Where do you think we'll finish this season?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I just boil it back down to the fact that we'd much rather be in our position than Bolton's or Peterborough's.

We know for a fact that 4 wins from here and we're up regardless of anything they do.

We also have softer fixtures on paper than either of them, with Bolton having Pompey & Peterborough, and Peterborough having Bolton to play and 7 games 21 days.

We'd have gladly taken this position at most points of the season if offered.

C'mon Derby, final push.

To win 4 games on the bounce after Win/Loss/Draw in our last 3 games , would be some effort. We did have an incredible run before that . Adams can drag us over the line .

I’m all over the place, but when I stop having my doubting Thomas moments and calm down, we just have to equal whatever Bolton do. Bolton on the other hand have to exceed our “points possible total”. It really is in our hands ….(for now 😬)

37 minutes ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

Wycombe, Orient, Cambridge and Carlisle 

If we cannot take all 3 pts off those teams whilst in poll position for the autos then we don't deserve to go up. 

Let's put Wycombe to the sword and put more pressure on Bolton!

That is just nuts. So if we only win three of them we don’t deserve to go up? 

Yes we are in the box seat for the second automatic promotion place but I fear at least two of those (Orient and Wycombe) are not going to be easy.

On my predictor, I only had Bolton down as drawing yesterday but, despite their win, I still have us down to pip them. I have us down for a draw against Wycombe so, a win would make up for my incorrect prediction in the Bristol v Bolton game.

What am I reading? I know we've all been through some right bottle jobs following Derby, but come on.

Barnsley ruled themselves out yesterday.

Peterborough have a horrifc run of games in 21 days and rely on a high energy game. 

Bolton really struggled to beat a poor Bristol Rovers team and haven't taken any more points than us over the last 5 games - and we've had to navigate Portsmouth, Blackpool, and Bolton themselves in that time.

Wycombe are playing a final this evening....beat them and it leaves 2 home games and Cambridge away. 

Honestly, I can see us winning the next 2, and Bolton drawing against Portsmouth, and it all being all being effectively over. Only 6 days to wait.

45 minutes ago, Norman said:

What am I reading? I know we've all been through some right bottle jobs following Derby, but come on.

Peterborough have a horrifc run of games in 21 days and rely on a high energy game. 

Bolton really struggled to beat a poor Bristol Rovers team and haven't taken any more points than us over the last 5 games - and we've had to navigate Portsmouth, Blackpool, and Bolton themselves in that time.

Wycombe are playing a final this evening....beat them and it leaves 2 home games and Cambridge away. 

Honestly, I can see us winning the next 2, and Bolton drawing against Portsmouth, and it all being all being effectively over. Only 6 days to wait.

I’m going with your version Norman 🤞😀

50 minutes ago, Norman said:

It would offer people like myself more optimism if we controlled matches. Not going to go down the Paul Warne pile on because he’s got us to 2nd playing Warneball. But there hasn’t been many matches this season were I’ve watched us and gone this will be easy.

Just as you slip in to a version of comfortable we go and poo the bed like we did against Northampton. 

Of course I’d rather be in our shoes than Bolton/Posh’s but then again I’d rather be in Portsmouth’s shoes which is pretty much 1 win away from promotion.

I do think it will be a bad job if we can’t beat Wycombe with their cup final considered. But knowing Derby like we do, personally I can’t see us winning all 4 which does open the door. Which is were people’s worries like my own come in.

56 minutes ago, Norman said:

Wouldn't that be just lovely jubbly. A stress free final day of the season, not having to smash Simmo's Carlisle, and best of all, the final day fixture of Peterborough vs Bolton being a dead rubber.

Would it be too much to ask for to be able to then sit back and watch Leeds suffer play off heart ache again (remember the last time 😀😀😀) and Forest to be relegated - on the last day losing at Burnley?

38 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

It would offer people like myself more optimism if we controlled matches. Not going to go down the Paul Warne pile on because he’s got us to 2nd playing Warneball. But there hasn’t been many matches this season were I’ve watched us and gone this will be easy.

Just as you slip in to a version of comfortable we go and poo the bed like we did against Northampton. 

Of course I’d rather be in our shoes than Bolton/Posh’s but then again I’d rather be in Portsmouth’s shoes which is pretty much 1 win away from promotion.

I do think it will be a bad job if we can’t beat Wycombe with their cup final considered. But knowing Derby like we do, personally I can’t see us winning all 4 which does open the door. Which is were people’s worries like my own come in.

I think it is a reflection of the league and how very even it is across the competing teams. Apart from Pompey I doubt any team has felt comfortable across a series of games. 

I've decided to go for the reverse psychology tactic. If I repeat the following in my head often enough then I might actually believe it...

I'd rather we didn't go up automatically, thank you very much. The season finishes far too early for my liking, so two, or possibly three (although ideally not, as Wembley is a bit of a faff to get to) more games in May will be great.

That way, if we go up automatically then I'll begrudgingly accept it as my lot as a Derby supporter. If it's to be the play-off lottery, well that's what I wanted all along so no need to mope around.

50 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Wouldn't that be just lovely jubbly. A stress free final day of the season, not having to smash Simmo's Carlisle, and best of all, the final day fixture of Peterborough vs Bolton being a dead rubber.

Would it be too much to ask for to be able to then sit back and watch Leeds suffer play off heart ache again (remember the last time 😀😀😀) and Forest to be relegated - on the last day losing at Burnley?

Stress free just isn’t The Derby Way, The Derby Way is wringing the maximum amount of drama from every situation. 

If we had a stress free last day that would be drama in its self.😂😂😂😂🤞🤞🤞🤞

Yes it feels awful, nerve wracking but by the same token exciting. All these emotions beat monotony every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It’s situations like this that make us love football. And if we don’t get over the line (which I think we will but if we don’t) then the season isn’t over in disappointment we have the playoffs to look forward to. Isn’t great to actually hand something to play for. 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

It would offer people like myself more optimism if we controlled matches.

We've tried that.  Controlling matches left, right, and centre.  To almost robotic proportions.  The entertainments business were booking us for upcoming stage show tours, we were that bloody fantastic to watch!
Optimism was oozing from every pore.  We literally couldn't contain it!

... Then Bobby Z scooped it all up, decanted it into a rinsed out magnum champers bottle, replaced the cork loosely, shook the bottle, then rammed it cork first right up our jacksies!

Stuff optimism!  

611e8eabaa51c10013c4e716.jpg

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yes it feels awful, nerve wracking but by the same token exciting. All these emotions beat monotony every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It’s situations like this that make us love football. And if we don’t get over the line (which I think we will but if we don’t) then the season isn’t over in disappointment we have the playoffs to look forward to. Isn’t great to actually hand something to play for. 

For those of us who trudged out of Hillsborough, on the last day , last season . For those of us that have been through the last 4 , failed play

-off campaigns - I want to see the players “Run through brick walls”. 

1 hour ago, Addingham Ram said:

If Carlsberg did Football weekends 🤣🤣🐑🐑

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

For those of us who trudged out of Hillsborough, on the last day , last season . For those of us that have been through the last 4 , failed play

-off campaigns - I want to see the players “Run through brick walls”. 

Same so do I and they will. Thing I like about us this season is how well we respond to adversity. There is a steel about them. We’ve had to s******** recent games largely due to our injury situation (which is as bad as anyones in the league for all Bolton’s bleating), but I thought we were really good against Pompey and I can see a return to the excellent performances of Bristol Vale and Reading for the last 4 games. If we play like we did against Pompey in the remaining fixtures we’ll get this done, no doubt in my mind.