Tyrese Fornah - signed on a 2-year deal

Alan Ramage 4 EVA

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't want 4 year deals, that's how you get in a mess.

2 years with potentially a year's option makes perfect sense.

I dont think a 4 year deal for a 23 year old who has joined for free & likely to be a relatively low wage (due to restrictions) is how you get into a mess.

Chances are if he does well, we end up offering him a new contract on a higher wage anyway

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I dont think a 4 year deal for a 23 year old who has joined for free & likely to be a relatively low wage (due to restrictions) is how you get into a mess.

Chances are if he does well, we end up offering him a new contract on a higher wage anyway

If you sign everyone on 4 year deals and it doesn't work out, you end up with huge squad of rubbish you can't shift.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

9A3C65C4-E078-4888-8804-2094AEC63F44.jpeg

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/08/derby-add-fornah-to-midfield-options

Said in his interview this has been rumbling on for a couple of weeks, Owen also said “it’s been a long afternoon” which backs up what our oracles said about this being done earlier in the week. 

I thought he had a massive left ear for a second

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With respect to him, for a 23 y/o, he's relatively unproven so two years with an option is definitely the way to go for me

Happy with this.  On paper this looks to be a good signing.  Obviously we've had these "on paper" ones before but hopefully he'll give us that extra drive from the midfield we've been lacking.  Good age too - experienced for this level and should hopefully have the legs too unlike one or two of our somewhat more mature players who are a bit slower and fade in the last 20.  Looking forward to seeing him in action - suggest we probably need to give him a few games to settle before we judge. 

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Presummably we don't have to announce the players before Saturday and as long as the paperwork has been done, they can go into the squad and surprise Peterborough? Surely that's much better tactically than telling fans but also the opposition that these deals have been done? Use every advantage you have.

IMG_3908.jpeg

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Don't want 4 year deals, that's how you get in a mess.

2 years with potentially a year's option makes perfect sense.

4 year deals are how you build teams and plan long term. I know it’s a Novel concept based on our business in recent years

if he performs well this season he has a year left on his deal and we have to sell or lose for nothing, it’s not long enough

Just now, alram said:

4 year deals are how you build teams and plan long term. I know it’s a Novel concept based on our business in recent years

if he performs well this season he has a year left on his deal and we have to sell or lose for nothing, it’s not long enough

Nonsense, 4 year contracts is a large part of the reason we ended up where we are.

10 minutes ago, alram said:

So you know for certain there's no one year option in the deal then?

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Nonsense, 4 year contracts is a large part of the reason we ended up where we are.

4 year deals on lads in their prime/past their prime on big salaries on top of big transfer fees Is how we ended up where we did. 

Signing a promising young lad for free on a longer contract isn’t the same as that. 

I’m hoping they’re being cute and that Forests sell on clause only lasts for as long as the contract he signed so after 2 years they’ll try and renew and any resale value will purely be ours.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Weird one for the Forest connection, they have a vested interest in him doing well for us to get a profit on him in the future 

Somehow i dont think with their new found wealth theyll really give a monkeys 

be a drop in the ocean for them atm 

31 minutes ago, alram said:

Have u been living under a rock for the last 5-6 years ??

Lucrative over the top 4 year deal are the reason we nearly didnt have a club 

Edited by NottsRam77

Effectively. any young player will only sign a 2 yr deal for fear of being trapped playing Accrington till they're 25.  Worst case scenario they do badly enough to get another mid table League 1 move.  Other side of the coin it's a better contract if you excel and renew in a year or a move with 12 months on a contract that a selling club will be willing to negotiate fee wise or they go on a free.