Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You really haven’t, I’ve been responding to your posts for a couple of days and there’s very little substance backing up your knowledge of Derby County or the situation the club has been in, there’s plenty to suggest you watch a lot of Scottish football and are informed on that so well done there.

How dare you...

@Oldbenhas been fact checking these recommendations for him too!

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Which debts are those?

We are apparently out of debt now so £8.8 million would be clear profit if we go up and stay up 

Which gets back to trying to get better players in the is going to take us in the direction we want to go in

34 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Really yet mentioned £8.8 million for surviving in the championship that might go back to paying debts?

Pretty sure that I did mention this so the idea that I don't know about the clubs financial plight is simply wrong and patronising 

What debts are you referring to?

Suggesting we’ll pay a new signing £20k a week proves to me that you don’t have a realistic understanding of the club’s recent situation. We’re far more likely to split £20k per week across 2, 3 or at a stretch 4 players’ wages than one. Give it a rest.

30 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

I don't know about the clubs financial plight is simply wrong and patronising 

Well you're in with a bang @Dryhorce  🤣

People who join and burn so brightly initially,  have a tendency to get into these kind of back-n-forth conversations because they don't realise people will get their leg pulled.

@Caerphilly Ram is pretty non-confrontational so if you're biting back at him, you may be in for a few disputes! 

I enjoy new posters with a bit of character so welcome though!

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

What debts are you referring to?

Suggesting we’ll pay a new signing £20k a week proves to me that you don’t have a realistic understanding of the club’s recent situation. We’re far more likely to split £20k per week across 2, 3 or at a stretch 4 players’ wages than one. Give it a rest.

£20 000 isn't a big wage in the championship who knows he might even play for less if he isn't joining Celtic 

Yes but it's the the quality we would be paying for a top player in his prime that we will see the best out of at 27

If we are out of debt surely that means they'll be money for players?

3 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

£20 000 isn't a big wage in the championship who knows he might even play for less if he isn't joining Celtic 

Yes but it's the the quality we would be paying for a top player in his prime that we will see the best out of at 27

Looking at the way the finances are being run this season, I'd be shocked if Clowes starts throwing around £20k contracts.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Looking at the way the finances are being run this season, I'd be shocked if Clowes starts throwing around £20k contracts.

£20 000 a week for a player in his prime a international that at 27 could still be sold on isn't a lot of money 

As I say though who knows he might play for less he maybe settled in the area he might have kids here at school

All these things could be a important aspect of why he would want to play for us

Just now, Dryhorce said:

£20 000 a week for a player in his prime a international that at 27 could still be sold on isn't a lot of money 

As I say though who knows he might play for less he maybe settled in the area he might have kids here at school

All these things could be a important aspect of why he would want to play for us

Not saying its not a lot of money....but it's a lot for us.

Just now, Chester40 said:

Not saying its not a lot of money....but it's a lot for us.

MacKenna could end up moving to Saudi Arabia in a season like Jack Hendry who Steven Gerrard took over with him in my opinion MacKenna is the better player 

All I'm saying is that MacKenna might be a good option for us if he has settled his family in the area 

Guys a player we could certainly sell on and make a good bit of money on from a free transfer

9 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

You’re right it’s perhaps not a big wage in the championship relative to the club’s size, status, sponsorship, receipt of parachute money and the like. We are 2 years away from nearly going out of business, under new ownership who have publicly stated their intent to run the club sensibly and within its means. Logic dictates if we go up next season the club will probably recruit players on decent contracts but with the understanding we could just as readily be relegated at the end of the following season, saddling the club with playing contracts of £20k per week just doesn’t seem realistic for us on our first season back in the champ, IF that even happens.

What do you think we’ll do in our weekend fixture? What formation will we see used? Who would you pick to start in midfield? 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You’re right it’s perhaps not a big wage in the championship relative to the club’s size, status, sponsorship, receipt of parachute money and the like. We are 2 years away from nearly going out of business, under new ownership who have publicly stated their intent to run the club sensibly and within its means. Logic dictates if we go up next season the club will probably recruit players on decent contracts but with the understanding we could just as readily be relegated at the end of the following season, saddling the club with playing contracts of £20k per week just doesn’t seem realistic for us on our first season back in the champ, IF that even happens.

What do you think we’ll do in our weekend fixture? What formation will we see used? Who would you pick to start in midfield? 

3 5 2

Same system.as last week and the same team unless there is any injuries thought Adams had a good game and Hourahane was brave bagged his penalty away well

34 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Well you're in with a bang @Dryhorce  🤣

People who join and burn so brightly initially,  have a tendency to get into these kind of back-n-forth conversations because they don't realise people will get their leg pulled.

@Caerphilly Ram is pretty non-confrontational so if you're biting back at him, you may be in for a few disputes! 

I enjoy new posters with a bit of character so welcome though!

I’m just trying to work out what the logic is behind the series of posts. I’ll be all over the suggestions once we’re done with the slightly more important and immediate focus of the next 8 league games. Just seems an odd line of suggestions that ignores the club’s recent history and present circumstance is all 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I’ve come to the conclusion it won’t make sense to me so I’ll leave it be 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m just trying to work out what the logic is behind the series of posts. I’ll be all over the suggestions once we’re done with the slightly more important and immediate focus of the next 8 league games. Just seems an odd line of suggestions that ignores the club’s recent history and present circumstance is all 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I’ve come to the conclusion it won’t make sense to me so I’ll leave it be 

What is odd about suggesting really good players for free?

And about suggesting really good ones that are cheap?

It doesn't matter there nationilty or about were they come from.when there young enough to develop and sell on

Yes next eight games are important but we all know we are going to be going up 

I've literally named Australian internationals with more caps than Elder that England struggled to break down

I've literally mentioned a young Aberdeen player that Swansea already tried to buy that was playing and doing well in Europe 

Please tell me what fears league one or the championship would hold for them?