Dajaune Brown - loan to Gateshead until end of season

Dartmouth Ram

1 hour ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Personally, I hope he stays on loan at Gateshead for the rest of this season. While he is on a good run of form recently with his goal scoring recently; the standard of defending in the National League this year has been pathetic.

I've seen a number of Chesterfield games in the division this year and I've been surprised with the lack of ability in the division this year. Usually, the national league is fairly strong, which is seen with teams doing well the following year in League 2, but this year its not surprising that 12 teams are still in a relegation battle with a couple of weeks of the season left.

I'd say the best thing for Dajaune's development would be a loan spell to a League 2 team next season. Maybe at a team like Notts County, Chesterfield or Mansfield if they don't go up.

While I'm sure that Dajaune has the ability to be a key part of our 1st team in the future, I see it being too much of a step up in quality with so few games left for us this season.

Yeah, he's doing brilliantly, but the defending from the highlights is absolutely pants.

4 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

So few people there for a semi final ! 

Could be something to do with the rail strike yesterday,its a long way  to drive in a car,there was something on the news how a lifelong supporter,and he looked like an old man couldnt get to the match,he is now making sure he will be at the final

3 hours ago, angieram said:

That's pretty good for non-league? And they play at the big athletics stadium, don't they? 

665 at Alfreton yesterday.

Their stadium always makes a crowd look sparse. They aren't one of the better supported non-league clubs although I think their supporter base is slowly increasing.

35 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Drama last night!

Can't see any standing water on the pitch. It's an odd one as I thought it was up to the match officials to decide not the players, or have I got that wrong? Think I read somewhere that Gateshead now have 4 (or maybe 5!) games scheduled over a 10 day period which if true, is actually quite ridiculous. 

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

Can't see any standing water on the pitch. It's an odd one as I thought it was up to the match officials to decide not the players, or have I got that wrong? Think I read somewhere that Gateshead now have 4 (or maybe 5!) games scheduled over a 10 day period which if true, is actually quite ridiculous. 

2nd-5th qualify for the Playoffs. You can see why Aldershot would be happy withthe long return journey, if it means Gateshead are less likely to pick up points.

image.png.161df23683ea4fba8a57fcaa9ef0f2e3.png

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2nd-5th qualify for the Playoffs. You can see why Aldershot would be happy withthe long return journey, if it means Gateshead are less likely to pick up points.

image.png.161df23683ea4fba8a57fcaa9ef0f2e3.png

Actually 2nd-7th are in the play offs. 2nd and 3rd are automatically in the semi final. Others play a weird 1 off quarter final. Gateshead should comfortably finish in the play offs.  

10 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Actually 2nd-7th are in the play offs. 2nd and 3rd are automatically in the semi final. Others play a weird 1 off quarter final. Gateshead should comfortably finish in the play offs.  

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realise they changed it.. In 2018!! 😮 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realise they changed it.. In 2018!! 😮 

Yeah, suppose it keeps more teams interested. I dont understand why they make it that only 2 go up. Weird.