Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

6 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

To be honest Collo needs to be bollocked for these continual and wasteful offsides. It’s not helping the team at all. Ok, accepted, he doesn’t possess good pace so inevitably wants to sit on the defender’s shoulders to give himself the best chance of getting to a thru ball…. But FFS… look along the line sometimes. It’s really getting tedious now. 

Pretty worrying if he felt he needed a head start against those two dunderheads yesterday. 

6 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

Disappointed when PW tried to duck responsibility this way… u aren’t telling me Nyambe couldn’t have lasted five more minutes..

Sure, we may have conceded anyway but these- in my mind needless- substitutions didn’t help us at all. Changes for changes sake and to show who is in charge etc…

He took 2 injured players off to show who is in charge?

😂😂😂

12 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Glad you're all sick of the football on show. I'm going next Saturday. Can't wait.

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Gonna drive 5mph all the way to Derby, so at least I see some quick passing.

Wait... What?
From the same poster?
One having a dig at fans who are moaning about the poor quality of the football on show?
The other hinting that they are not themselves enamoured with the poor quality of the football on show?

I love this forum.

😁

7 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

Barnsley are doing what they need to do and how many times have we won late in games !!?

We nearly always lose at their place (offer quite heavily) so I’m not looking forward to playing there at all… if we lose then they are two points up on us and rarely losing…. Don’t underestimate them… could yet make the autos…

Shame about Pompey… back to their way of grinding out good 1-0 wins…

Burton 93

Bristol 90

Oxford 86

There’s three examples of when we’ve scored late to win a game.

If Barnsley are doing what they need to but are still below us, does that mean we’re also doing what we need to do? Regarding them rarely losing, they’ve only lost one less game than us.

I’m not ruling anyone out of making the top two but I’m not ruling anyone in either. That was my point.

9 hours ago, ck- said:

Genuine question as I seem to have lost my understanding of what counts as offside with all the “interfering with play” considerations. But who was offside? The ball was played backwards to the player who scored so it’s not him. They had a player on the line, but he was behind Wildsmith so not obstructing him. Pretty much in the same way that Hourihane was for our goal. 

According to the lino with the yellow flag it was James Collins. 🙄

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

After 31 games this season, I think most of us know roughly where we are as a football side. Results have been impressive, at times,  performances just haven’t been. Days like this are going to happen, especially when the performance levels aren’t there to back it up, so it’s not one to get stressed about. 

It is though if you care about the more long term. The only people happy to swallow this are the ‘up at all cost’ opinions regardless of what happens afterwards in the championship 

Thought the game was going to be a tough watch before I headed off in the morning , we always struggle against team who turn up with 11 wwf wrestlers unless we have a decent ref who stamps on it early to allow a game of football to break out , which rarely happens , reffing is very very poor in league 1🤷🏻‍♂️,

biggest gripe is we really needed to get right after them when we went 1-0 up , raise the tempo and raise the fans , our players just don’t seem to have that in them and I’m not putting that down to warne , apparently he showed them how results were going for us at half time and I kinda think if he lied and said we were losing ground we would have won , we have a team that seems capable of opening doors but not storming through them once open ,

Irritating as duck yesterday but we move on to the next game 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If it's upsetting you that much then yes you've already proposed the solution.

Never said I was ‘upset’.. just not enjoying my Saturdays as much as I’d like and have previously. 

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Flicking through here tonight I read that again we played poorly. It was of course always going to be a difficult game, with Warne letting us know on Thursday that Shrewsbury had such a good midfield that we couldn’t try to go through them, just over and round them. The bloke is an absolute clown, and it continues to be my view that he is holding us back. No surprise that game management was a problem again in the final few minutes.

I guess that was Shrewsbury's manager team talk done for him, PW is starting to get under my skin with his happy pre Rams TV garble, Talking about how nice the opposition manager is and whether he'll speak to him if they score 1st, Incredible how at times he talks the opposition up.

