Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

I'll be the boring one and reply just as I would to B4.

Is this not a little too early and should we not wait until we know what division we are in next year?

The difference between building a Championship team and League 1 team are huge. The loan opportunities are vastly superior for the Premier League youth talent.

Not only that but we need to see what we have left in the cupboard before we go shopping. 

This is a perfect topic to bridge the gap between the end of the season and the Euros.

Agree it's a little early for it but there are players out there we should be targeting in either division. Davis Keilor-Dunn (Mansfield) Dan Kemp (MK Dons) are options to replace Bird. Both are little bit more natural at playing as a No 10 than a No 8 in Warnes current 3 man midfield system but if we can get Ebou on a permanent then it should be balanced enough.

To get us started...

GK - Radek Vitek (Accrington, on loan from Man Utd). 3 clean sheets in 4 games since he joined them on loan. Good on the ball as you'd expect from a Man Utd keeper bit also a very good shot stopper. A 6'5" giant.

DM - Ebou Adams. No justification required
DM - Nohan Kennah (Shrewsbury, on loan from Hibs). Young cover for Adams and very similar in style of play - both are two of the best defensive DMs in the league. Came through at Leeds when Bielsa was manager so will be used to a high intensity style of play.

CM - Herbie Kane (Barnsley). A very good all round CM, possibly the best in the league and also a good set peice taker. Will fill the Hourihane shaped hole well. Will be availabe on a free in the summer.

RW - Tyrhys Dolan (Blackburn). Only 22 and out of contract in the summer (Blackburn have a 1 year option). He's been used as a squad option since breaking into their first team,  so may not feature in their longer term plans. Can also cover CF.

LW - P. Płacheta (Swansea, on loan from Norwich). Missed all of last season due to a rare shin injury.It's someone I would take a risk on, knowing we will have Mendez-Laing and Blackett-Taylor who can both play in this position. Still only 25 and avaialbe on a free in the summer.

4 hours ago, David said:

Is this not a little too early and should we not wait until we know what division we are in next year?

The difference between building a Championship team and League 1 team are huge. The loan opportunities are vastly superior for the Premier League youth talent.

Not only that but we need to see what we have left in the cupboard before we go shopping. 

This is a perfect topic to bridge the gap between the end of the season and the Euros.

Not really. 

Some players you'd only sign in League One, some only in the Championship and some in both.

Perhaps just give us a list of topics we are allowed to discuss.

A few cheap sensible options we should look at 

- Suggested him in January, Ruel Sotiriou. 23 years old and can play on the left or right, in the 10 or even as a striker. Hes out of contract in the summer and has 10 goals and 3 assists in 31 games for Leyton orient this season and I was also impressed with him when he played us earlier in the season.

- Suggested him in the summer and he’s done even better than I thought he would in League 2. Come the summer time he’ll have one year left on his contract and if Notts don’t get promoted and we do the lure of going back to the championship could be big for him. Don’t think he’d be massive money with only 12 months on his contract. Plays left or right wing back or winger and has 20 assists and 5 goals from 28 league games this season. 

- Bit of an optimistic one then, if Ipswich were to be promoted to the prem and we were promoted to the Champ I’d do everything we can to get Cam Burgess from Ipswich to replace Cash if he does leave in the summer. A 28 year old left footed man mountain who’s well good enough for the championship. He’s played a lot for Ipswich this year but if they were to go up I could see them replacing him. He’s out of contract in the summer so who knows.

Also a few cheap/free options out of reading I’d look at regardless of what division we’re in next season. If they’re still in a bad state come the summer.

Harvey Knibbs, seems to be developing well and he’s a derby lad. Athletic winger/10 and at 24 he’s still got a few years until he hits his peak. Has bagged 7 goals and picked up 4 assists so far this season. 

Femi Azeez, another lad who can play a few positions in the attacking area. Would have to pay a comp fee as he’s out of contract in the summer but it would be well worth it. Technically gifted and has 6 goals and 6 assists in 32 games for Reading already this season at the age of 22.

Charlie Savage, only 20 years old and looks a technical lad could be a good player to have in and around the squad while he developes. 

All of these lads have bright futures and could definitely be high end championship players in a few years. 

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

RW - Tyrhys Dolan (Blackburn). Only 22 and out of contract in the summer (Blackburn have a 1 year option). He's been used as a squad option since breaking into their first team,  so may not feature in their longer term plans. Can also cover CF.

What a pick up he would be for sure - though I saw him linked with Luton and Palace on SSN in the January window so assume he's out of reach. Crazy how Blackburn managed to grab him on a free and that Preston released him. Similar to us nearly releasing Cashin!

Whatever league we are in, we might be looking for a completely new midfield next season. Players whose contract is expiring:

Max Bird
Louie Sibley
Joe Wildsmith
Tyreece John-Jules 
Tom Barkhuizen (club option 1 year) 
Ebou Adams
Liam Thompson
Conor Hourihane
Korey Smith
Kwaku Oduroh
James Collins
Craig Forsyth 
Martyn Waghorn 
Darren Robinson
Scott Loach

I hope we can sign a new deal with Sibbo, Thommo, and Collo. All would be good enough as squad players in either league. Barks option I'd use, if we don't get promoted and Loach could get himself another contract. If in League One, I'd hope Wildsmith to continue.

So, we should be looking at around a dozen incoming players and 4-5 them in center midfield. 

If promoted

contract renewals 

Collins 

Thompson 

Wildsmith 

signings 

LB - maybe a prem loan or Ben Doherty from Derry city ,

CB - prem loan or a top league 1 

W- Right/left  - if Peterborough don’t go up Poku// Keillor Dunn / Jodi Jones Notts county 

CM- x2 Brannagan, Chislet, Ebou on permanent / maybe Blair Spittal from Motherwell Dan kemp MK dons/ Crowley Notts county 

SK- Langstaff, Hardie, Smith loan player or Shankland / Devante Cole 

4 hours ago, sage said:

Not really. 

Some players you'd only sign in League One, some only in the Championship and some in both.

Perhaps just give us a list of topics we are allowed to discuss.

Yes really. 

It's not even March, we could go on to lose the next 10, slide down outside the top 6, Warne sacked and looking at an entirely different style of football. So much football to be played, contracts to be offered both at Derby and other clubs to even know where to start. 

Been just 2 weeks since the last window closed.

It's like watching toddlers on Christmas Day morning, ripping open a toy, looking at it for 30 seconds before scrambling for the next.

It's like the Mrs asking me tonight what would I like for dinner on the 7th March. 

Even Fabrizio Romano the celebrity ITK bloke on Twitter/X has taken a break from linking players to clubs, now focusing on injuries, stats and that to show he's still alive. 

Go for it though, knock yourself out writing lists of players if it makes you happy. 

9 hours ago, David said:

Not too early at all Mo Salah and Christiano Ronaldo have a lot of packing to do, they’re going to need notice. We’ll need time to have a whip round to make the prospect of joining DCFC more appealing too 😂😂😂 #BeMoreB4 

Edited by B4’s Sister

14 hours ago, David said:

Sign Adams either way.