Fleetwood Away Match Thread

sage

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As it turned out, I think I could have played in goal today and just conceded the 1…

I thought that Vickers made a brilliant save in the first half, the ref didn't agree and gave a goal kick. It would be interesting to hear from Vickers as to whether he got a touch to it.

Good result today - sort of game we often lose - sky, bottom, new manager, after christmas. not always in control but we did it. Players stepped up when needed and when they did we looked a level above.
Just want to say not been Collins' biggest fan but in this run of ours he's been excellent - works so hard for the team and got his goals. 

3 points away from home. Tough gig against a physical team with a new manager and we did what we had to do. Some attempts at playing nice football on a horrible narrow pitch that never really came off but we dug in when needed and always looked capable of scoring whilst admittedly not very secure at the back.

Promotion seasons are built on games like this.

Onwards and upwards. 

COYR.

Just now, CBRammette said:

Good result today - sort of game we often lose - sky, bottom, new manager, after christmas. not always in control but we did it. Players stepped up when needed and when they did we looked a level above.
Just want to say not been Collins' biggest fan but in this run of ours he's been excellent - works so hard for the team and got his goals. 

Agree with this. Collins has won me over with his workrate and goals. Not sure what type of player we were judging him with but we are where we are and he is doing his best.

Collins is a grafter who is giving his all and winning games for us.

As a bit of a Saturday drunken day, watching the match in my local and having friends round this evening, i'd just like to remind everyone of the words to the song we'll be singing over the next few months.

"The Rams are going up, The Rams are going up,

and now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna belieeeeeeve us,

The Rams are going up"

Repeat ad finitum.

Been there, done it, its happening, enjoy.

8 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Bringing in another keeper would be a waste of a signing when we have more urgent needs in the midfield and striking positions. Wildsmith is more than adequate for a team challenging for automatic promotion in this league but in the last few matches has become much too complacent. He needs to be put under pressure to prove he can regain his form and In the meantime, Vickers is good enough to fill the keeping role in the short term.

By new keeper, I mean new keeper in the starting line up. 

21 minutes ago, Stockport Ram said:

Just the occasional goal might suffice for the less discerning folk like me.

An enigma wrapped up in a conundrum is our Tom, but somehow he still manages to contribute.

I agree. I find it hard to warm to Barkhuizen.

I think Wilson is a much more exciting player and would favour him over Barkhuizen or Ward every time.

Wilson’s not the finished article by any means and his end product can (and will) improve but the intent he brings is the difference.

He might try things that don’t always come off but he is always demanding the ball and in the thick of it.

In a year to 18 months, we could have a really accomplished player on our hands.

8 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Without reading through, did Warne explain why Wildsmith didn't play?

Not definitively. He was asked directly during the Ramstv post match interview and said words along the lines of he doesn’t like dropping anyone/changing the team for the sake of it which suggests he dropped Wildsmith. He then said Wildsmith trained on Thursday and wasn’t 100% and when a player isn’t 100% Warne won’t play them for the sake of it when he has other players capable of doing a job, which suggests an injury to Wildsmith which would tie into the pre-match comments on Thursday about a couple of unnamed injury concerns in the squad. He then said “we collectively decided it was time to give Vickers a game”, which again suggests dropping Wildsmith. And another comment about “playing the men today” so a tactical choice to play the more “robust” Vickers?

So…yeah….not clear but there’s definitely an interpretation of that which suggests Wildsmith may have been benched due to recently being below par. 

5 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Good win in the end. Could have been given/given away a pen but generally happy with the way we played. Nml very unlucky not to hit his second immediately after the restart.

Still feeling stung by pboro and Wycombe results tbh looking at the league table.

Yeh that 6 point swing against Pboro looks crucial now. Let's hope it isn't by May. 

4 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Was in the seats yesterday. Have to say what excellent prices all the products were. Hot Dog £3.50, bottles of beer £2.50, pie of the day (chicken balti) £2.50, standard pies £4, and other stuff available . Well done Fleetwood for not fleecing supporters.

image.png.46a01b3783ec92ed75df58d7852ab211.png

12 hours ago, caymanram said:

11 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I think Vickers got the nod over Wildsmith for two reasons, Wildsmith took a knock against Peterboro and Vickers is going to start in the EFL trophy on Tuesday, so it made sense to get him used to the backline in front of him and he also won't be going into that game cold.

12 hours ago, caymanram said:

He did use the word ‘drop’ once and I think that’s what it was …:he did also mention how Vickers had trained well…

…. albeit with the added benefit that Vickers needed a competitive game…

I think he also used the word excuse once. I think he'd have liked to give JV a run of games and JW a rest so this knock gave him that chance. Especially given we know JV would have played Tuesday either way so that's 2 games and we'll see where he stands after that blockquote widget

4 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Was in the seats yesterday. Have to say what excellent prices all the products were. Hot Dog £3.50, bottles of beer £2.50, pie of the day (chicken balti) £2.50, standard pies £4, and other stuff available . Well done Fleetwood for not fleecing supporters.

Yes, and a humble cup of tea just £1.50. Was £3 at both Wigan and Oxford.

Just listed to PW post match interview on RamsTV. Saw the game v honestly. What do people think he means when he says we over “complicated” things in the second half. I assume he means when Fleetwood were on top but what did he want us to do?