Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Just grates that people start acting like everything is fine and dandy and people are deluded to even ever had the garlic to criticise Warne after a win when there's still massive room for improvement, this is league 1 and top 6 is the minimum expectation. I'm just keeping my eyes focused on the bigger picture. It's ridiculous that people have to polarise things we have massive work to do to get to the levels we need still.

If it helps, we’ve got a game in hand on the teams occupying 4th, 5th and 6th place. IF we can win that game in hand we’ll be 4th, meeting that expectation of top 6.

You’re right there are still improvements to make, not sure there’s “massive work” as you term it, more fine tuning and establishing some consistency. Can’t you see any shoots of improvement and reasons for optimism from tonight? Or the good away form in general?
Players returning from injury providing depth and competition, 3 goals scored away from home, a win at a team previously unbeaten at home this season, a win against a team that embarrassed us in the cup a few weeks back, a solid looking defence over the last few games, we are on a mini unbeaten run too. It’s not all bleak. 

4 wins from 5 away from home is outstanding for balance , but feel like in our next home game vs Exeter I think it is we need a change of approach and mentality to ensure we are as effective going forward when we have to build from deep and don't have space in behind.  Found it worrying Warne thought Saturday was a good performance and Radio Derby agreed, when we play at home our midfield need to take more responsibility and risk and we need to put less balls from deep into the box not more and play more savy going forwards. 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm starting to think Paul Warne is trying his hardest to ruin Derby County, maybe he is a man with a grudge.

That lineup is horrific, to drop Waghorn and Barkhuizen is laughable.

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Poor line up, so negative.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

What in the high land of f**** is that lineup?

Can we do pre game manager sackings? 

3 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

He outdoes himself again. 3 at the back with 3 holding midfielders. Post match summary of no shots on target incoming 

Nothing like an open mind is there....

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If it helps, we’ve got a game in hand on the teams occupying 4th, 5th and 6th place. IF we can win that game in hand we’ll be 4th, meeting that expectation of top 6.

You’re right there are still improvements to make, not sure there’s “massive work” as you term it, more fine tuning and establishing some consistency. Can’t you see any shoots of improvement and reasons for optimism from tonight? Or the good away form in general?
Players returning from injury providing depth and competition, 3 goals scored away from home, a win at a team previously unbeaten at home this season, a win against a team that embarrassed us in the cup a few weeks back, a solid looking defence over the last few games, we are on a mini unbeaten run too. It’s not all bleak. 

I'm not pessimistic about our chances I'm more neutral, just frustrated that winning very well tonight leads to stupid  comments from fans saying any criticism of Warne has been unjustified seen us play 5 home games and not win once this season and have seen us play some very very poor football as well. Away from home is the easy job for Warne because our players have the quality to just be too good on the break in this league, he will earn his stripes turning our home form better without Mcgoldrick who alongside Mendez Laing was absolutely crucial for us at home last season and we would have been about 13th without them.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Overall a good performance from the majority in a Derby shirt. Standouts were Cashin, nyambe, bird, fornah, smith and Collins. Took a while to settle but then it settled to frantic style of football from both teams. Wilson should have scored 2 and them near misses usually cost us the game. The addition of fornah as improved midfield immensely with bird coming back in to add more mobility tonight and  looked good. Nyambe can defend so far and is ok going forward. Small victories and small steps. Get home from sorted and we can challenge this year. Well done Derby. 

18 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Just grates that people start acting like everything is fine and dandy and people are deluded to even ever had the gaul to criticise Warne after a win when there's still massive room for improvement, this is league 1 and top 6 is the minimum expectation. I'm just keeping my eyes focused on the bigger picture. It's ridiculous that people have to polarise things we have massive work to do to get to the levels we need still.

If this is your mindset after an away win, scoring 3 goals and being a point off the playoffs with a game in hand I dread to think what your state of mind would have been if we'd lost........

31 minutes ago, Tombo said:

He's just said on the radio two absolutely astounding things.

"We only have two or three players at the club with electric pace [...] who can play counter attacking football"

"If we played like that at Pride Park we'd get booed off at half time"

Why does he have to ruin every good moment he manages to create?

The players get clapped off the pitch at full time every single game at Pride Park. Half time, there would not have been booing if we had played that first half where we kept it tight and then created some good chances.

Why does he treat the fans of this club with such utter disdain and contempt every time he speaks?

He doesn’t…….just some people choose to look for it, and only quote the negative stuff instead of looking for all the positive stuff that he says also and more often.

Very pleasing result, good performance, and it was good to see Korey Smith have such a good game!

I saw complaints about the line-up being negative but Blackpool are a good side, so it was a pragmatic approach. We looked solid on the back and had some snap throughout to get the ball back. And Warne got the subs right.

Now for Cheltenham: Warne's have got to approach it differently and we've got to come flying out the traps, no sitting back. A mate of mine was at Cheltenham's defeat earlier and he said they were a total shambles. We've got to batter them from minute one. I wonder how we'll do with more possession?

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

To be fair you’d have to have been Nostradamus to predict Smith’s performance tonight and even more importantly him scoring.

It's even harder to predict when your mind is already closed to the outcome before the game even starts 

4 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

I'm not pessimistic about our chances I'm more neutral, just frustrated that winning very well tonight leads to stupid  comments from fans saying any criticism of Warne has been unjustified seen us play 5 home games and not win once this season and have seen us play some very very poor football as well. Away from home is the easy job for Warne because our players have the quality to just be top good on the break in this league, he will earn his stripes turning our home form better without Mcgoldrick who alongside Mendez Laing was absolutely crucial for us at home last season and we would have been about 13th without them.

Think people are just enjoying the win, not sure why that would frustrate you.

Do you not think on the flip side it's frustrating to see the team being written off pre match without a ball being kicked?

Many I'm sure would admit everything isn't sunshine and roses, nor is it the disaster some make it out to be.

7 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

I'm not pessimistic about our chances I'm more neutral, just frustrated that winning very well tonight leads to stupid  comments from fans saying any criticism of Warne has been unjustified seen us play 5 home games and not win once this season and have seen us play some very very poor football as well. Away from home is the easy job for Warne because our players have the quality to just be too good on the break in this league, he will earn his stripes turning our home form better without Mcgoldrick who alongside Mendez Laing was absolutely crucial for us at home last season and we would have been about 13th without them.

To be fair it’s probably not aimed at those who have fair criticism of warne it’s for those who are way over the top ,, they know who they are or possibly not 😂😂😂😂