Is Warne living on borrowed time?

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Piss poor from Warne. 

I've been hung out to dry by managers at work previously and it ends up with  you looking to move and stick 2 fingers up at them.

If I were Clowes I would be having words.

Don't forget that we are a big club in a small pool. Warne hasn't had to deal with tough times before (at a big club). Rotherham were always tin pot.

Its called taking responsibility 

hes the first one to blow smoke up their arses and lavish praise on them publicy and he then reserves the right to bring them down a peg or two

i played for a former forest youth team coach back in the day. 
he was one of brian cloughs right hand men… end of every game he would sit us in the dressing room and go round the room. He would critique us all infront of our team mates.

if u got a bollocking u got a bollocking .. hed make u feel like a mouse infront of all ur mates but if u got praised hed make u feel like a god amongst men

to this day 30 years on .. i would run through brick f****** walls for him every day of the week

its about character and what u choose to be 

4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I just don't understand this mentality. We already have fans calling for the manager to go 2 games into a season, and no doubt if it happened many of those fans would be giving it the whole 'the Derby County circus is back in town.'

As I've said before, people talk about how difficult it is being lower down the league system and how it's not going to be easy to get back to where we were but I'm increasingly inclined to say they don't actually believe that deep down. It's just something they think and say at surface level - in reality they expect us to waltz the league.

This is an absolutely brilliant post. Everyone is willing to be patient and trust the process until it's actually tested. 

When we're scrapping in the top 3 or 4 in February we may well realise its a tough league to get out of. Its going to be a right battle, every game, no one's going to give us anything, Refs, EFL, opposition, we are a target for all of them. 

Need an extra bit of belief and loyalty to get behind Warne and the players over the next couple of months.

We'll be raite. 🐏

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Coming out and saying this seems worrying

Why have they? You won't be holding them hostage then? How many?

Either the squad are as pissed off with these players as Warne is, or he’s talking bobbins and he’ll be on his way to losing the dressing room. 

A huge accusation. 

Warne made a mistake tonight. He will have created divisions in the dressing room by those comments. On Saturday he was supposedly worried to whisper possible substitutions/player performances to Barker on the bench. Tonight on the radio he is calling out at least two of his players as part of his explanation as to why things aren’t gelling at the mo. Substituting both Hourihane and Bradley at half-time is unusual behaviour too. 

12 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Its called taking responsibility 

hes the first one to blow smoke up their arses and lavish praise on them publicy and he then reserves the right to bring them down a peg or two

i played for a former forest youth team coach back in the day. 
he was one of brian cloughs right hand men… end of every game he would sit us in the dressing room and go round the room. He would critique us all infront of our team mates.

if u got a bollocking u got a bollocking .. hed make u feel like a mouse infront of all ur mates but if u got praised hed make u feel like a god amongst men

to this day 30 years on .. i would run through brick f****** walls for him every day of the week

its about character and what u choose to be 

There is a big, big difference to giving players critiques/bollockings behind a closed door of a changing room, and questioning their commitment publicly on a BBC Radio station.

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ignoring Warne as the manager for the moment, or if Rosenior had stayed, or if Stevie Mac got the band back together or whatever managerial circumstance. I’ve always been accepting of the fact it could take a while to get out of this league, the club was left in a horrific state and the rebuild is ongoing, there were never any guarantees of promotion at the first, second or even third attempt. Maybe it’s easier for me to say as I’m an armchair fan due to geography and that, but I’ve long accepted the next few years may not be a smooth ride regardless of who the manager was or is. 
As for the original post, I don’t think Warne is on borrowed time as yet. It’s clear the fans more opposed to Warne are becoming more vocal and emboldened in their stance, and some more neutral fans are starting to question the project more, I get the impression from what’s been said in his interviews that Clowes will stick to his guns more than some fans will. 

What I think those anti-Warne fans are thinking is: we'll get a big name manager.  Truth to be told, we'll get someone else similar.  Just like players; the disappointment of signing Waghorn is code for: "we didn't sign Ronaldo".

Personally, I am delighted we lost tonight.  With the size of the squad, do we really want to be in the League Cup?

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Warne made a mistake tonight. He will have created divisions in the dressing room by those comments. On Saturday he was supposedly worried to whisper possible substitutions/player performances to Barker on the bench. Tonight on the radio he is calling out at least two of his players as part of his explanation as to why things aren’t gelling at the mo. Substituting both Hourihane and Bradley at half-time is unusual behaviour too. 

