Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

As for our poor displays at Pride Park…………I wouldn’t panic just yet! 👍🐏

IMG_1400.thumb.jpeg.bf2f65dda3886e12f529a775f0c14658.jpeg

Overall very good, but those dropped points have all been with goals against in the last five minutes (or even worse in injury time).  See those games out and we're a point behind Portsmouth (I know, I know, if my Aunty had bollox she'd be my Uncle and all that but could be so much better with more composure and killing teams off when in front).  Shouldn't complain too much, I agree, but we're so close to  having the perfect 10 that it makes it all the more frustrating!

22 minutes ago, Justa said:

That game was Warne all over - poor disjointed first half and go ahead in the second with one moment of quality.

Sit back and try to hold on then acted shocked that we don’t.

Why don’t we ever push on and try to score more rather than sitting back ?! Why not take advantage of the twelfth man ? Look how much the crowd get behind you when we do attack ? Why can’t Warne see this ?

People will scoff but his tactics are woeful.

Really agree with this. Was noticeable today that the crowd was really giving it a good go at getting behind the team, especially in the build up to Bird’s goal.

This carried on for a few minutes after the goal and then we reverted to type, poor and misplaced long passes, no fluidity in possession and head tennis, and it sucks all the life out of the ground.

The result today was frustrating and yet we’re somehow in with a chance of promotion, but this season for me has been really flat to watch. I won’t care if we’re promoted come May, but I’ve lost a bit of enthusiasm this season and I don’t think I’ll be the only one.

I’ll add more thoughts about the game later as it’s tough one to really have a conclusive thoughts over but I just wanted to add something whilst everyone is talking about the pushing and shoving….i honestly think it’s something we didn’t need to get involved in when we are winning. First the players did and then the fans and I thought it was all a bit OTT and a distraction. We weren’t and because we thought the game was a physical game, Shrewsbury out did us with probably the best move of the match.

I didn’t think we were switched on all game today, especially after we scored. Is it from a bit of arrogance? I’m unsure but Bird saying in his post game about us being a big game for them and giving a bit extra is poor and kinda summed upvour approach on the pitch.

Thought we’d draw today and thought posh would lose. Bolton dropping points is a bonus, but Barnsley joining the autos race is a little annoying. 

Didn’t watch the match so can only go off comments from you guys and twitter. But it is concerning that home games are no longer the banker they were in previous seasons. Seems even when we win at home it’s bloody hard work. 

If we do go up whilst we’ll all be cockahoot. I wouldn’t describe this season as enjoyable.

What really narked me about the post match interview again is the old having to worry about the opposition. Does he realise it was derby county vs Shrewsbury and not Rotherham b vs shrews. We are second in the brimming league shouldn’t it be the opposition that worry about us. Stop making us mentally into an under dog team and start taking the game to the opposition 

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

What really narked me about the post match interview again is the old having to worry about the opposition. Does he realise it was derby county vs Shrewsbury and not Rotherham b vs shrews. We are second in the brimming league shouldn’t it be the opposition that worry about us. Stop making us mentally into an under dog team and start taking the game to the opposition 

Yes the overfamiliarity/pals act regards the last 2 matches/managers has been annoying. Its not life and death obviously but not a get together with mates either esp good old "shrews"

19 minutes ago, LE_Ram said:

Really agree with this. Was noticeable today that the crowd was really giving it a good go at getting behind the team, especially in the build up to Bird’s goal.

This carried on for a few minutes after the goal and then we reverted to type, poor and misplaced long passes, no fluidity in possession and head tennis, and it sucks all the life out of the ground.

The result today was frustrating and yet we’re somehow in with a chance of promotion, but this season for me has been really flat to watch. I won’t care if we’re promoted come May, but I’ve lost a bit of enthusiasm this season and I don’t think I’ll be the only one.

You are not. 

32 minutes ago, sage said:

If Collins and NML understood how to stay onside we would have won.

Pinched from the BBC live text feed.

Agree….…..it did get rather repetitive at times👍🐏

85'

Offside, Derby County. James Collins is caught offside.

49'

45'

39'

28’

Offside, Derby County. Nathaniel Méndez-Laing is caught offside.

27'

Offside, Derby County. Conor Hourihane is caught offside.

20'

13'

I wonder if one of these days we might try and actually out football one of these crap outfits who turn up to play like this, or whether we will continue to willingly play them at exactly the game they want us to.

When you play win at all costs football and don’t win then you should absolutely expect criticism.

17 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from the BBC live text feed.

Agree….…..it did get rather repetitive at times👍🐏

85'

49'

45'

39'

28’

27'

Offside, Derby County. Conor Hourihane is caught offside.

20'

13'

That's the result of playing it from back to front too quickly with players not able/quick enough to get themselves back onside after pressing and ending up behind opposition defenders.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

While driving to the ground I got the biggest bird poo ever land splat on my screen. I wasn’t going to risk a “this is a sign” comment. Looks like I was right. It wasn’t. The lucky scarf from last week failed as did resolutely sticking to the same turn style. If we are going up it isn’t going to be via mystic portents.

Meh game, didn’t create enough. Momentary lack of concentration cost us. They were speedy and worked hard, we were ok but didn’t create enough. We were the better side but cracks are there and we need options. React against Exeter and all will be well.

They were a bit keen on the man handling and ref was less than helpful. 45 points up for grabs and no one behind us made any ground. Adams looks the business, he will make a difference.