Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

51 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can honestly say I'm not at all arsed about who starts for us. The balance is miles off - Max Bird is the best example I have in that he has started 7 games for us this season and we've lost 4 of them. In the six games he missed, we won four of them. He's one of our better players, but we are a weaker side with him for how Warne wants to play. 

I don't think we would be any worse off if we picked the team via a raffle. 

As you say, it's about balance. In every game Bird started, Waghorn also started. However, Collins has started every game Bird has.

20 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Cheltenham hadn't scored a single goal all season and we couldn't beat them...

I just think we'll see a reaction to Saturday's game, go into it a bit more fired up than usual.

To be fair to Cheltenham they did go on to win their game on Saturday, after we kick-started their season, by beating Cambridge - and as we've seen that's no easy feat. (ahem)

34 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Two uninspiring interviews today, although I feel for Hourihane. Even with easy questions he didn't really have a convincing answer for how we're going to do better tomorrow. Hopefully it's because Warne is planning to bust some new moves tomorrow and Hourihane isn't allowed to say anything.

We're always unbelievable in training though, so that's good!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0gn9llt

Here’s the pre match bbc podcast with Warne. My summary of it is….
It’s an interesting listen but doesn’t really tell us anything that hasn’t already been said about finances despite Dom’s tweet. Words to the effect of “didn’t really have a pot for fees, but could have used some of the budget on fees but not enough to improve the squad so used it for frees” 

There were some good questions from Dom, did ask about the post match scenes on Sat; Warne said it’s not ideal but understands it. Said something about it being “best not to engage” which I take as being why he didn’t come over himself. Said emotions ran high in the dressing room after but isn’t being lingered on and players want to put it right tomorrow.

Dom said the comments about needing more aggression/physicality/finishing have been said for a while now but nothings changed, Warne said something about a bum cheek then how he gets things need to improve and when pressed later on as to how that happens he spoke more about work on the training ground etc. 

Dom said something about 3 of the 11 on Sat being Warne signings, Warne asked clarity if Dom’s meaning was signings haven’t been good enough which Dom replied saying he meant it’s still not fully “Warne’s team”. Warne said it is his team, thinks we recruited well and is definitely good enough for top 6 but needs to improve and soon.

I might have forgotten bits or portrayed them subjectively so best to give it a listen yourselves if you feel so inclined. 

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I can honestly say I'm not at all arsed about who starts for us. The balance is miles off - Max Bird is the best example I have in that he has started 7 games for us this season and we've lost 4 of them. In the six games he missed, we won four of them. He's one of our better players, but we are a weaker side with him for how Warne wants to play. 

I don't think we would be any worse off if we picked the team via a raffle. 

From what I saw v Shrewsbury Fozzy and Birdy got run ragged down our left with the home team playing neat triangles and getting crosses in . That can’t carry on .

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

From what I saw v Shrewsbury Fozzy and Birdy got run ragged down our left with the home team playing neat triangles and getting crosses in . That can’t carry on .

Well we knew from last season that Fozzy made a very fine centre back but was absolutely shot as a fullback. I imagine Warne's forgotten, No idea where he was playing Birdy, somewhere to make him relatively ineffective I imagine.

5 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I wonder how low the attendance will be. 

-1 for a start!

Technically, I could make it, but I'm up at 3am Wednesday heading for an early Eurotunnel, 6 hours driving, and a 36kg tent to put up in the bamford rain (As the forecast currently predicts!)

IF we were doing ok, I'd have still made the effort, and put up with minimal sleep.  Be that results/league position/recent form/attractive/entertaining football etc.

As we're a little short on all points just lately, I'll not be bothering.  There's simply not enough on offer to tempt me tomorrow night, all things considered.

As it stands, I'm nowhere near the point I was at under Young Nigel's reign towards the end, so I'm currently still planning on turning up on cold winter nights to come... 

"Currently", I said!  😉

Here's to me missing an absolute cracker, and regretting such a stupid half-fan decision!  🐏