Dajaune Brown - loan to Gateshead until end of season

Dartmouth Ram

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Not exactly precision finishing for any of them, but they all count.

5 goals in 3 appearances now - he's obviously doing something right

The finishes weren't particularly clean, but his reaction to set himself for the shot one first one is great. The second one he dribbles through the defence nicely and switches the ball to his left foot to finish. And for his 3rd, his movement to the front post is perfect.

Not goal of the season contenders, but if he carries on like this I'd like to see him involved more with our first team next season and it may save us some money by not having to spend big on a more seasoned striker.

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Not exactly precision finishing for any of them, but they all count.

5 goals in 3 appearances now - he's obviously doing something right

This is how he improves all this. I hope he gets a couple of loans where he is a regular starter and his game continues to improve. His finishing will improve with coincidence, practice and game time. 

12 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Yeh, but the defenders all look National League standard at best. Oh, hang on... 

If you think back to that Chorley FA cup game, where we had to put out the academy lads against non-league defenders, the big issue was our lack of physicality.  We just got out-muscled and couldn't let out superior technical skills shine.  When you watch Brown play against teams at this level, you see none of that, he looks big and strong and his better movement and technique is shining though.   Obviously that doesn't guarantee he'd be good enough at higher levels, but it's certainly a good start.

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If you think back to that Chorley FA cup game, where we had to put out the academy lads against non-league defenders, the big issue was our lack of physicality.  We just got out-muscled and couldn't let out superior technical skills shine.  When you watch Brown play against teams at this level, you see none of that, he looks big and strong and his better movement and technique is shining though.   Obviously that doesn't guarantee he'd be good enough at higher levels, but it's certainly a good start.

I was trying (and failing, clearly) to have the craic. He's obviously very promising, but he's a country mile off the likes of Gayle, though I'd expect that given he's just a kid. one to look forward to, I reckon.

15 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I did a job at the Chorley ground a couple of years ago, I got discussing the game with some of their volunteers/staff. To give them credit, they generally don't acknowledge the game purely because it was men vs boys. Overall they were very disappointed that they couldn't play our first team as a reward for their efforts. But being non league, did admit the prize money was too hard to turn down.