Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

Can anyone even be arsed?

A bit more info:

We all know of Derby’s recent struggles (especially at home) but Exeter are flagging themselves after an impressive start. Bottom of the form table with 5 defeats in a row, if there’s a manager under more pressure than Paul Warne in this league I’d imagine it’s Gary Caldwell. 

A thumping win for the Rams to kickstart our season and get our home form back on track?

Probably not. 

Edited by Idiakez
More info

Paul Warne spoke to BBC Radio Derby after the 0-0 draw with Exeter:

"I thought we played well. We've had a good couple of days on the grass. If Collo sticks one in on 90+5 we all go home delighted."

There, I've saved you 95 mins. 

Edited by KnowledgeisPorridge

9 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

Wildsmith

Elder

Cashin

Nelson

Nyambe

Houriane

Fornah

NML

Bird

Barkhauzien

Collins

I think we need to start with 4-2-3-1 and on the front foot

Bit mean on Forsyth unless Elder shows a side to his game we haven’t seen yet.

Can’t see what Collins brings other than running around like a Labrador after lockdown.

I’d have Waghorn ahead of him.

I like Wilson. He gets a lot wrong but he can beat a player and create chances. I’d have him over Hourihane.

Edited by Anag Ram
Typo

Exeter fans not too hopeful on:-
https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/derby-v-city-prediction-discussion-thread.64665/

“Good game for us given if there is one team in equally as big a hole as us it's Derby. Warne is under huge pressure (anyone see their fans calling him out after the Shrewsbury game?). We should take a leaf out of those teams who sit behind the ball and then just counter and try and nick one. Of course when you have a defence as prone to gaffes as ours that's easier said than done”...

“So a City win could be bad news for our former manager. If Warne is sacked by Derby, Rotherham may be tempted to sack their own manager knowing their ex is available”

Hadnt considered Rotherham coming in for Warne🤐

Edited by hintonsboots

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Exeter fans not too hopeful on:-
https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/derby-v-city-prediction-discussion-thread.64665/

“Good game for us given if there is one team in equally as big a hole as us it's Derby. Warne is under huge pressure (anyone see their fans calling him out after the Shrewsbury game?). We should take a leaf out of those teams who sit behind the ball and then just counter and try and nick one. Of course when you have a defence as prone to gaffes as ours that's easier said than done”...

“So a City win could be bad news for our former manager. If Warne is sacked by Derby, Rotherham may be tempted to sack their own manager knowing their ex is available”

Hadnt considered Rotherham coming in for Warne🤐

3 million comp and they can have him. I think 1m per year of his contract is fair.

I can honestly say I'm not at all arsed about who starts for us. The balance is miles off - Max Bird is the best example I have in that he has started 7 games for us this season and we've lost 4 of them. In the six games he missed, we won four of them. He's one of our better players, but we are a weaker side with him for how Warne wants to play. 

I don't think we would be any worse off if we picked the team via a raffle. 

51 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Genuinely have no concerns about our ability to win this match and win it fairly easily.

In these 5 league games they've lost on the bounce they've scored 1 and conceded 12

Exactly this. If we can't beat Exeter in their current form, then we are in BIG trouble. 

Shrewsbury supporters saying that was easily their best performance of the season - and their goalkeeper was still their MOTM. 

If we take an early chance tomorrow we could be on for the sort of morale- boosting win that  the players, the manager and the crowd needs. 

🤞