Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

2 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

Devante Cole’s contract appears to be up at the end of the season I believe.

If we stay in league one he’d be worth a punt.

This would be the logical approach to some of the recruitment in my opinion, looking at picking up some of the “top” players at this level on frees. Those who have been performing consistently for the teams at the top end of the league and are in the good age bracket of 22-28. 
A quick check on Transfermarkt suggests the likes of Devante Cole (28), Harrison Burrows (22) who is a left sided defender at Posh, Herbie Kane (25) the cm at Barnsley who could all be viable options…..alongside our influx of Scottish internationals 😜 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

I'm guessing this is just a "team of the year" produced by the blackpool Gazette not an official one, hence why Bolton make no appearance? Burrows from Peterborough is a class young player and seemingly heading to the end or his contract 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As has been mentioned, there are some gems to find up in Scotland who would be willing to join us. The problem here is, you're getting close to 50 suggestions on 50 different posts, followed up by "Scotty McScotface is playing tonight vs Bonnyrigg Rose. He's a quality player" for every suggestion.

Some of your suggestions wouldn't even get into Carlisle's side, never mind one which will either be opening for romotion from L1, or looking to finish lower mid-table in the Championship.

There's so many suggestions in a short space of time that people are bored of your suggestions and won't even bother looking them up to see if they are any good or not. They're now just going straight to the ignore list.

My suggestion for you is to take your time and compile your own list maybe limit it to the best 2 players in each position where we have a gap in our squad for next season. Assume we'll be promoted if you want, or state if they'd be a L1 signing, a Champ signing, or a someone we should sign no matter which league we're in. Maybe explain why they're better than someone we already have, and maybe explain how they suit Warne's style.

What ones wouldn't get in the Carlisle side give me a laugh?I've explained sell on value having more caps having European experience that is why there better than what we have got

I have been doing this only there all good enough for the championship apart from Nouble and said Fotheringham for the U21 team

Isn't my fault people want to follow up with some really questionable bad patter

50 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

What ones wouldn't get in the Carlisle side give me a laugh?I've explained sell on value having more caps having European experience that is why there better than what we have got

I have been doing this only there all good enough for the championship apart from Nouble and said Fotheringham for the U21 team

Isn't my fault people want to follow up with some really questionable bad patter

@Dryhorce You appear to have more waffle than a Belgian Cafe.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This would be the logical approach to some of the recruitment in my opinion, looking at picking up some of the “top” players at this level on frees. Those who have been performing consistently for the teams at the top end of the league and are in the good age bracket of 22-28. 
A quick check on Transfermarkt suggests the likes of Devante Cole (28), Harrison Burrows (22) who is a left sided defender at Posh, Herbie Kane (25) the cm at Barnsley who could all be viable options…..alongside our influx of Scottish internationals 😜 

Burrows would be decent but think they'll be a few teams in the championship interested in him and maybe a few abroad 

Cole is a goal scorer not prolithic but could do a shift in the championship if he still has the pace 

Nathan Wood been very good today shame that he has a year option left on his deal would been a great pick up on a development fee

I still think MacKenna and Souttar would be better signings cos the step out from the back and pass it but a player with Woods pace would be ideal covering in a low block 

2 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

Cole is a goal scorer not prolithic but could do a shift in the championship if he still has the pace 

Surely that's an oxymoron? 

I assume the striker you mentioned with 0 goals in 27 games (amongst many other poor seasons) is much the better option than league one's second top goal scorer...

I’d be tempted to sign maybe Sheean from Bolton who ran the show yesterday or Herbie Kane plus obviously Ebou.

GK - offer wildsmith a new deal then we don’t need to pay for another 

RB- fine

CB - fine

LB - I’d be tempted to get one in as Elder is hot and cold plus fozzie’s injury record is a concern - Burrows from Peterborough 

CM - at least 2 one being Adams maybe even three with hourihane smith bird (gone) the former two unlikely to stay 

RW - maybe another so we have balance and a bit more quality if promoted - Keillor-Dunn maybe or Poku

SK - 2-3 Taylor from Luton on loan at Lincoln, Langstaff from Notts plus maybe a few gems + Gayle for one more year 

at least 7 new signings 

39 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’d be tempted to sign maybe Sheean from Bolton who ran the show yesterday or Herbie Kane plus obviously Ebou.

