Is Warne living on borrowed time?

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Are we just going to forget we were God knows how many points clear within playoffs last season, with many rival fans tipping us for top 2, for us then to throw it away?

Would you prefer to wait until we are starring down a barrel (like many did)  before admitting something may be wrong?

Since when did rival fans tips or opinions become become relevant? 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, I wasn’t expecting him to be sacked for at least another few months. But that after match interview, wow. He genuinely might have lost the dressing room.

Bit soon for that but he’s definitely taken a step on the road to it. 

Never thought I’d say this but I can’t see us getting anything off Burton, we start 1 down as Bennett will score and I just don’t see that team scoring 2 in a month of Sundays, the balance is miles off and there’s 0 spark or pace. 

28 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Piss poor from Warne. 

I've been hung out to dry by managers at work previously and it ends up with  you looking to move and stick 2 fingers up at them.

If I were Clowes I would be having words.

Don't forget that we are a big club in a small pool. Warne hasn't had to deal with tough times before (at a big club). Rotherham were always tin pot.

I must have missed an interview somewhere, has someone got the link?

In the one I've listened to he said several times that he is just as much, if not more, responsible.

I heard him say the players and the coaching staff need to take responsibility which is true. I didn't hear anyone, specifically named or not, being hung out to dry. 

I don't know what industry you have worked in but unless it's one where your manager is interviews immediately after, and asked to commenf on, a poor team performance and result then I'm not sure it really compares. 

As I say, maybe there's another interview knocking around.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, I wasn’t expecting him to be sacked for at least another few months. But that after match interview, wow. He genuinely might have lost the dressing room.

Think we all need to sleep on things after tonight. I believe in long-term stability but would be happy in this moment in time if he went.

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne likes a small squad, he didn't sign another forward. Why did Sheff U take Osula back?

Because he wasnt getting enough game time. But he was never going to.. he was always going to be an option they wantes him starting

we needed him as a 20 min fresh legs or something different

warne has stated this close season ideally he likes to operate with 4 strikers

so thats pretty clear as to what he would have wanted in an ideal world last season

but obviously it wasnt possible cos of where we were 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I must have missed an interview somewhere, has someone got the link?

In the one I've listened to he said several times that he is just as much, if not more, responsible.

I heard him say the players and the coaching staff need to take responsibility which is true. I didn't hear anyone, specifically named or not, being hung out to dry. 

I don't know what industry you have worked in but unless it's one where your manager is interviews immediately after, and asked to commenf on, a poor team performance and result then I'm not sure it really compares. 

As I say, maybe there's another interview knocking around.

It was the Radio Derby one. If he had said it on the DCFC interview, he would have been in trouble. Trying to be canny

I was one on this forum against having Warne as the Manager when Rosenior got elbowed out the door. I'm not going to state we could have done better with Liam, that we will never know. My biggest moan was forum members were all bleating on about his 3 promotions with Rotherham, but failed to mention the 2 relegations. They had a team that basically were good enough to compete at the top end of League one but got found out in the Championship.

Now that Warne's been a manager for approx 6 years and seems to have one style of play (3 at the back with wingbacks), it looks like other coaches know how to beat it. When Warne first took over at Derby, with the squad he inherited he could not play 3 CB's and played more often with 4 at the back. We shot up the league, looked odds on to finish easily in the top 4 positions. Then he tinkered with the team and we finished 7th.

I for one, was gobsmacked that he was appointed with a 4 year contract, getting rid now or later this season will cost the club (financially). I will still follow and support the team and hope we do get promotion come the end of the season, but this manager needs to have a plan B when his high press energy game with 3 CB's is'nt working in certain games.

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Coming out and saying this seems worrying

Why have they? You won't be holding them hostage then? How many?

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Coming out and saying this seems worrying

Why have they? You won't be holding them hostage then? How many?

Haven’t heard the interview but bizarre. Maybe emotional because we lost but we lost because it’s square pegs & round holes NOT because of attitude. Saw lots more effort 2nd half - BUT the shape is just plain wrong. NO MIDFIELD. Ball breaks & there’s 3 opponents in midfield and 1 Derby player. I was an amateur coach in my 40’s so understand the basics of matching up when the game is inchoate but saw no tactical tweak first half when we were so dysfunctional in our set up. Endeavour gets you nowhere when you’ve got no spine and no structure & your CH gives a free box of chocolates with every intended back pass. Warne looked forlorn tonight - and I’ve got faith in him. Must do better. The Brewers will undoubtedly be in bed by 8pm Friday night ready for their 3000% uppage in energy for their annual cup final 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

All these people who lie in football?

image.png.7b8e425e06075fddffe40d54db886d2a.png

You just tell Nixon what the roumor is, and, he'll tell you if it's a roumor.

But yeah, bad interview. It was rambling and lacking in conviction and the "josh vickers, well, it's not josh vickers but i can't say it's max bird on the radio....."

Wouldn’t say on borrowed time but that post match interview tonight was a real first glimpse of him feeling the pressure. 

32 minutes ago, sage said:

He can shag right off as far I'm concerned. Complete lack of organisation and tactics and then he throws a player under the bus like that.

Pathetic.    

Not sure I can recall a time where you’ve been this vocally anti a manager before, @sage - particularly at this time of the season 

19 minutes ago, MarsdenRam said:

Some people clearly didn't get the memo from David Clowes.

It's a four year project for Warne and his team.

Get used to it for better or worse.

You can't have a big club like Derby having a 4 year project wating to get out League One. The crowds will drop and lose heart if we have to spend next season in the same League.

Personally, I don't think that sacking Warne is the answer.

This is his team and out of the four goals conceded we have gifted three of them to the opposition. He can't control individual mistakes. Two of them were from two players that almost our entire fan base was delighted to have signed.

If there is no improvement after a dozen or so games then David Clowes has a decision to make, but right now is a time for patience.