Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

As of c. 4pm this afternoon...

On the main PP through road.  Busy between London Rd to The Merlin.  Appeared Chocker from Merlin to City.  I turned off at that stage, headed for Costco)...

No exit from PP/Wyvern onto Derby-bound A52 by Tim Horton's/M&S
A52 Derby-Bound was all taken off onto PP at that same junction, so no continuation from Spondon to Pentagon.
I didn't go around Pentagon, so assume closed in both directions between Pentagon and PP turn off?  🤷‍♂️

A52 could be accessed for Spondon/Raynesway/Nott'm-bound from the far end of PP/Wyvern (Past Sainsburys).

Costco rear gates were open, but the old cattle market road (parallel to A52) appeared impassable to cars (May be ok in an artic! LOL)...

View from Costco rear gates looking towards Pentagon... c. 4pm today (Monday)...

IMG_2920-Copy.thumb.jpg.c10cfd15b9c489326536fd26b82c1689.jpg

At this point, I turned around (Back through Costco), headed out towards Asda, and through Chad towards Fire Station... VERY busy in both directions!  

No other pics, as I was driving!  😁

Edited by Mucker1884

Go figure?

"I'm looking forward to the game because I want the lads to be the best version of themselves and hopefully give the fans something they can get right behind because it's a two-way street.

We need a good performance and we need to start the game well. Exeter outplayed Wigan on Saturday and had something like 30 attempts at goal, but the scoreline will say different as they lost 2-0. There's a lot more to the game than just the scoreline."

51 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

As of c. 4pm this afternoon...

On the main PP through road.  Busy between London Rd to The Merlin.  Appeared Chocker from Merlin to City.  I turned off at that stage, headed for Costco)...

No exit from PP/Wyvern onto Derby-bound A52 by Tim Horton's/M&S
A52 Derby-Bound was all taken off onto PP at that same junction, so no continuation from Spondon to Pentagon.
I didn't go around Pentagon, so assume closed in both directions between Pentagon and PP turn off?  🤷‍♂️

A52 could be accessed for Spondon/Raynesway/Nott'm-bound from the far end of PP/Wyvern (Past Sainsburys).

Costco rear gates were open, but the old cattle market road (parallel to A52) appeared impassable to cars (May be ok in an artic! LOL)...

View from Costco rear gates looking towards Pentagon... c. 4pm today (Monday)...

IMG_2920-Copy.thumb.jpg.c10cfd15b9c489326536fd26b82c1689.jpg

At this point, I turned around (Back through Costco), headed out towards Asda, and through Chad towards Fire Station... VERY busy in both directions!  

No other pics, as I was driving!  😁

Did you realise you have a Bath mat stuck to your front bumper ?

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Game still on, sensible approach to travel suggested for anyone who is going. 

Anyone able to confirm if Swarkestone bridge is open please? My usual match day route in from S.Derbys, be good to know.

They will come to frustrate & nick a goal on the counter.

Hopefully the aftermath of Saturday results in the players coming out on fire & we get an early goal or 2.

No idea on lineup as Warne said a few have niggles but I personally would go with - 

Wildsmith - Nyambe Nelson Cashin Wilson - Fornah Bird - NML Waghorn Barkhuizen - Washington

Vickers Bradley Ward Smith Hourihane Sibley Collins

A mobile front 4 with abit of pace to press from the front & really get in amongst it, then you have energy in centre mid from Bird & Fornah. Wilson at left back would give us more of an attacking outlet than Fozzy.

13 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Love night games under the lights and am hoping the atmosphere is decent although have a feeling the attendance will be low. Let’s hope the performance is better than the same fixture last season which from memory was a dull 0 0 again at night. 

It might well be lower due not only to the poor performances recently but also because of the flooding. I should be able to get there without too many problems but I’m not sure about parking.

Lets hope the Rams serve up a treat for those of us who decide to, and are able to, make it but my expectations are low. 🙁

I can actually see us lose this one. They have lost 5 (?) in a row in the league and can climb above us in the table with a win. Also they created loads against Wigan and scored none so may very well create enough to score 0 and somehow score 3 against us. We seem fragile atm. Hope this can be our turning point for this season anyway. 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's the problem though... if indeed the forum has a problem.

The Warne-Out Brigade will dismiss even a 4-0 win, due to it being a "dead cert" for 3 points.

Roll on a 6 game winning streak, so it becomes a joy to pop in here again!  

