Dajaune Brown - loan to Gateshead until end of season

Dartmouth Ram

Amazing how everyone knows how he's performing in training better than the coaching staff, because thats what they will be making their decisions on, yes he looks decent in the age group levels because of his physicality,  just as we've had in the past, Ball anyone?!? Or Whittaker more recently where his physical advantage was pace at youth level, what did most do to him when he was thrown in?

But without that edge he's looked like he's been struggling whenever he had an opportunity,  didn't he start in one of the cup games and had a shocker? And that's not even against regular L1 players.... 

I've also wanted to see us bring thru the academy lads, but maybe this opportunity to play against men regularly for a month may be just what he needs to be a viable option for our run in where we can recall him in 4 weeks...

4 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Amazing how everyone knows how he's performing in training better than the coaching staff, because thats what they will be making their decisions on, yes he looks decent in the age group levels because of his physicality,  just as we've had in the past, Ball anyone?!? Or Whittaker more recently where his physical advantage was pace at youth level, what did most do to him when he was thrown in?

But without that edge he's looked like he's been struggling whenever he had an opportunity,  didn't he start in one of the cup games and had a shocker? And that's not even against regular L1 players.... 

I've also wanted to see us bring thru the academy lads, but maybe this opportunity to play against men regularly for a month may be just what he needs to be a viable option for our run in where we can recall him in 4 weeks...

Whittaker's advantage was his brain and technical ability. It was his lack of physicality that meant he struggled with the step up, just as he had done stepping up from the U18s to the U21s. The biggest problem he had was having a manager who didn't understand what type of player he was and ddin't have the patience to develop him.

With Brown, it's not a case of him being a stronger/faster playing at youth level and now he's coming up against strogner/faster defenders... He's just not mentally ready to play for our first team. It's sort of a mental block of beliving that he is capable of playing in League 1 at this moment in time. Cashin has talked about similar issues when he was thrown in the first team - he didn't think he deserved to be in the team and was just there becuase we had no one else. Luke Thomas went over to the wrong wing on his debut becasue of nerves.

Could easily turn out to be another Hector-Ingram, going out on loan is probably what he needs right now. We have a history of getting over hyped about these untested youngsters who hit a few goals in the youth football, I think it stems from the fact we haven't produced a decent academy forward for many years (although some may argue Whittaker slipped through the net somewhat) last one I can think of is Sturridge, and he went on loan to Torquay if I remember rightly. 

1 hour ago, chewbacca said:

Could easily turn out to be another Hector-Ingram, going out on loan is probably what he needs right now. We have a history of getting over hyped about these untested youngsters who hit a few goals in the youth football, I think it stems from the fact we haven't produced a decent academy forward for many years (although some may argue Whittaker slipped through the net somewhat) last one I can think of is Sturridge, and he went on loan to Torquay if I remember rightly. 

Forgot about Hector ingram. Just had a look at what hes upto. Seems his football is going aswell as mine 

image.png.fb9c713f53292277f4c3d9aa2a0f4b0f.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/01/2024 at 10:01, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne opted to use Mendez-Laing in the middle rather than playing John-Jules there. What hope does an academy player have?

None if they aren't up to the required standard.

Up to him to go to Gateshead and prove he is.

His game time so far would indicate they don't think he is even up to their standard yet.

I know he hasnt scored yet but has anyone watched him play for the mighty gateshead? 🤣 When i watched him in the academy his physicality made him stand out playing against little wirey built lads. But im guessing its a different story against blokes. Has he been playing well and just not scoring? Hes only 18 and i know everyone is desperate for a bellingham to come out of our academy but i dont think hes the answer for first team in our current league position. Dwight gayle , waggy , barks and mandez laing should surely get us over the line and then look at having brown on bench next season or loaned out again to gain more experience and hopefully score some goals 🤣

30 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

I know he hasnt scored yet but has anyone watched him play for the mighty gateshead? 🤣 When i watched him in the academy his physicality made him stand out playing against little wirey built lads. But im guessing its a different story against blokes. Has he been playing well and just not scoring? Hes only 18 and i know everyone is desperate for a bellingham to come out of our academy but i dont think hes the answer for first team in our current league position. Dwight gayle , waggy , barks and mandez laing should surely get us over the line and then look at having brown on bench next season or loaned out again to gain more experience and hopefully score some goals 🤣

Not watched or anything, but looks like he last started a cup game but has been on the bench other than that.

On 25/01/2024 at 13:19, CodnorRam said:

Forgot about Hector ingram. Just had a look at what hes upto. Seems his football is going aswell as mine 

image.png.fb9c713f53292277f4c3d9aa2a0f4b0f.png

I work with one of the physios who was at west ham academy when he was there, and he told me despite this talent, JHI heart wasn't really in football. 

Brown started in the FA Trophy match at Hereford and has appeared as a sub in the NL games either three or four times I think. Yet to score a goal obviously. 

I've just checked the TNT coverage guide and none of Gateshead's matches are chosen. 

The same channel are showing a National League North game though on Sat 23rd March at 1230 and it's the leaders Tamworth away at Kings Lynn so hopefully a chance to check on big bad Bart's progress.

4 hours ago, Bubbles said:

heard we’re likely to recall him, which is fair enough, need him to get regular minutes. can see him going to a lower level national league side personally

What's the point ? if he isn't getting game time at Gateshead he's hardly going to be good enough at the moment to play for us 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

What's the point ? if he isn't getting game time at Gateshead he's hardly going to be good enough at the moment to play for us 

So he might as well train here I would have thought, rather than train with them and sit on their bench 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

He’ll be so far down the list of our two fit and available strikers at the club…

I think it would be better for him to be with our team, perhaps learn a bit from Dwight Gayle in training and be an impact sub when needed for us.