Ex/Reformed Football Hooligan wanted for Case Study

utisbug

Hi,

I'm a Psychotherapist and am currently looking for an ex/reformed football hooligan to take part in a short interview discussing their motivations and experience.

This would be voluntary and you would remain anonymous in the report. The findings will be produced as part of a study looking into the lived experience of football hooligans. The interview will take no longer than 50 minutes and can take place over zoom or in person.

If you have any questions please let me know

Thank you for your time

Curtis

6 hours ago, utisbug said:

Hi,

I'm a Psychotherapist and am currently looking for an ex/reformed football hooligan to take part in a short interview discussing their motivations and experience.

This would be voluntary and you would remain anonymous in the report. The findings will be produced as part of a study looking into the lived experience of football hooligans. The interview will take no longer than 50 minutes and can take place over zoom or in person.

If you have any questions please let me know

Thank you for your time

Curtis

Just ask a boxer why he gets in the ring or a motorcycle rider why he goes round the track at 200 mph,

then add the fact that the people your with become second family and you’ve just about covered it 🤷‍♂️
Adrenalin and tribalism 

Edited by Archied

9 hours ago, Archied said:

Just ask a boxer why he gets in the ring or a motorcycle rider why he goes round the track at 200 mph,

then add the fact that the people your with become second family and you’ve just about covered it 🤷‍♂️
Adrenalin and tribalism 

And the need to wear Stone Island. 

9 hours ago, Archied said:

Adrenalin and tribalism 

ITK? You come across as someone with experience

The play 'The Firm' - the original, NOT THE REMAKE deals with it very well IMO.

Directed by Alan Clarke and written by Al Hunter (an ex hooligan himself).

The character Dominic comes across slightly inadequate throughout. At the end he is ranting to the TV people "it's about belonging".

...It's also worth a watch for the nasty guy in Murphy's Mob playing a copper and dealing with Benny from Grange Hill who has just been cut up...

"come on the train from London did you?... Ah, hitch-hiked... And your name is (looks at statement), Michael Jackson... You're going to need some more plastic surgery Michael!"

😆

1 hour ago, Archied said:

If you are of a certain age and followed your team away you were pretty much herded to safety in numbers 

Hmm. I am of a certain age and went away. Fortunately managed to miss most of it. However I do know where you are coming from.