Dajaune Brown - loan to Gateshead until end of season

Dartmouth Ram

Interesting move. Now I don't know what sort of style they play under Elliot, but under Williamson they played a very very pass heavy style completely opposite to ours. IF they play similar to what they used to, I wonder why we've chosen Gateshead as his destination rather than someone similar to ours.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Surely this only goes through when we have signed another striker

I thought that. Doubt we would be sending a forward out on loan, especially considering current injuries, unless we had one coming through the door...

21 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Interesting move. Now I don't know what sort of style they play under Elliot, but under Williamson they played a very very pass heavy style completely opposite to ours. IF they play similar to what they used to, I wonder why we've chosen Gateshead as his destination rather than someone similar to ours.

Its just wrong to say we don't pass the ball. Cashin boots it long sometime I agree but for the most part we are a passing side. The issue is we get it and pass it wide

Good move as the PL2/Under 21's have only got 9 games left in their regular season due to the PL2 revamp so he will only have minutes in Under 18's or the odd youth friendly otherwise. Good test for him playing against men in a team that's competing for a National league playoff spot. Looks like we will be able to recall after 28 days but hopefully that's not the case and has a successful spell.

38 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Surely if they play a very pass heavy style it will be of benefit to him? It will help his close control, his first touch, and his awareness of what is around him. Playing a very heavily biased game could well do the opposite. The ball would be being thumped up to him and he could very easily lose confidence.

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

Surely if they play a very pass heavy style it will be of benefit to him? It will help his close control, his first touch, and his awareness of what is around him. Playing a very heavily biased game could well do the opposite. The ball would be being thumped up to him and he could very easily lose confidence.

Yep, spot on. Thing is, if you learn to drive with a clutch / Manual gearbox and hone those skills then you can then drive anything. 

4 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Its just wrong to say we don't pass the ball. Cashin boots it long sometime I agree but for the most part we are a passing side. The issue is we get it and pass it wide

Spot on. You don't have 67% possession if you don't pass the ball.

Some fans just have it stuck in their heads that we are a long ball team and won't budge from that misconception. 

4 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Gateshead aren't the same side that they were earlier in the season. They were heavily reliant on loans that have either recently expired or been recalled and some of their better players have left on permanent transfers. They have been trying to rebuild and results have suffered so Brown should be guaranteed plenty of game time

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Some fans just have it stuck in their heads that we are a long ball team and won't budge from that misconception. 

We average 52.3% possession, which is the 10th highest. 
We have an average of 310 accurate passes per game, the 12th highest.

I watched them a couple of times in September as a guest of a club sponsor, they were incredibly impressive. Tika taka football as the kids say. They went from goalkeeper at the back right through to the striker to tap home in probably 100 passes. Similar to the Yeovil goal of ours from the Steve Mac days. I don't know how they're getting on now with a new manager, but if it's anything similar, the striker just needs to stand in the box and wait for the quality service into him to finish. Brown should do well there.

37 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Good opportunity for him, based on what we’ve seen he has a chance of doing really well at that level. 

Acts as a little crash course in men’s football to see how he handles it. 

They just freed up space in their squad by letting a lad I know well enough, move up to MK Dons. He was getting Player of the month awards. So Dajaune has a good benchmark for them to judge him on.

Edited by Zag zig

21 hours ago, Jubbs said:

We average 52.3% possession, which is the 10th highest. 
We have an average of 310 accurate passes per game, the 12th highest.

Also worth noting that the difference between 10th and 4th is only 2%. In addition, the figure is growing most weeks, a lot of our earlier performances were very low in possession by comparison.

Once again showing stats need context behind them to make them meaningful, imo.