🐏

Last season we had some big home wins. The 4-2 vs Bristol City, 4-0s against FGR & Accrington, even a 5-0 against Morecambe. We played some very nice football to boot. 

The Warne Doubters (as the Warne-Out Brigade were then called) didn't DISMISS the results or the performances, they didn't not enjoy them, watch the highlights multiple times admiring the good play and clinical finishing, they just acknowledged them for what they were - thrashings of teams Derby should have every expectation to beat at home if they are a serious contender for the playoffs, as was the aim of the club at that time.

That acknowledgement sometimes came in the face of certain posters weaponising those results (or more accurately the broader unbeaten run which included those results) against the people who'd expressed doubt, anger or whatever else about Warne when he was appointed.

To this day it feels like anyone taking a wider view of results like that, those who didn't get carried away with them is still seen as some sort of joyless pariah. The reality is that those results didn't end up counting for very much at the end of the season.

That aim has been raised up a level this season. At the very least looking secure a play-off place at the earliest opportunity, possibly pushing for an automatic spot.

The only way Warne even begins to be a success as the manager or Head Coach of Derby County is if he secures us a promotion. Given that, a good result and performance tomorrow should be expected, albeit not taken for granted.

That's the cold reality of the situation, even if some seem to want to live in the land of Makebelieve and act like we're a perennial mid-table League One club with a team, playing budget, manager and fan expectations to match, and to dictate what reaction to the game (and future games) is and isn't acceptable.

Now this, this IS a joyless post(!), but don't let that fool you into thinking I wouldn't be delighted with 3 points and a big win tomorrow. (There are two or three posters actively wanting us to lose which is not on IMO) - just don't expect me or anyone else with a long-term view on Warne to be doing cartwheels if we've produce a result that we should be more than capable of and expected to achieve.

Edited by Kokosnuss

33 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Anyone able to confirm if Swarkestone bridge is open please? My usual match day route in from S.Derbys, be good to know.

7.30 this evening 

A reminder of some of the roads in Derby and Derbyshire still affected by flooding

Derby is still cleaning up after the Storm Babet flooding - here's the latest list of road closures from the city council:

Eastgate is closed on both sides to Pentagon due to flooding – the council is in the process of clearing this.

Darwin Loop remains closed due to flooding. It is expected to remain closed for several days.

The A52 remains closed due to flooding. It is expected to remain closed for several days.

Derwent Street underpass remains closed due to flooding.

Phoenix Street underpass remains closed due to flooding.

Meadow Eoad around Darwin car park remains closed due to flooding.

Chequers Road is partly closed due to flooding.

Markeaton Lane remains closed due to a car blocking the road. There is still access to Markeaton Crematorium for pre-arranged services. The council team will contact you directly.

Key roads across the county are also still affected by flooding, according to traffic company Inrix - these include:

B5057 Darley Dale, between A6 Dale Road (Darley Dale) and Oker Road (Darley Bridge) - road closed

B5010 Station Road, both directions, from Main Road (Elvaston) to Central Avenue (Borrowash) - road blocked

The Road, Ingleby, both directions, from the John Thompson Inn (Ingleby) to the A514 (Swarkestone Bridge) - road closed

Sawley Road, Draycott, both directions, from the Church Wilne turn-off (Sawley) to A6005 Station Road (the Coach and Horses pub, Draycott)

A6 between Duffield and Milford.

Darley Bridge and Four Lanes End crossroads.

They were redirecting lots of traffic over it this morning re the radio.  So bridge itself is ok I'd assume.  Unless it crumbles being 900 years old and having a month of traffic shunted over it in a day.

Wildsmith

Nyambe    Nelson    Cashin    Forsyth

Fornah             Bird

Wilson             Sibley         Barkhuizen

Waghorn

Vickers, Bradley, Smith, Hourihane, NML, Collins, Brown

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

They will come to frustrate & nick a goal on the counter.

Hopefully the aftermath of Saturday results in the players coming out on fire & we get an early goal or 2.

No idea on lineup as Warne said a few have niggles but I personally would go with - 

Wildsmith - Nyambe Nelson Cashin Wilson - Fornah Bird - NML Waghorn Barkhuizen - Washington

Vickers Bradley Ward Smith Hourihane Sibley Collins

A mobile front 4 with abit of pace to press from the front & really get in amongst it, then you have energy in centre mid from Bird & Fornah. Wilson at left back would give us more of an attacking outlet than Fozzy.

I've looked at the strikers we have and can see a slight kink in your cunning plan😃