Yep he's beginning to wind me up giphy.gif&ehk=AVNnHoaXh97nxzxUegb6VLTPC2

I’m glad Warne owned up to the error in selection. In fact, his interview was all I hoped it would be.

We need to get back to a proper four man defence with Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin and Elder.

Bird, Adams and god knows who in midfield (Sibley again?)

NML, Collins and if he’s any good, CBT up front. And let’s have a go! We were so timid yesterday until it was too late.

2 minutes ago, ramtique said:

Never said I was ‘upset’.. just not enjoying my Saturdays as much as I’d like and have previously. 

This should really be on another forum but if someone isn't deriving any enjoyment from participating in an activity then there is a solution before it affects your mental wellbeing.

Imagine going to watch Derby as a way of escaping the 9 to 5 grind and it's actually bringing you down more which defeats the purpose. 

Why not try to focus on the positives - we're second in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m glad Warne owned up to the error in selection. In fact, his interview was all I hoped it would be.

We need to get back to a proper four man defence with Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin and Elder.

Bird, Adams and god knows who in midfield (Sibley again?)

NML, Collins and if he’s any good, CBT up front. And let’s have a go! We were so timid yesterday until it was too late.

Wildsmith

Nyambe Nelson Cash Elder

Thompson Smith Bird

Wilson Collins NML

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This should really be on another forum but if someone isn't deriving any enjoyment from participating in an activity then there is a solution before it affects your mental wellbeing.

Imagine going to watch Derby as a way of escaping the 9 to 5 grind and it's actually bringing you down more which defeats the purpose. 

Misery loves company. 

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thank You Sarcastic Pop Tv GIF by Big Brother After Dark

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Looking at the game today I've basically come to the conclusion that despite my happy clapping we really aren't very good. The division is poor and in it we are better than most. The football however is boring and littered with poor control and poor passing. It's as much to do with the players as it is the manager. Oh well, we are where we are. 

Yes, I was thinking the same. As the gloom merchants say there is a bit too much hoofing and outbreaks of head tennis but quality of football ? Surely a big chunk of quality football isn’t about tactics and set up .. it has to be about how players control a ball, pass the ball, beat a man, tackle cleanly, read the game as individuals.

We are slipping up because the consistency of quality in individual play isn’t there . That isn’t about effort or coaching it’s about skill level.

11 hours ago, ramtique said:

Spot on pal. I’ve been watching us for 50 years and have seen some dreadful sides in that time, but I have rarely been so bored at games. Yes I’m grateful we still have a club and all that. I don’t particularly expect to get promoted from where we have been the last 12/18 months. But I DO like to enjoy my Saturday afternoons which I’m not watching Warneball. The football is negative and totally uninspiring. We have the players - despite obvious deficiencies up front - to play better but are constrained by the limited and under ambitious approach of our management. Yes we are second etc etc but I’m not enjoying this and I’m sure I’m not alone. Cue the happy clappers telling me to stay at home…. 

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If it's upsetting you that much then yes you've already proposed the solution.

40 minutes ago, ramtique said:

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm with @ramtique on this.  It's simply not as enjoyable as it has been.  It's not as entertaining as it could be.  Jipes, it could even be argued it's not as entertaining as it SHOULD be (But that's a separate discussion). 
Like @ramtique, I too suspect there are others (20k+, quite likely, but I appreciate I could be open to argument there!)

I'm not threatening to down STs and stay away (Although it does occasionally cross my mind!).  I'm certainly not affected enough to be concerned about my day to day mental well being.
I don't enjoy seaside do-nuts as much as I did 40 years ago, but they're still bloody tempting when you're within touching distance of the seaside.
Same with Kylie in gold hotpants.  It just doesn't have that same effect any more... but I ain't gonna click away if it unintentionally pops up on my YouTube suggestions! 👀

Hey, @Tyler Durden, why not not try to focus on what folk are actually posting, rather than exaggerating their words and opinions to a polar extreme?  Just a thought.