Ex/Reformed Football Hooligan wanted for Case Study

utisbug

4 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Still see Walt occasionally at the match, used to work with him at the pit in the 80s, good bloke, worked the doors up Ilson as well.

He was a regular face on the Popside, always the first one in if we had any visitors. He often wore  an old blue and white hat? 

57 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

Went to tech (ilson)with Garth late 70's. Went to watch Forest/Derby in the infamous Boxing Day game 78 with the Ilson mob at Garth's invitation.

Ended up in the Trent End then chucked out after the rucks started.

We hung round Notts for the next two hours, having a few pints before heading back towards the station.

Got herded onto the Ramaway by the police (just to get us out of Nottingham as quickly as possible).

Not wanting to go all the way to Derby a plan was hatched that someone would pull the emergency cord just before Long Eaton and with luck we would stop more or less at the platform.

After much harsh debate, as to who and exactly when the cord should be pulled we had already passed through Long Eaton before the said act took place.

Fortunately the train stopped exactly on Sawley Road Level crossing and we piled out and began the longer walk back to Ilkeston.

About 8.30 by the time we got back to The Market inn.

Safe to say, being a bit of a Wuss i never went with them to another game again!!

I went to the Boxing Day game with my dad (I was only 13) we actually drew 1-1 if memory serves me right and were leading at halftime. The away end used to be down the side near the Trent end in those days 

1 hour ago, I DONT MIND said:

Went to tech (ilson)with Garth late 70's. Went to watch Forest/Derby in the infamous Boxing Day game 78 with the Ilson mob at Garth's invitation.

Ended up in the Trent End then chucked out after the rucks started.

We hung round Notts for the next two hours, having a few pints before heading back towards the station.

Got herded onto the Ramaway by the police (just to get us out of Nottingham as quickly as possible).

Not wanting to go all the way to Derby a plan was hatched that someone would pull the emergency cord just before Long Eaton and with luck we would stop more or less at the platform.

After much harsh debate, as to who and exactly when the cord should be pulled we had already passed through Long Eaton before the said act took place.

Fortunately the train stopped exactly on Sawley Road Level crossing and we piled out and began the longer walk back to Ilkeston.

About 8.30 by the time we got back to The Market inn.

Safe to say, being a bit of a Wuss i never went with them to another game again!!

I was at that game as an 18 year old. Absolutely mental all day. 
 4 of us got attacked 100 yards from the station after the match but were saved by another group of Derby  

I was on a train that had the cord pulled not far from where Pride Park is now because lads reckoned the police were going to nick them when we arrived at Derby station   Loads jumped off the train and ran off