Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

11 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

he looked really good. I think Brentford highly rate him though. 

I understand that we were in for him at the same time as Bolton, in fairness it sounds like we were in the right ball park for players in January but couldn’t get them over the line. 

Lang has been a difference-maker for Portsmouth too. 

Had quite a bit of spare time today, so I thought I'd look at how teams promoted from League 1 get on the next season (in case we go up).

On average, over the last 10 seasons, the teams to get promoted finish in 16.07 place in the championship. 

Also, teams score 0.56 goals less per game, while conceding 0.46 more goals per game.

If we carry on at our current rate this season will finish with 81 goals scored and 40 goals conceded this season.

Meaning that next season we would score 56, while conceding 61. This would give us a win probability of 45% (21 wins).

Therefore, I would agree with those who want the club to bring in a striker.

Here's a few of my suggestions:

- Jay Stansfield (on loan from Fulham, currently at Birmingham)

- Ike Ugbo (on loan from Troyes, currently at Sheffield Wednesday)

- Liam Delap (on loan from Man City, currently at Hull City)

- Alfie May (from Charlton)

- Dion Charles (from Bolton if they don't go up)

Edited by Chesterfield_Ram

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Some interesting names in there.

I'd love Callum O'Hare, but I presume he'll be in high demand.

Ivan Sunjic alongside Ebou Adams (on a permanent) would be handy.

14 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Some interesting names in there.

I'd love Callum O'Hare, but I presume he'll be in high demand.

Ivan Sunjic alongside Ebou Adams (on a permanent) would be handy.

Always liked O'Hare too and is someone I would want in our current AM role (3412).

Others from the potential Championship free agents list: Aaron Connolly (CF), Alan Browne (CM), Will Vaulks (DM), Sam McCallum (LWB), Bartosz Bialkowski (GK), Tyrhys Dolan (AM/RW)

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/derby-county-chief-now-makes-transfer-promise-to-fans-if-paul-warne-achieves-promotion/

In my mind, to compete, means being a top six club, but that relies on a top 6 budget.

Former Premier league clubs receive parachute payments, money for having been in the Premier league, given to them to try to promote them immediately back to the Premier league. It's on a sliding scale, over several years.

That's the top 5 clubs, already having an unfair advantage.

Free agents mostly players over 30 and young loans don't equal success at championship or league one levels very often.

Spending money could see us back to almost seeing the end of the club.

We will need many replacements in the summer, in part, due to out of contract players but also because we will want a stronger squad.

The efl will be monitoring our spending even if for once, with a slightly less critical eye.

If we are promoted, we will not be the first club to have been promised a competitive squad but such a squad costs money.

Is the club over promising because, a competitive squad in our first season back in the championship means different things to different people. 

Mid table, is competitive in the first season, in my opinion.

Some one else might say that pw not repeating his previous double relegation with Rotherham is something to be hoped for.

The best players in the Championship are probably beyond our budget and will not want to join an at best midtable club or one that might face a relegation fight.

For a while now our best promoted players from our academy, who might have done a great job for us in the Championship have been sold on. Now we might be, about to find put again what it actually costs to bring in talent at the championship level.

A player that looks good at league one level might be mediocre at best at the championship level.

10 hours ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

What about Lawrence Shankland from Hearts. 20 goals this season, 21 last. About 80 in the last 5

He's only got 1 year left on his contract. 

Hearts will be looking for between £3m and £5m in the summer, so proboly out of Derby's price range. 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/derby-county-chief-now-makes-transfer-promise-to-fans-if-paul-warne-achieves-promotion/

In my mind, to compete, means being a top six club, but that relies on a top 6 budget.

Former Premier league clubs receive parachute payments, money for having been in the Premier league, given to them to try to promote them immediately back to the Premier league. It's on a sliding scale, over several years.

That's the top 5 clubs, already having an unfair advantage.

Free agents mostly players over 30 and young loans don't equal success at championship or league one levels very often.

Spending money could see us back to almost seeing the end of the club.

We will need many replacements in the summer, in part, due to out of contract players but also because we will want a stronger squad.

The efl will be monitoring our spending even if for once, with a slightly less critical eye.

If we are promoted, we will not be the first club to have been promised a competitive squad but such a squad costs money.

Is the club over promising because, a competitive squad in our first season back in the championship means different things to different people. 

Mid table, is competitive in the first season, in my opinion.

Some one else might say that pw not repeating his previous double relegation with Rotherham is something to be hoped for.

The best players in the Championship are probably beyond our budget and will not want to join an at best midtable club or one that might face a relegation fight.

For a while now our best promoted players from our academy, who might have done a great job for us in the Championship have been sold on. Now we might be, about to find put again what it actually costs to bring in talent at the championship level.

A player that looks good at league one level might be mediocre at best at the championship level.

What a confusing, contradictory set of remarks. Please review and explain what you are getting at.