Ed Dawes

DarkFruitsRam7

6 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

Thank you. I still think commentary is the thing I’m not as strong at, FWIW. 

Currently on my honeymoon. Back for Blackpool next Tuesday, but then missing the Saturday for my little brother’s wedding.

Here til the bitter end after that!

I don’t think it will be a bitter end when we get promoted lol .

Have a good honeymoon and hope the weather is nice .

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Just record him saying it and press the button on the rare occasion Warne picks him.

Well he’s just back from injury so watch this space 
PS He won’t be kicking the door down as suggested on RD last night 

Edited by Curtains
Added

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well he’s just back from injury so watch this space 
PS He won’t be kicking the door down as suggested on RD last night 

I was of course referring to Warne dropping him last Jan when he was in great form. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

I was of course referring to Warne dropping him last Jan when he was in great form. 

Well you didn’t say that but I’ll address it .

NML was playing really well and as I’ve said you can only play 11 from the off and then utilize the bench .

Barks wasn’t always brilliant last season and fans groaned at PP when he messed up  .

Warne got it wrong he admits towards the end of last season but I don’t necessarily blame him  as we had fatigue issues and I know you will say it’s because he wants high press football and is demanding etc etc .

I think a review is fair at the end of the season but until than I’m fully behind Warne the coaches and the team are you ! 

If Ed Dawes is having issues then i wish him well and soon be back to good health.

After a couple of seasons listening to radio commentary from Ed Dawes found him so childish and totally biased, i am a ref that was a foul, then listening to the ex player informing him that it was not a foul or penalty.

Have not listened to a game this season, decided i could not take anymore of his commentary, all the best Ed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Has anything been said officially by RD or Ed as to how long he’s going to away from commentary for? Has he left totally or just taking time out?

Hopes he's well. 
No disrespect to Dom, but I miss him 

Strange isn't it - I'm quite happy listening to Dom (who has been execellent since he stepped in), but can't take more than 5 minutes of Dawes before I have to turn the radio off.....I guess it shows how we all have different expectations/requirements from a commentator....

13 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Has anything been said officially by RD or Ed as to how long he’s going to away from commentary for? Has he left totally or just taking time out?

Hopes he's well. 
No disrespect to Dom, but I miss him 

I had no problem with Dawes and would be happy for him to return.

But I do like Dom, he really does have the voice for radio and just like Ross Fletcher, won't be long before he is poached for bigger and better.