RB- fine

CB - fine

LB - I’d be tempted to get one in as Elder is hot and cold plus fozzie’s injury record is a concern - Burrows from Peterborough 

CM - at least 2 one being Adams maybe even three with hourihane smith bird (gone) the former two unlikely to stay 

RW - maybe another so we have balance and a bit more quality if promoted - Keillor-Dunn maybe or Poku

SK - 2-3 Taylor from Luton on loan at Lincoln, Langstaff from Notts plus maybe a few gems + Gayle for one more year 

at least 7 new signings 

Would love langstaff  , his crazy goal record reminds me of vardy and think he could make the step-up 

I don't think we necessarily need as many signings as some are suggesting... 3-4 quality first team additions then some U21 additions. Areas I'd be looking to strengthen (obviously some are promotion dependent):

Midfield

Needs some work as we're losing Bird and Hourihane will potentially go into coaching. Ebou Adams on a permanent is an obvious one to make happen! Maybe need one or two more... Idris El Mizouni is coming to the end of his contract at Ipswich in June (not sure if Orient have an option to buy though); Lewis Travis has been on loan at Ipswich since January and only played the full 90 once (Blackburn might want to keep him though and even if he would be available he'd cost a fee) or, a younger option, Tim Iroegbunam on loan from Villa. All tough tackling midfielders that put a shift in.

Out wide

We have decent options in NML, CBT and Barkhuizen already. A left-footed option would give us something different though. Jesurun Rak-Sakyi hasn't played much for Palace this season (although he has been injured for a couple of months) and was great for Charlton last season; he might be available for loan. Karamoko Dembele has been on loan at Blackpool this season from Brest and has been impressive; another loan spell in England with us might be tempting. Permanent-wise, Femi Azeez from Reading.

Up front

We've needed a younger option for a few years now... and, if we do have funds, this has to be an area to prioritise. Sinclair Armstrong from QPR... not a prolific goalscorer (yet) but has all the attributes to be one with the right service (strong, tall, quick, good in the air); I fully expect QPR to take up the option on his contract though so would only really have a chance there if they went down. Will Lankshear on loan from Spurs... been on fire for their U21s and they might want to get him a loan for some senior experience. Lastly, a bit of a 'left-field' one, but Macauley Langstaff is a natural goal scorer... Notts (the black and white ones 😉) have no chance of getting promoted now and I'd be interested to see if he could make the step up. We've also got Dajaune Brown coming back after his loan spell too.

10 minutes ago, Oldben said:

This article is over a year old, it’s from Feb 2023. There might be some options on that list, but it doesn’t reflect their current whereabouts or availability. 

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This article is over a year old, it’s from Feb 2023. There might be some options on that list, but it doesn’t reflect their current whereabouts or availability. 

Apologies, try this instead ...

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/league-one-best-young-players-blackpool-wigan-athletic-peterborough-united-4558942

On 17/03/2024 at 08:49, simmoram1995 said:

RB- fine

CB - fine

at least 7 new signings 

Is Burrows the same player that some top prem sides are after or is that another Posh player?

I personally like the look of Hakeem Odoffin. 6 foot 3. Has worked under Warne before. Usually plays DM but can play along the back line if needed. He has been chipping in with some vital goals for a struggling Rotherham and he is out of contract in the summer. 

There's certainly players from our promotion rivals i'd go for if we go up and they dont.

Peterborough:

LB - Burrows

CM - Kyprianou

CM - Collins

RW - Poku

Bolton:

CB - Santos

CM - Morley

CM - Sheehan

LB - Ogbeta (on loan from Swansea)

Barnsley:

CM - Kane

CM - Connell

55 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

There's certainly players from our promotion rivals i'd go for if we go up and they dont.

Peterborough:

LB - Burrows

CM - Kyprianou

CM - Collins

RW - Poku

Bolton:

CB - Santos

CM - Morley

CM - Sheehan

LB - Ogbeta (on loan from Swansea)

Barnsley:

CM - Kane