Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

3 hours ago, DiggerB said:

NML needs to find his shooting boots, and some confidence!

I suspect he's that tired from travelling across time and space he'd struggle to find his boots.   We lost him as a decent player when Knight was moved from full back as he did all his running.  We've lost any usefulness at all now he's playing football at 3am on a 5 weekly rota.

He will only be effective as a sub, standing in a 10 yard radius, without any tracking player duties.  Basically not much at all

13 hours ago, one_chop said:

It's going to be a bore draw.

One post! You lasted one post 😂 

Are you this premature in other areas of life?

11 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

A very manager-y interview.

Like someone's taken Warne's draught 

Lactose intolerant too is he? 

Gamechanger. Warne out.

Edited by Comrade 86

8 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Anyone able to confirm if Swarkestone bridge is open please? My usual match day route in from S.Derbys, be good to know.

Was very heavy c. 09:30 yesterday (Monday)

Heavy enough for us to turn off at the Crewe & Harper towards Willington (aiming for Swad). 
Traffic was slow but moving, in both directions. Couldn’t confirm whether they were actually crossing the causeway or diverted up by the John Thompson?  🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Love night games under the lights and am hoping the atmosphere is decent although have a feeling the attendance will be low. Let’s hope the performance is better than the same fixture last season which from memory was a dull 0 0 again at night. 

There’s some on here who would love night games with no lights 😂

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's the problem though... if indeed the forum has a problem.

The Warne-Out Brigade will dismiss even a 4-0 win, due to it being a "dead cert" for 3 points.

Roll on a 6 game winning streak, so it becomes a joy to pop in here again!  

🐏

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Someone prove me wrong it isn't going to be thus

If we win convincingly with a proper performance rather than ‘no easy games in this league’ mentality against a team that can’t buy a win then you’ll see me all aboard the playoff train because ultimately I can hold my nose with Warnes football if he’s still getting them putting in convincing displays against sides we should be seeing off. 

I just want to feel excited again. I want to want to stand up at the match rather than it being an effort as it has been. 

I’ll praise him if we put on a rip roaring performance. If we win but we look dogshit I’ll be honest about that too. 

7am Tuesday...

A52 stretch between PP/Wyvern to Pentagon is now re-opened in both directions, as is the slip exit itself, (from PP near M&S/Tim Horton's onto said Derby-bound A52.)

The 2 lane underpass leading from Pentagon towards Radio Derby/Friargate (and A6 Duffield Road/Jury's Inn Hotel) still closed.

The 2 lanes to the left of that (Eastgate?), leading up and around to The Old Cockpitt/Derbion/Railway station/PP remains fully open.

All routes through PP/Wyvern now appear to be fully open.

... As was Greggs.  Excuse me whilst I now devour this Pain au chocolat, as it's still a bit warm!  😎

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

7am Tuesday...

A52 stretch between PP/Wyvern to Pentagon is now re-opened in both directions, as is the slip exit itself, (from PP near M&S/Tim Horton's onto said Derby-bound A52.)

The 2 lane underpass leading from Pentagon towards Radio Derby/Friargate (and A6 Duffield Road/Jury's Inn Hotel) still closed.

The 2 lanes to the left of that (Eastgate?), leading up and around to The Old Cockpitt/Derbion/Railway station/PP remains fully open.

All routes through PP/Wyvern now appear to be fully open.

... As was Greggs.  Excuse me whilst I now devour this Pain au chocolat, as it's still a bit warm!  😎

Why no greggs on match day anymore ?

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

Why no greggs on match day anymore ?

I don't think there ever has been. 
Something to do with the lease agreement (With it being within the stadium building itself), and allowing the matchday caterers a fair crack... for something like 2 hours before kick off to 2 hours after the final whistle, (That branch of) Greggs has to close.

It may be 90 minutes? Not sure.  🤷‍♂️

EDIT:

I guess they close c. 1pm on a Saturday afternoon (3pm KO) and c. 6pm on a night match?  

Edited by Mucker1884

Paul Warne tries to protect his players, you can see that in the interviews. I think they are low on confidence especially with the ball at our feet. We played our best football when McGoldrick came deep and started a move 

I would play just 1 holding Midfielder and try and get them to own the position...

Playing bird, Fornah and Smith/ Hourihane is too much of the same type of player and in practice the midfield gets owned

I would play a diamond for a bit of pass and move

Wildsmith 

Nyambe  Nelson Cashin   Forsyth 

Bird

Wilson                    NML

Sibley           

Waghorn   Barks

A bit of a change and get bird to dictate the passing play and give barks a go upfront as he looks dangerous and tell sibley to just enjoy himself 

Edit: and if Joe Ward is fit i would play him over NML and I would steer away from crosses into the box and try and be more creative, we pass and never move!

Edited by TheRamOfSwad