Dajaune Brown - loan to Gateshead until end of season

Dartmouth Ram

Having advocated for him initially to get games in the cup ties, my ardour cooled a little at the prospect of him being around the 1st team, but surely he has to be in the reckoning now. He's literally the only striker we have fit, match sharp and scoring for fun, albeit at a significantly lower level. I'd be seriously considering getting him back to PP while his confidence is sky high.

40 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Having advocated for him initially to get games in the cup ties, my ardour cooled a little at the prospect of him being around the 1st team, but surely he has to be in the reckoning now. He's literally the only striker we have fit, match sharp and scoring for fun, albeit at a significantly lower level. I'd be seriously considering getting him back to PP while his confidence is sky high.

I'm not sure that we're allowed to recall him before Gateshead's season ends? 

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

We were told that we could recall him once the first 28 days of the loan had passed, due to it being a "youth loan".

Get him back I say.

12 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Nah, youth loan so we can bring him back mate.

My slight lingering doubt would be the class lift, but he's strong and deceptively quick and would at least create some space for others. He'll be a handful for most CBs anyway as he's really physical and I reckon and that's appealing as without either Collo or Gayle, fit and firing, we look quite easy to defend against. Now we have Barks and Nate out too, we have to find a different way. Hopefully Wags and Wash make my thinking look silly come Friday with a brace a piece 🙏

Edited by Comrade 86

It has been a good loan for the lad and will have built his confidence no end.  Time to recall now though as needs must, whatever happens between now and the end of the season won't define his career and he could just help us over the line perhaps?

If he's doing well, let him play out the season at Gateshead. Playing in a competitive men's league will do him the world of good, and he's got 6-9 games left, which he'll play by the looks of it. He's played the full 90 in their last 4 games. Better than warming the bench for our first team. If we have Waghorn & Washington fit(ish), plus NML, Barks, Gayle & Collins back in the next few weeks, and possibly JJ, he won't get a look-in anyway.

He could play at Wembley! (do the National League Playoffs go to Wembley?)

27 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

If he's doing well, let him play out the season at Gateshead. Playing in a competitive men's league will do him the world of good, and he's got 6-9 games left, which he'll play by the looks of it. He's played the full 90 in their last 4 games. Better than warming the bench for our first team. If we have Waghorn & Washington fit(ish), plus NML, Barks, Gayle & Collins back in the next few weeks, and possibly JJ, he won't get a look-in anyway.

He could play at Wembley! (do the National League Playoffs go to Wembley?)

Gateshead could be at Wembley twice, Playoff final May 4th and FA trophy final May 11th.

They play the semi final April 6th.

The national league playoff winner receives nearly one million in prize money.

Edited by Foreveram

10 hours ago, Srg said:

Get you a commentator that's excited when his team scores as this guy. Can we sign him for Radio Derby?

Derby would soon knock that out of him! 😂

On 27/03/2024 at 10:11, Crewton said:

He's on a 24 hour recall because Gateshead are not in the EFL, if it was a team in the EFL then the loan would have to go to the end of the season.

24 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Gateshead have just signed a new striker on a loan, a lot of their fans reckon the only reason would be because we’ve recalled DB

It looks like they didn't even name a CF on their bench at the weekend. Their 3rd top CF scorer this season joined York in January. 

Up until Brown got into the side, they had almost entirely played with 1 upfront. With Brown in there, they've started playing with 2 upfront, so probably see the need for an extra forward as backup.

Personally, I hope he stays on loan at Gateshead for the rest of this season. While he is on a good run of form recently with his goal scoring recently; the standard of defending in the National League this year has been pathetic.

I've seen a number of Chesterfield games in the division this year and I've been surprised with the lack of ability in the division this year. Usually, the national league is fairly strong, which is seen with teams doing well the following year in League 2, but this year its not surprising that 12 teams are still in a relegation battle with a couple of weeks of the season left.

I'd say the best thing for Dajaune's development would be a loan spell to a League 2 team next season. Maybe at a team like Notts County, Chesterfield or Mansfield if they don't go up.

While I'm sure that Dajaune has the ability to be a key part of our 1st team in the future, I see it being too much of a step up in quality with so few games left for us this season.