championship side. 

Sheffield United seem to be stumbling into serious Financial problems. Other players are leaving on a free such as Baldock, Norwood, Egan, Osborn, Jebbison and a certain duo of Lowe and Bogle. As Sheffield isn’t very far from Derby we could certainly see one or a few of them end up at Derby. 

Would definitely have Bogle back but think he will stay in the Prem with a promoted team maybe or forest. 

Mcburnie likely to stay with utd. 

26 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Would definitely have Bogle back but think he will stay in the Prem with a promoted team maybe or forest. 

Mcburnie likely to stay with utd. 

Seen a lot of Sheff U fans on twitter saying they don’t think it’s going to happen.

47 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Can we start our business this summer early, signing up Adams, and then sorting out new contracts for Wildsmith, Thompson and Sibley? Plus Korey Smith maybe?

I think as soon as we know what league we’re in the club will start sorting things like contract extensions/releases and looking at securing signings.
Automatic promotion gives us that extra couple of weeks to put plans into action, I really hope we secure second place so we can start the speculation around signings, bloody love the summer me!

A player who I didn’t know is out of contract is Keanu Baccus. A great defensive midfielder playing for St. Mirren in Scotland. An Aussie with 18 international caps. He’s out of contract in the summer and seen him linked to a few championship teams before. He’s 25 so coming into his prime years, could be a great pick up on a free. 

Has good defensive numbers also, I compared him to our own Ebou for comparison easier to understand for rams fans.

IMG_4102.thumb.jpeg.859d1e80cc33fadcfd6889f45747ccfe.jpeg

Edited by Eoghan1884

37 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

A player who I didn’t know is out of contract is Keanu Baccus. A great defensive midfielder playing for St. Mirren in Scotland. An Aussie with 18 international caps. He’s out of contract in the summer and seen him linked to a few championship teams before. He’s 25 so coming into his prime years, could be a great pick up on a free. 

Has good defensive numbers also, I compared him to our own Ebou for comparison easier to understand for rams fans.

He is very similar to Fornah in that it can carry the ball and bring his team forward yet also bring some bite in the midfield. Must be class defensively given his comparison to Ebou too

Edited by O'hare is the goat

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Are you Dryhorce?
Are you Dryhorce?
Arrrrreeee you Dryhooooorce in disguise?
Arrrre you Dryhorce in disguise?

19 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

St Mirren?! I’d rather we sign Keanu Reeves

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://the72.co.uk/2024/04/16/opinion-derby-county-should-break-transfer-habit-with-move-for-unproven-28-goal-hotshot/

I think we should sign Lee bonis.

This season he's tallying 28 goals and seven assists in 45 games across all competitions.

He had the opportunity last summer for sure. Think that may have been his chance.