Is Warne living on borrowed time?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh please, the Sky Sports News clip of their first goal showed more of the build up to the goal, defenders were all over the place - at the time I said I'd never seen defending like it! We've got a full defence, but still they can't do what Warne wants, can he not get that?

I thought I said it was a dreadful performance and agree re the defending. You can’t call for a Managers head after 1 league game. Will discuss again @5pm Saturday?

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Does anyone else not really bother listening to manager's interviews or it is just me? I think I've only heard Warne's voice about twice.

I know this is sacrilegious in modern football. I also don't really follow transfer gossip either. Give it a try if you find yourself worrying more about manager interviews more than the football.

efbaeded-b58e-496b-95f1-4579a106e347_tex

I get there is a lot of frustration about and fully understand it was a bit of a daft comment last night but…this is all a bit of an over reaction. Radio Derby have helped and they’ve fuelled the fire of those online. 

I thought the main point Warne was getting across that there is players who need to stop turning up to games believing they are better and will automatically win games. Don’t believe the hype. I don’t have an issue with this, to be honest it was something that was needed to be said last year.

with the ‘head turned’ comment, what he’s trying to say isn’t about the players effort but it’s about the backwards and sideways passing and players being safe on the ball. It’s not a conscious effort that a player wants a move, it’s that a player is being safe on the ball as they don’t want to be seen as making mistakes, which then has a detriment to the team and Warne as the manager. Yes it’s not the best way of putting it, but I’m done with making excuses for players too. We all like pretty footballers but it’s nothing if you aren’t using that skill to go out and win games of football.

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

You can't have a big club like Derby having a 4 year project wating to get out League One. The crowds will drop and lose heart if we have to spend next season in the same League.

Technically, you're right... But we don't have "a big club like Derby with a 4 year project waiting to get out of League One", and nobody I know of (In a senior position within the club) has ever insinuated such a project, to my knowledge, so why air such a moot point?

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Technically, you're right... But we don't have "a big club like Derby with a 4 year project waiting to get out of League One", and nobody I know of (In a senior position within the club) has ever insinuated such a project, to my knowledge, so why air such a moot point?

You've not heard of Operation Big club like Derby with a 4 year project waiting to get out of League One?

Not your fault, I told them it was a rubbish name.

8 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Told this morning the moods been very low in the camp. Take that how you will 

If anyone turned up for training a few hours after such a poor performance* with a skip, a hop, and a massive grin on their faces, they'd need a damn good shoeing!

Damn bloody b****** right the mood is low... and so it bloody b****** should be!

*I'm basing that "Such a poor performance" bit solely from comments on here, in all honesty.  I've seen nowt, apart from a tiny snippet of their second goal.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I get there is a lot of frustration about and fully understand it was a bit of a daft comment last night but…this is all a bit of an over reaction. Radio Derby have helped and they’ve fuelled the fire of those online. 

I thought the main point Warne was getting across that there is players who need to stop turning up to games believing they are better and will automatically win games. Don’t believe the hype. I don’t have an issue with this, to be honest it was something that was needed to be said last year.

with the ‘head turned’ comment, what he’s trying to say isn’t about the players effort but it’s about the backwards and sideways passing and players being safe on the ball. It’s not a conscious effort that a player wants a move, it’s that a player is being safe on the ball as they don’t want to be seen as making mistakes, which then has a detriment to the team and Warne as the manager. Yes it’s not the best way of putting it, but I’m done with making excuses for players too. We all like pretty footballers but it’s nothing if you aren’t using that skill to go out and win games of football.

From what I heard in the interview Warne pretty much threw the players under the bus.

I am not calling in any way for Warne to be replaced certainly how early in the season we are,however that said a blind man can see the 3 at the back is not working,in fact even Cashin looks like a donkey let alone the other two.

Our first two fixtures have been against teams who both played in the championship last year which just shows how far behind we have fallen in terms of quality,i know we have had restrictions put in place on what we are aloud to do by the EFL but we look a far cry from the team we had last season.

Is this worrying i would say yes lets see how this goes come Saturday as this looks like a very tricky fixture now,get your tin hats ready if we get beaten again

My biggest concern is that he's tactically inflexible. He came in telling us he'd adapt to the players we had and play a style of football we'd all enjoy. Unfortunately, he's not adapted his ideas one bit, and he seems to have brought in a bunch of cloggers who can't position themselves on the field or pass the ball more than 10 yards without looking uncomfortable. The pressing game he's trying to impose on our midfield just isn't going to work; Hourihane, Bird, and Smith aren't those types of players. Not only are they not those types of players, but he's also screwing the valuable attributes they do have and endangering Bird's progression as a footballer. When your biggest goal threat on the pitch is Craig Forsyth, words must be had. 

I don't think Warne is some master genius. I was concerned about his ability to adapt to his 2 relegations with Rotherham. I wanted someone who would be part of a longer project, not just get us out of this league but get us out of the next one which i have absolutely 0 confidence in Warne to achieve. I think Warne needs to be put on notice if by game 10 we're not up and running in the top 6 looking markedly improved. Clowes was stupid to give Warne such a long contract and he's now boxed us in with him unless Warne leaves voluntarily. 

Derby fans are a fickle bunch (and I don’t think that could be considered too controversial). 

No point talking up a big season if they don’t perform. Fans will soon turn for it. 

Good thing is the fans are also easy enough to get back on board. A strong performance and a decent win would go a big distance to settling the camp.