Is Warne living on borrowed time?

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

We were never close to top two last season. We had a season to bed in after off the pitch turmoil, we weren't well equipped enough to go up last season on or off the pitch as a club in recovery.

What do you want? Us to fire Warne? With what money? Who would replace him? With what money? And what would we do about the squad Warne has assembled? We. Don't. Have. The. Money.

So stop the childish tantrums, it's two games in. We're a club under a financial business plan with the EFL, we're two games into the season with a new squad, and we're still finding our feet. 

Sounds like me May. Have. To. Find. The. Money.

Sounds like he has lost the plot and/or dressing room to me.

Hey, don't listen to me, ask Max Bird, Derbys number 8, how he feels about Warne??

Not good tonight, really poor performance, but to talk about Warne going is ridiculous, he came out and said it was not good enough, now calling out players might be wrong, but our greatest manager ever Mr Brian Clough did it all through his career, so lets not all over react, in fact I think Warne cares about this club and thats why he reacted like he did, have any of us not called out a player, jesus we are so sensitive these days, in my day if my manager said i was s***, the next game I would think, I will prove you wrong, and go out there and show him he was wrong. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

The Brent joke you keep making isn't landing. Repeating it over more threads doesn't make it more funny. Change the record. 

Rather accurate though, not sure who you think you are, but if he wishes to repeat it, over more and more threads, he is more than welcome.

He has my permission to carry on playing the same record.

1 hour ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Hull were all beaten by lower league opposition tonight (the latter by Donny despite being managed by the idolised Liam Rosenior).

LITERALLY nobody idolised Rosenior, so that's b*******.

If anything the manager who was idolised last season was Warne, by those who at the time found it a refreshing change from Rosenior and who swore that we wouldn't be a soft touch under him, that his record of promotions from this league made him the ideal candidate for us. We just had to trust in him, he knew the division like the back of his hand (Rosenior just "didn't understand League One") and this would give us a competitive advantage over our rivals. 

Some of those posters now seem to have started speaking out against Warne and his mannerisms, some against his 'refreshing' tactics. There are also a few still clinging onto the "it's not his team, it's too early, he needs another transfer window (or three)" line and the "we shouldn't judge because we might not even have had a club", and one or two who seem to think having ANY discussion about his relative merits (or otherwise) is somehow off-limits and unfaithful to David Clowes.

Others quite oddly now seem to dismiss his level of influence

57 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Warne made a mistake tonight. He will have created divisions in the dressing room by those comments. On Saturday he was supposedly worried to whisper possible substitutions/player performances to Barker on the bench. Tonight on the radio he is calling out at least two of his players as part of his explanation as to why things aren’t gelling at the mo. Substituting both Hourihane and Bradley at half-time is unusual behaviour too. 

Worse than that, is the notion that it's actually just one player and he's not being brave enough to name him. Some say that's protecting said player's honour, but all it does is make the fans say "I wonder who else he's talking about?" thus creating distrust and ill-feeling toward multiple players, even if they've done no wrong.

As Riskee & The Ridicule 'sang'... "Oh my life it’s distraction, b******* distraction, b*******, b*******, distraction!"

Edited by Kokosnuss

16 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

LITERALLY nobody idolised Rosenior, so that's b*******.

If anything the manager who was idolised last season was Warne, by those who at the time found it a refreshing change from Rosenior and who swore that we wouldn't be a soft touch under him, that his record of promotions from this league made him the ideal candidate for us. We just had to trust in him, he knew the division like the back of his hand (Rosenior just "didn't understand League One") and this would give us a competitive advantage over our rivals. 

Some of those posters now seem to have started speaking out against Warne and his mannerisms, some against his 'refreshing' tactics. There are also a few still clinging onto the "it's not his team, it's too early, he needs another transfer window (or three)" line and the "we shouldn't judge because we might not even have had a club", and one or two who seem to think having ANY discussion about his relative merits (or otherwise) is somehow off-limits and unfaithful to David Clowes.

Others quite oddly now seem to dismiss his level of influence

Worse than that, is the notion that it's actually just one player and he's not being brave enough to name him. Some say that's protecting said player's honour, but all it does is make the fans say "I wonder who else he's talking about?" thus creating distrust and ill-feeling toward multiple players, even if they've done no wrong.

As Riskee & The Ridicule 'sang'... "Oh my life it’s distraction, b******* distraction, b*******, b*******, distraction!"

On the basis that the players concerned preformed well below expectations it can only have been one or more of Kane Wilson, Sonny Bradley and Callum Elder. But they've only just signed!😉

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rather accurate though, not sure who you think you are, but if he wishes to repeat it, over more and more threads, he is more than welcome.

He has my permission to carry on playing the same record.

Good call Finchy. I think Gareth should keep calling him Brenty too.

If you want rid of Paul Warne and his coaching team, the cost of terminating their contracts now is likely to breach the terms of the business plan agreed with the EFL, which would probably incur another points penalty upon the club. As Harry Enfield would say "If that's what you want, that's what you'll get."

Disappointing as the first two games have been, best to continue with the management in place for now. For me the game tonight was disappointing, particularly in the first half but the result was irrelevant in terms of our season; we lost to a team in our league, having made several changes, while several sides in the competition went out after being defeated by teams below them in the League. The Carabao Cup was a sideshow for us, confirmed by the fact that so many of our massive support didn't turn up to watch it.

