Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'll help you out

image.png.f0c6fc86248e668d2e6a37c0929e9a54.png

Shots and goals as per Whoscored

I'm wondering if some of those shots to goals ratios were improved by Ince drawing 2 players at a time to him like terrified leeches on his arse, leaving lots of space for others to have the time to position their finishes. I note that the top 3 alI played with him. I recall a fair few of his goals being the beating of two players from the angle.  Remember scoring one like it against Forest which almost made their away support combust.

He scored about 1 in 3 as well.  I'd take that from a wide player today.

23 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

For what it's worth, I like the back 4... just need to find some structure in midfield.

Bird and Hourihane have played alongside each other regularly in the past (not that I was a fan at the time, but it was better than what we have now!)... Sibbo at number 10... give youth a chance with Dajaune Brown starting up front.

Wildsmith
Nyambe  Nelson  Cashin  Forsyth
                Bird  Hourihane
Mendez-Laing  Sibley  Barkhuizen
                       Brown

Oh and keep the round thing on the bloody ground ffs! 🤣 COYR 🐏

Interesting on Brown, personally I’m not in favour of starting him, but think he should be much more involved than he is currently. 

Unfortunately for Brown he has Washington and Collins ahead of him despite neither being particularly convincing.

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

I think if he ever feels he has to resign it will also be because he is decent, caring and honest.

Have you ever known a manager resign because it's the "decent, caring and honest" thing to do?

Most managers, I would suggest, will only resign (for footballing reasons) if their position is untenable, due to lack of support from the owner. You can't expect an employee of the club to have the same passion or level of caring for the club as us supporters.

How many of us would resign from our jobs and make ourselves unemployed because things weren't going so well?

Edited by Tamworthram

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Have you ever known a manager resign because it's the "decent, caring and honest" thing to do?

Most managers, I would suggest, will only resign (for footballing reasons) if their position is untenable, due to lack of support from the owner. You can't expect an employee of the club to have the same passion or level of caring for the club as us supporters.

No way Warne’s agent will let him throw 3 years wages away. Pearce and David C would sit down with them both and make an offer - then a counter offer would come and settle at a figure . In the background a new manager is being made ready.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Are you suggesting that Warne doesn’t normally send out what he feels to be his best 11, and that the players haven’t been fighting at their best for their manager this season?  

Not really but I do think the mentality has not have been right , warnes fault ? , players fault ? Mix of both ? 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Woo Hooo! Better than watching on tv? 😄

Bolton (x2) and Preston have also recently installed screens from this company. (Aberdeen with some products of their too)

Hopefully it sees the live match feed reinstated, it's been a bit annoying not having replays of key incidents on display tbh.

23 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Bolton (x2) and Preston have also recently installed screens from this company. (Aberdeen with some products of their too)

Hopefully it sees the live match feed reinstated, it's been a bit annoying not having replays of key incidents on display tbh.

The screen has been a bit dodgy for a while, with some bits not working.

I've no idea whether not showing key incidents s is anything to do with, tbh. They show goal replays but maybe aren't allowed to do other than that. They've never shown anything controversial, like free kick/penalty awards.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

How many of us would resign from our jobs and make ourselves unemployed because things weren't going so well?

Depends if I had 3 yrs on a contract with no promise of another and I could have the lot in one go.

robocop-id-buy-that-for-a-dollar.gif

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'll help you out

image.png.f0c6fc86248e668d2e6a37c0929e9a54.png

Shots and goals as per Whoscored

That's really interesting as I always thought Ince would have a good goal to shots ratio but I suppose it demonstrates he shot a lot! 

Are penalties included in this?

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

The screen has been a bit dodgy for a while, with some bits not working.

I've no idea whether not showing key incidents s is anything to do with, tbh. They show goal replays but maybe aren't allowed to do other than that. They've never shown anything controversial, like free kick/penalty awards.

Not long until we find out!

I'm sure they did previously show the whole match, with replays of any big chances (not just the goals). It was nice just to be able to look up at the screen when things got a bit chaotic and blurred down the other end tbh.

As you correctly say though - no replays of anything controversial.

I used to think that the reason scoreboards stopped at 90 mins was to do with a similar rule (or part of the same rule), but that doesn't seem to be the case as those now go beyond the time.

Edited by Kokosnuss

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Not long until we find out!

I'm sure they did previously show the whole match, with replays of any big chances (not just the goals) 

As you correctly say though - no replays of anything controversial.

I used to think that the reason scoreboards stopped at 90 mins was to do with a similar rule, but that doesn't seem to be the case as those now go beyond the time.

We got in trouble at one stage for showing a replay of a dodgy penalty decision (prompting the players to crowd the ref when it was obviously a wrong call). So I assume the reason we stopped showing the live feed was related to that.

They now stop at the allotted additional time, rather than 90 (so if the ref calls for +6 minutes, they stop at 96).  So I suspect it is still a similar rule, just enforced slightly differently.

Just now, angieram said:

That's really interesting as I always thought Ince would have a good goal to shots ratio but I suppose it demonstrates he shot a lot! 

Are penalties included in this?

They are. Ince scored 2 out of the 4 penalties he took. He also scored 3 goals from 61 freekicks taken.

6 yards: 2 from 6 shots (3 shots per goal)
Rest of penalty area (excluding penalties): 28 goals from 147 shots (5.3 shots per goal)
Outside area (excluding freekicks): 2 from 107 shots (53.5 shots per goal)

The same stats for Lawrence...
Penalties: 4 goals from 4 shots
Freekicks: 5 goals from 99 shots
6 yards: 4 goals from 9 shots (2.3 shots per goal)
Rest of penalty area (excluding penalties): 14 goals from 125 shots (8.9 shots per goal)
Outside area (excluding freekicks): 9 goals from 164 shots (18.2 shots per goal)