Dajaune Brown - loan to Gateshead until end of season

Dartmouth Ram

36 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If you think back to that Chorley FA cup game, where we had to put out the academy lads against non-league defenders, the big issue was our lack of physicality.  We just got out-muscled and couldn't let out superior technical skills shine.  When you watch Brown play against teams at this level, you see none of that, he looks big and strong and his better movement and technique is shining though.   Obviously that doesn't guarantee he'd be good enough at higher levels, but it's certainly a good start.

It was also a decimated U23 side, with several of them regularly training with the first team so became unavailable due to the Covid group thingy.

Yates was possibly 5th choice GK, behind Ravas, Idem, Sykes-Kenworthy, and Foster.

Outfield, we were missing: Archie Brown, JBrown, Cashin, McDonald, Watson, Dixon, Shonibare, Wilson, Mitchell-Lawson, Hector-Ingram and Stretton.

Festy had only just returned from injury and was only fit enough for a spot on the bench.

Bring him back. We've only Waggy that can start and he hasn't done 90 mins yet. Washy only just back will take weeks to be up to speed.

Daj is fit and firing and full of confidence, he could really help us from the bench.

Having seen the success that Dajaune has had; it makes me wonder why we don't loan out some of our other youngsters to give them experience. Yes some have been loaned out in recent times, such as Callum Moore to Matlock, Harry Evans to Barwell was it and Harrison Solomon to Belper last year, but some that are closer to the first team would surely benefit.

The likes of Fapetu, Lindsay and Weston would surely benefit from spells in the National League or National League N/S.

10 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Having seen the success that Dajaune has had; it makes me wonder why we don't loan out some of our other youngsters to give them experience. Yes some have been loaned out in recent times, such as Callum Moore to Matlock, Harry Evans to Barwell was it and Harrison Solomon to Belper last year, but some that are closer to the first team would surely benefit.

The likes of Fapetu, Lindsay and Weston would surely benefit from spells in the National League or National League N/S.

I think Weston refused a loan opportunity this season. 

6 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I think Weston refused a loan opportunity this season. 

...he did...he [apparently] wanted to fight for a place here...I can see similarities between him and Gayle...and assuming Gayle is injured this weekend I could see Weston being on the bench...if not a starter...

6 hours ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Lindsat is on loan to Glentoran and has 2 goals (0 assists) in 7 appearances (233 mins)

16 hours ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

we send loan players out every year. not many seem to kick on and do well though

15 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

...he did...he [apparently] wanted to fight for a place here...I can see similarities between him and Gayle...and assuming Gayle is injured this weekend I could see Weston being on the bench...if not a starter...

I can’t see him starting mate, but he looked a tidy player last time he got a chance in the cup.