Disappointingly, we gifted two goals to Wigan on Saturday and paid the price; it is worrying that we have now only won one of our last seven games at home in the League. But we need to judge going forward just our results in League games. We now have Burton away, followed by Oxford and Fleetwood at home and Peterborough and Bolton away. It's a tough task but we need to at least wait until then before pressing the panic button. Following administration and the rescue, this was never likely to be as easy as we hoped.

I still think the club is too big for him & his coaching staff. Its not arrogance. You cant play the type of Rotherham football at Derby in league one. It just screams armature.

Regardless if playing staff & style etc an experienced or half decent manager gets us out of this division.

I know we dont have the same playing staff as Wednesday last year & i know they went up in the end but they were held back by moore & thats thhe reason he was sacked after promotion.

3 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

If you want rid of Paul Warne and his coaching team, the cost of terminating their contracts now is likely to breach the terms of the business plan agreed with the EFL, which would probably incur another points penalty upon the club. As Harry Enfield would say "If that's what you want, that's what you'll get."

Disappointing as the first two games have been, best to continue with the management in place for now. For me the game tonight was disappointing, particularly in the first half but the result was irrelevant in terms of our season; we lost to a team in our league, having made several changes, while several sides in the competition went out after being defeated by teams below them in the League. The Carabao Cup was a sideshow for us, confirmed by the fact that so many of our massive support didn't turn up to watch it.

Disappointingly, we gifted two goals to Wigan on Saturday and paid the price; it is worrying that we have now only won one of our last seven games at home in the League. But we need to judge going forward just our results in League games. We now have Burton away, followed by Oxford and Fleetwood at home and Peterborough and Bolton away. It's a tough task but we need to at least wait until then before pressing the panic button. Following administration and the rescue, this was never likely to be as easy as we hoped.

Seem to think when we appointed Warne it came out that the manager pot doesn’t come under the business plan. 

However, it would be a nasty kick in the teeth for Clowes if he did have to get rid. The only positive is that Moore is out of work and on paper an obvious replacement.

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

I still think the club is too big for him & his coaching staff. Its not arrogance. You cant play the type of Rotherham football at Derby in league one. It just screams armature.

Regardless if playing staff & style etc an experienced or half decent manager gets us out of this division.

I know we dont have the same playing staff as Wednesday last year & i know they went up in the end but they were held back by moore & thats thhe reason he was sacked after promotion.

We can play the type of football that got Rotherham promoted, as long as we have the players to do it

Edited by WystonRam

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Here he is again look 😆

Only this time, it appears many are starting to move towards my way of thinking.

Why don't you try and post something even close to being constructive. 3, 2, 1...go!

You can't do it can you? Easy for you to snipe, not so easy being constructive.

As I said previously (and received a warning for)...your a bully, you big bully.

There’s definite irony in calling someone else out to be constructive when you started several threads yesterday of a similar sentiment and only this one survived. There’s also an odd gloating tone to this post as if you’re revelling in the current situation. 

Currently any constructive posts are being dismissed by many. If I post that Warne has experience of getting out of this league and should be given time, people will counter that. If I say the players need time to gel and get used to the formation, people will say otherwise. If I say the window is still open and we are still actively recruiting, people will say we should have done all our business by now. If I point out that we needed to recruit fullbacks/wingbacks and centre backs having none on the books last season and only Cashin/Forsyth left in the summer AS WELL as replacing Knight and McGoldrick people will only point to Knight and McGoldrick. If I point out we now have 3 senior strikers on the books when last season it was only two, people will criticise their age and that they’re not David McGoldrick that handsome, skilful magician.

There are obvious and valid concerns with how we’ve started the season. Warne and his staff need to earn their bread and quick. Let’s not pretend all posters are receptive to that prospect as some very plainly don’t want Warne as manager and are quite keen to see the wheels come off. Others are still willing to give it time, and some sit in the middle unsure 🫤. I think you’ve made it clear on your own particular stance so what’s the point of asking for any consideration or constructive discussion?

Performance is obviously the biggest concern over results.

I don't expect a Paul Warne side to play free flowing, passing football (even if I think this will be our undoing as teams will just let us have the ball).

I do expect a Warne team to be able to counter at speed, we are yet to show this.

I do expect a Warne team to be organised defensively, but we have chasms in defence with players not challenging for headers.

I do expect a Warne team to be able to press, but from what I've seen so far a Warne press is just chasing the ball. Teams, even at league 1 level, are trained to play through the press. You have to be smarter and set traps for teams, we are reactively pressing the ball.

I'm confused by what this team is supposed to be good at? Especially going forward where at times during the first half we had 5 players stood in a line up front, with no passes available in midfield.

Second goal is a direct result of this suicide press style, Hourihane presses the back line for some reason, Cashin steps out into midfield to press and leaves a chasm between Elder and Bradley. Elder coming back across his goal has only one direction to put the ball.

Second half was an improvement, but I think mainly due to Blackpool feeling comfortable sitting in and watching us do nothing with the ball, much like Wigan. The team does not have a plan for breaking down teams, it's just get it out wide and cross it in.

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Paul Warne is going in the same direction as Paul Cook at Ipswich.

Everyone thought they were nailed on for promotion when Cook went there but it turns out the club was just too big for him.

That is a good comparison. I always liked Cook and thought he would have been a good choice for us at one point but it just didn’t work for him there. 

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd say so, what are other peoples thoughts?

Positive thoughts welcome.

Oh my god,,,,,Really? How many times do reactionary fans go on a rant every time we lose a game.

Isn't it the constant changing of management that is partly to blame for the situation we ended up in?

He is building HIS team, never going to click immediately for gods sake give him time