Tyrese Fornah - signed on a 2-year deal

Alan Ramage 4 EVA

According to Transfermarkt, he is Forest's 17th player to depart recently.
I wonder if Forest has enough players to field a team anymore?!

I was kidding you. There's been the same amount of incoming players to their already bloated squad. Bizarre recruiting.

5 hours ago, Srg said:

If you sign everyone on 4 year deals and it doesn't work out, you end up with huge squad of rubbish you can't shift.

I didnt say to sign everyone on a 4 year deal, I said we should have gave Fornah a 3 or 4 year deal.

I understand our history of contracts such as Ravanelli & even more recent players like Anya, Bent Butterfield etc....but all of them were on long deals on high wages as well as big fees. Fornah is a young lad and as i have already said will be on a relatively low wage so makes sense to do it on a 3 or 4 year deal. 

Next summer he is going into the season with 1 year left, we either then have to sell or try & renew his contract or let him go on a free. If we offer a new deal then it will be on higher wages than he is on now so surely 4 years on todays wage is better than 1 or 2 years on todays wage then an increase for another 3 or 4 years.

We want young players with resale value, Fornah would be worth more next summer with 2 or 3 years left on his deal than 1.

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I didnt say to sign everyone on a 4 year deal, I said we should have gave Fornah a 3 or 4 year deal.

I understand our history of contracts such as Ravanelli & even more recent players like Anya, Bent Butterfield etc....but all of them were on long deals on high wages as well as big fees. Fornah is a young lad and as i have already said will be on a relatively low wage so makes sense to do it on a 3 or 4 year deal. 

Next summer he is going into the season with 1 year left, we either then have to sell or try & renew his contract or let him go on a free. If we offer a new deal then it will be on higher wages than he is on now so surely 4 years on todays wage is better than 1 or 2 years on todays wage then an increase for another 3 or 4 years.

We want young players with resale value, Fornah would be worth more next summer with 2 or 3 years left on his deal than 1.

Don’t forget there’s two parties involved in negotiating and deciding a contract, the player has some say in the length of the deal, could be that Fornah asked for 2 years 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Lots of d******* forest fans (including prominent members of the red dog podcast community and Djed Spence) have talked s**** about this deal, why are we helping them etc etc, but most sensible Forest fans (ones who are actually football fans and not completely blinded by petty rivalry) think he’s a player and we’ve got a cracking deal, and it’s a good move for the player. If Jon moss hadn’t f***** up then he’d have become an integral part of their squad in the championship. Think this guy can really help elevate us to the next level.

20 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Lots of d******* forest fans (including prominent members of the red dog podcast community and Djed Spence) have talked s**** about this deal, why are we helping them etc etc, but most sensible Forest fans (ones who are actually football fans and not completely blinded by petty rivalry) think he’s a player and we’ve got a cracking deal, and it’s a good move for the player. If Jon moss hadn’t f***** up then he’d have become an integral part of their squad in the championship. Think this guy can really help elevate us to the next level.

This would be the one who choose to help himself rather than them, by taking more money to pick splinters out his arse on Spurs bench

6 minutes ago, cstand said:

Very impressed with his positive interview,  should bring much needed energy to the midfield, very happy with the signing.

Peterborough today is a big game.

I’d love to think he’s fit enough, and PW is brave enough, to see him start today.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Peterborough today is a big game.

I’d love to think he’s fit enough, and PW is brave enough, to see him start today.

Yep, we need his mobility today. It's not as if we will disrupt a well drilled settled unit. Get in him from the start, could give us a lift. Nothing to lose by doing that. Rest Smith, reward Thommo. Smith back on if either tire. 

46 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Yep, we need his mobility today. It's not as if we will disrupt a well drilled settled unit. Get in him from the start, could give us a lift. Nothing to lose by doing that. Rest Smith, reward Thommo. Smith back on if either tire. 

Yes I hope he's involved today