Martyn Waghorn - signed a 1-year deal

trekkie_ram

Just now, valakari said:

I think Waggy will be signed..he wants to play, he's a hard worker, he has good character in the dressing room...all traits Warne likes..its a no brainer...also, when Elder is fit, Thommo now can cover lwb, so maybe we can get 2 forwards, Waggy and Rhodes, and also a young forward, maybe Dobbin??

I think if we take Warne at his word from his interview today, if Waghorn signed then it isn’t as the “striker solution”, so it isn’t as big of a deal. We still need someone else, but just worry that this would be instead of. Don’t need 4 strikers with a combined age of 130ish if Rhodes is the other option too. 

2 minutes ago, valakari said:

I think Waggy will be signed..he wants to play, he's a hard worker, he has good character in the dressing room...all traits Warne likes..its a no brainer...also, when Elder is fit, Thommo now can cover lwb, so maybe we can get 2 forwards, Waggy and Rhodes, and also a young forward, maybe Dobbin??

Agree except the Dobbin bit that lad needs to train how to finish at EFC not waste a space here.

I think we need more pace in the side so I'm not sure why we're going to Waghorn. I'm quite disappointed we've not managed to land a second striker as of yet. Surely there must be someone who fits what we need  who we can attract 

4 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't think it's a scathing insight into our recruitment. More on what's available.

Our recruitment so far has been very good.

It sounds to me like he's a last resort if we can't get anything over the line.

I think Huddersfield/Rhodes is similar to the Collins/Cardiff situation. The player needs paying up if they the club wants them out. If they don't offer the player something acceptable then that player can't go anywhere. 

If we don't manage to sign someone permanently. Then I would hope we'd bring Waghorn in and a young striker on loan. Potentially a Stansfield/Coburn type.

For me bringing in Waghorn and then another foward on loan would be ideal. Recruiting players fitting into PW's system, good characters and with no transfer fees being paid.

4 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't think it's a scathing insight into our recruitment. More on what's available.

Our recruitment so far has been very good.

It sounds to me like he's a last resort if we can't get anything over the line.

I think Huddersfield/Rhodes is similar to the Collins/Cardiff situation. The player needs paying up if they the club wants them out. If they don't offer the player something acceptable then that player can't go anywhere. 

If we don't manage to sign someone permanently. Then I would hope we'd bring Waghorn in and a young striker on loan. Potentially a Stansfield/Coburn type.

What’s available? Or what’s available on our budget?

There’s better forwards available and by the sounds of it they would take less to buy than the fees we got for Knight alone, let alone Knight and Bielik.

I appreciate I don’t know all the inner workings of our current financial situation but I do find it strange, and even a bit frustrating, that we seem to be once again largely unable to spend money on new signings.

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I was so pleased when he left. Hated the points squandered by his poor finishing. At the death he had one good game for us, but for me it's not enough. Nowhere near. I don't get the calls to bring failed players back so they can fail for us again. I'd hope we could find someone better.

What a way to live your life. What a miserable outlook

2 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Call me an old romantic but sign him up! That game against Wednesday he was immense and his reaction towards the end of the game and afterwards was superb.

Exactly the kind of character our club deserves. We could do a hell of a lot worse than Waghorn as a back up striker. 

Old Romantic !

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I was so pleased when he left. Hated the points squandered by his poor finishing. At the death he had one good game for us, but for me it's not enough. Nowhere near. I don't get the calls to bring failed players back so they can fail for us again. I'd hope we could find someone better.

7 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

What a way to live your life. What a miserable outlook

I think he is trolling with such nonsense.