It was a League Cup match.  We are playing on Saturday in the league.  

He said before the Liverpool match last year that he will only play big names so long in cup games.   

3 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

What I think those anti-Warne fans are thinking is: we'll get a big name manager.  Truth to be told, we'll get someone else similar.  Just like players; the disappointment of signing Waghorn is code for: "we didn't sign Ronaldo".

Personally, I am delighted we lost tonight.  With the size of the squad, do we really want to be in the League Cup?

We didn’t just lose a game though. We have lost because our pawns are all over the place, our king is exposed, and our bishops are moving in zig-zags to no avail and we’ve lost our Knight. Our castles are empty and we’ve been done by a fool’s mate again. 

3 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

It was a League Cup match.  We are playing on Saturday in the league.  

He said before the Liverpool match last year that he will only play big names so long in cup games.   

Did he take any of his big names off early in that game against Liverpool then?

36 minutes ago, Rample said:

Transfer window is still open, and we're still chasing 2-3 players so its not a finished squad

While this might be true, what players are we chasing and what money is available?

The only names we hear are the likes of Rhodes and Smith. I'm sure Smith is a decent striker but he's 31, essentially a slightly better version of Collins, and apparently isn't available. Rhodes is older and arguably the same type. 

We are absolutely crying out for energy, pace and creativity in both the midfield and forward positions. We all said this last year. Since then we've sold Knight (energy) and McGoldrick (creativity). 

These positions should have been absolute priorities if we had limited money to spend.

Either Warne thought he had more money than he did or - as I suspect - he thinks that what really matters is having three strong centre backs and wing backs as your main creators of goals. So he prioritised signings in those positions and used most of the available budget there.

If so I think that was a terrible mistake and I just hope Clowes can be persuaded to give him the funds to rectify it. 

Edited by vonwright

10 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Warne did, given he played a very strong team. Otherwise he might have started a few others like Rooney, Robinson, Bardell, Thompson and Brown. I suspect Clowes might have liked some future gate receipts too.

1 hour ago, Loughborough Ram said:

He can't control individual mistakes.

A badly managed workforce is far more likely to make personal mistakes than a well managed one. However, yes, some mistakes are inevitable no matter what.

What matters then, is whether you've managed your team well enough that an individual mistake from one of your workforce doesn't totally undermine the solid work done by others.

If you've built & managed your team well and everyone understands and is suited to their roles, one worker's mistake can easily be covered for, and your operation will continue to run smoothly, despite this hiccup.

If you've just thrown a workforce together with little thought for their individual skills, and managed them poorly to the point where nobody really knows what they're supposed to do or what they're supposed to do doesn't suit their skills, then that individual mistake is far harder to recover from and productivity will grind to a halt. That's where we are under Warne right now.

Edited by Kokosnuss

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We didn’t just lose a game though. We have lost because our pawns are all over the place, our king is exposed, and our bishops are moving in zig-zags to no avail and we’ve lost our Knight. Our castles are empty and we’ve been done by a fool’s mate again. 

I didn't watch the match tonight as not broadcast and have little interest in travelling to bothersome cup games, so I will take your word for today. 

I was at PP on Saturday, however.  There were several significant weaknesses that were evident.  Your laugh out loud clever analogy isn't far off the mark.  But, I personally think it is a bedding in process rather than check-mate.  

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I was told on numerous occasions that the fact Knight had MOTM in 3 internationals in a year including against France and the Ukraine was irrelevant as he played for Ireland and they were crap, totally ignoring the fact that those squads all had eight players currently in the premier league and a player of the season at a top half championship club.  1.7 million and a bloke of their wage bill who managed 7 games was a great deal as he'd been brilliant in League 2 and Knight wasn't a good enough arborist as he tree cutting was crap or something along those lines.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Warne did, given he played a very strong team. Otherwise he might have started a few others like Rooney, Robinson, Bardell, Thompson and Brown. I suspect Clowes might have liked some future gate receipts too.

Probably.  But we are not going to win the thing and it sucks resources away from the core task in hand.  You basically play several games in the hope of winning a tie against Man Utd.  

It was a strong team.  But we were two nil down at half time.  I'm not sure the energy exertion is worth it.