Elliot Embleton - signed on a season-long-loan - cancelled

Barney1991

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sunderland fans don't love him, but do recognise he has some technical ability. He did well in 21/22 at this level and at a decent age, albeit struggled with injuries more recently. He comes in alongside the likes of Rooney, Thompson, Sibley, Wilson, Fornah and John-Jules who are younger players looking to establish themselves. 

A wait and see on this one for me. 

Have we signed any player in the last couple of months who hasn’t had ‘ injuries recently’ !!?🤷😳

32 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I think he would be coming in not as a guaranteed starter and someone we are relying upon but an option and someone who can do something different. That's no bad thing.

If this meant Hourihane, or Thompson, or Bird were out the door and this was the touted replacement I'd be concerned but as it is I am not.

Sunderland fans say he's better off the bench, that suits me just fine, there's competition in those midfield positions so he won't get a sniff if he plays and he's a passenger

I think he'll want games if he made over 20 appearances for Sunderland last season and he's dropping.  Mowbray indicates he's on the bench their and would be better fighting for a place.  No point coming here for the same.

45 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think he'll want games if he made over 20 appearances for Sunderland last season and he's dropping.  Mowbray indicates he's on the bench their and would be better fighting for a place.  No point coming here for the same.

Credit to Warne, he’s said he’s told every single player they’re not guaranteed starters (or so he says)