Martyn Waghorn - signed a 1-year deal

trekkie_ram

5 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I’d be happy with Waggy on a 1 year contract.  I think be a decent signing in L1.  He’s one of those that if he signed for another team at our level we’d say it’s a good signing.

This.

Derby fans if someone else signs him:

good-deal-stephen-fry.gif

Derby fans if we sign him: 

rage-angry.gif

On 27/07/2023 at 16:37, BPV said:

Think he comes across as a great bloke, and absolutely gave his all for us at times, especially that Wednesday game. 

However, if this is where we’re at in terms of signing attacking players it’s a pretty scathing insight to our recruitment at the minute.

I’d be absolutely fine with him as a 4th choice option, but with Washington yet to feature in a friendly, he’d be our 2nd choice going into the start of the season.

To say we needed another good striking option even before we lost Mcgoldrick, it’s really not looking all that promising going into this season. Obviously there’s still a few weeks left to bring players in, but it’s unlikely to be anyone of any real top quality is it? 

We are league 1 surviving on free agents loans and paying league 1 wages to new signings. Always going to be a case of less than awe inspiring signings.

warne himself has said that if he paid £200000 for a player he has no wages left for any other signings.

it’s freebies and loans and build a team that fits together. 

waghorn could well be a vital piece in that jigsaw - especially with the amount of crosses we are trying to put in the box

On 28/07/2023 at 08:32, Red Ram said:

but he's not in the same class as McGoldrick,

class? he’s not in the same school. not even in the same educational borough. He’d be a useful squad player but with all the talk of putting crosses in the box (which he won’t get on the end of) he doesnt get my tick