Tyrese Fornah - signed on a 2-year deal

Alan Ramage 4 EVA

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Don't suppose we're getting Tyrese Campell from Stoke too?

Definitely looks like an attempt to stockpile all the Tyre(e)s/ces we can, then control the market and drive the prices up.

Also I desperately want to hear "Tyreece's set pieces" in commentary.

We have got a new sponsor

peanut butter vintage GIF

2 minutes ago, sage said:

We have got a new sponsor

peanut butter vintage GIF

Movie geek trivia - Steven Spielberg wanted to use M&Ms in ET for the scene where Elliott tempts him into the house, but Mars blocked him. In stepped Hershey's who not only let them use Reece's Pieces in their place, but also paid the company $1m to advertise their chocolates using ET in their marketing.

So has PW been watching ET and subsequently used Reece's Pieces to entice Tyreeces into our training ground?

9 hours ago, Rample said:

Don't suppose we're getting Tyrese Campell from Stoke too?

Definitely looks like an attempt to stockpile all the Tyre(e)s/ces we can, then control the market and drive the prices up.

Also I desperately want to hear "Tyreece's set pieces" in commentary.

Let’s hope they are a quick fit into the team

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Presummably we don't have to announce the players before Saturday and as long as the paperwork has been done, they can go into the squad and surprise Peterborough? Surely that's much better tactically than telling fans but also the opposition that these deals have been done? Use every advantage you have.

I agree, having never understood why we broadcast team news even as much as a day before the match. What's the harm in letting your opponent think your player who limped off injured should still be fit for Saturday (or conversely announcing that he won't make it but then he does)? All's fair in love, war and football. 

4 minutes ago, jameso said:

I agree, having never understood why we broadcast team news even as much as a day before the match. What's the harm in letting your opponent think your player who limped off injured should still be fit for Saturday (or conversely announcing that he won't make it but then he does)? All's fair in love, war and football. 

Don't disagree, but the slight advantage that gives is probably negligible in the age of social media/X/phone/insta as most of that information gets out regardless through mates, girlfriends, team mates and is offset by basically being confident and saying 'this is our team and we believe they are better than you'. Also in the age of two dozen subs and big squads it's not like those teams are set in stone anyway, can be multiple changes to formations and personnel every week /game regardless!

Exactly what we need in my view. Hourihane and Smith are not controlling the midfield defensively and having this lad come in is a great signing. Looks very athletic from what I've seen. Doesn't have to be the best technical footballer because we've got plenty of them in midfield. Something different the majority of supporters have been crying out for.

Edited by SSD

9A3C65C4-E078-4888-8804-2094AEC63F44.jpeg

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/08/derby-add-fornah-to-midfield-options

Said in his interview this has been rumbling on for a couple of weeks, Owen also said “it’s been a long afternoon” which backs up what our oracles said about this being done earlier in the week. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram