Dajaune Brown - loan to Gateshead until end of season

Dartmouth Ram

I wonder if it's a ploy to allow another southern club into the playoffs (i.e. Aldershot).

This should have been highlighted a few months ago to allow Gateshead time to enter into discussions with the local council.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I wonder if it's a ploy to allow another southern club into the playoffs (i.e. Aldershot).

This should have been highlighted a few months ago to allow Gateshead time to enter into discussions with the local council.

It was, November. 

No, Solihull Moors will get a bye to the semi-finals.

The whole set of decisions is odd. If Gateshead can't play, why not replace them with Aldershot? Why do Solihull (5th) get a bye just because they were meant to play Gateshead? Surely Altrincham in 4th should get the advantage of the bye and restructure the semis?

This just feels petty and vindictive. I've said for several years now that I do not believe the EFL is fit for purpose. Their ethos seems to me to be almost perfectly at odds with the that of the game whose interests they claim to champion and this kind of self-harm only reinforces that impression further.

The EFL are a shambles, but I'm not sure this is caused by them. Maybe it's debateable whether a 10 year security of tenure is really necessary for a promoted team, but this was quite clearly stipulated in the league rules and Gateshead were already informed of this potentially barring them from promotion well ahead of time. I'd be very interested to know why Gateshead council failed to work with the club to provide the security of tenure.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

The EFL are a shambles, but I'm not sure this is caused by them. Maybe it's debateable whether a 10 year security of tenure is really necessary for a promoted team, but this was quite clearly stipulated in the league rules and Gateshead were already informed of this potentially barring them from promotion well ahead of time. I'd be very interested to know why Gateshead council failed to work with the club to provide the security of tenure.

Said it in the other thread, but they have - according to them. Issue being is if the council sell it, the new owners are free to renegotiate.

OK,all you Dajaune lovers a chance to watch him in the FA Trophy,Gateshead/Solihull,4.15 pm 11th May,Wembley

And before I get berated it is just a reminder for your diaries,I for one am looking forward to see  this young man play.

5 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

OK,all you Dajaune lovers a chance to watch him in the FA Trophy,Gateshead/Solihull,4.15 pm 11th May,Wembley

And before I get berated it is just a reminder for your diaries,I for one am looking forward to see  this young man play.

I saw him play the full 90 minutes in Gateshead's 0-2 at AFC Fylde. Unfortunately he was rarely involved in what was an off-key team individual and team performance. 

This isn’t a new rule. It’s been there for some time and all clubs including Gateshead were aware. Some clubs have a 10 year lease which runs out in the next few years such as Oxford where the lease runs out in 2026 so they need a new lease or new ground for the 26/27 season

Probably speculation following his success at Gateshead but there is some chatter on the Chesterfield forum transfer rumours that they are after Brown on a season long loan for next season

On 22/04/2024 at 13:25, O'hare is the goat said:

Not unless they make a ridiculous offer. He's got 2 years to run on his contract and I imagine the club will be putting a new improved offer Infront of him in the close season (or should be).

3 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

He won't want to be going to play for Newcastle's U21 team when he'll likely be in or around the 1st team at Derby. Highly unlikely at least, thankfully. Good to hear that he's so highly rated though. Contract extension the order of the day, I reckon.

On 01/05/2024 at 17:33, Comrade 86 said:

He won't want to be going to play for Newcastle's U21 team when he'll likely be in or around the 1st team at Derby. Highly unlikely at least, thankfully. Good to hear that he's so highly rated though. Contract extension the order of the day, I reckon.

I wish I shared your confidence that he'll be around the first team. I expect Warne will be keen to loan him out to League Two. I think that's the development path Warne has talked about before.