Our Form is Stupendous

Day

Will be interesting how we get on against the two styles of Peteboro and Oxford. 

I think we've worked out how to play against different opponents now.

The teams that defend for 90s mins are often a tough nut to crack, especially at home, but we seem to be finding a way.

Those who try and play a bit, but aren't very good at it, seem easy to beat now.

Perhaps the aggressive, in your face teams like Stevenage are still a bit of a problem.

From what I remember, Oxford play good football, but actually are able to create chances by it too.

Peteboro are perhaps different to most teams as they play really attacking.

I feel like we can cope well with both these styles. More confident of beating them than if we were up against Stevenage.

4 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Imo, we should be training a lot lighter to the end of the season now.  Save the players intensity for the games. We’ve been caught out by this last season and Warne’s teams have been caught out before too. 

It was interesting to hear that the squad didn't come in for training on xmas day, they all had to film a run at home and post it on the WhatsApp group. I think that we all would have expected Warne to have had them in for a training session on Xmas day, especially after having a day off on Friday.

This would tend to suggest that Warne is open to managing the training towards the end of the season. 

26 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It was interesting to hear that the squad didn't come in for training on xmas day, they all had to film a run at home and post it on the WhatsApp group. I think that we all would have expected Warne to have had them in for a training session on Xmas day, especially after having a day off on Friday.

This would tend to suggest that Warne is open to managing the training towards the end of the season. 

Not surprising. He did the same last year and has said he always does. Family, player happiness and trust is important to him.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Having an incredible run and people still moan? Would you rather or lose? What’s the point in following football when your teams on the best run for a long time and still not happy?

If you extrapolate our points per game over the last 8 matches to the course of the entire season then we would finish on about 126 points which is unheard of.

And people are moaning that we're "only" 4th after such a fantastic run.

Says more about the posters making these comments than anything else 

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Having an incredible run and people still moan? Would you rather or lose? What’s the point in following football when your teams on the best run for a long time and still not happy?

53 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you extrapolate our points per game over the last 8 matches to the course of the entire season then we would finish on about 126 points which is unheard of.

And people are moaning that we're "only" 4th after such a fantastic run.

Says more about the posters making these comments than anything else 

Love a good moan, me.

I'm very tempted to moan about folk moaning about folk moaning.

#gid moaning
91ab254783ed03f37803f534fbde02bd.jpg

3 hours ago, Topram said:

I can't recall anyone complaining about the run of results or declaring themselves "unhappy" that we are 4th.

There have been some points raised about aspects of the performances and how the team might be managed to avoid implosions as we have previously seen.

Some folk want to engage in discussion, some just want to shut down any such discourse, often using incredulity to do so.

Not difficult to see where you stand, but why not just let others debate things that you regard as unnecessary?

Live and let live etc....