Martyn Waghorn - signed a 1-year deal

trekkie_ram

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just bad phrasing.

Anyway, Waggy was telling supporters outside the ground after the game that he's already signed so there's no doubt. 

Lets hope so on yesterdays performance we need him and another decent striker if we have any hope of being in the mix at the end of the season

46 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just bad phrasing.

Anyway, Waggy was telling supporters outside the ground after the game that he's already signed so there's no doubt. 

Thanks @angieram. Disappointing that I read that as, another signing in the building aswell as Waghorn, because it would certainly help.

Being the additional player, as a fast paced tricky striker or a real grafting aggressive midfielder that would really add to this squad.

I think we had at least 5 good chances yesterday to either draw or win the game, especially with Collins first chance, where composure of just taking a touch and moving a few paces with the ball before placing it in, the Bradley header, the 2 Fozzy chances, and when Wilson dribbled in to the box and then didn’t pass to available players in space opting to cross and hope for the best, unfortunately picking out nobody.

The lack of quality in important moments, being the difference unfortunately once again, plus obviously us gifting them 2 goals.

I do think a lot of opposing teams especially the better ones, like last season in Plymouth, Sheff Wed etc know when playing us, just to stay in the game, make it tight and wait for Derby to make the mistakes and punish them, as we continue to do so.

Hopefully we sort it out, quickly, and new players don’t repeat last year’s process’s, routines as it just becomes very frustrating for fans to watch and for the coaching staff to take.

Waghorns heart obviously isn't in this,so not going to be fully committed. A waste of a wage in my opinion we already have one slow useless striker,why waste what limited resources we have on another.warne is going totally against what he said,he said we needed ,he said we needed a younger pacey goal scorer and we get another ageing slug,rapidly getting tired of listening to Warnes waffle

1 minute ago, TINMANTED said:

Waghorns heart obviously isn't in this,so not going to be fully committed. A waste of a wage in my opinion we already have one slow useless striker,why waste what limited resources we have on another.warne is going totally against what he said,he said we needed ,he said we needed a younger pacey goal scorer and we get another ageing slug,rapidly getting tired of listening to Warnes waffle

Im pretty sure everybody is sick of reading tripe like yours as well. 

9 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

If he signs then I’m sure he’s going to be fully committed. In the meantime, assuming he hasn’t yet signed, he’s simply and sensibly weighing up all his options. 

My gut feeling is that he’d very much like to sign for Derby but if another club is offering a longer contract and/or noticeably higher wages, he’d be a fool not to consider it. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Is Martyn Waghorn just a verrrrrry slow writer or is there some other reason we’ve not got this over the line?

It said in last night's DET he'd agreed to sign and the inference was that he'd [probably] be in the squad for Tuesday. If that's true [DET tend not to report stuff unless it's true] then it'll be announced tomorrow...[maybe]....

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Who’s the other player?

I’ve listened to the Rams Daily podcast this morning.  Warne said Waggy was done - did caveat it a bit afterwards - and hoping for one more this week.  Didn’t say what position but based on rumours you’d think it would be one of the strikers we’re after.  In his pre-match press conference he said the delay with a player he expected a week or so back (when he made his ‘“liars” comment) was due to his club needing a player in first.  Assuming that’s the other one, it would suggest Smith or Rhodes as Sharp is without a club.

39 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

Are you trolling trying to wind people up? Or just been smoking something?

43 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

Angieram has already said he told people outside the ground he's already signed. Or didn't you read that part 👍

1 hour ago, TINMANTED said:

wtf GIF

5 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

Yeah, the dude who almost decapitated himself to score a goal to keep us up...I'm sure he'll lack heart and commitment.

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Just bad phrasing.

Odd not to do it before the match and be able to play. What's that about?

Sadly, I have a feeling Waghorn will be another body blocking the path for someone more effective to be in the team. The way I felt Hourihane did for so much of last season. Very much hope I'm wrong. It's a problem for Warne that we lost yesterday, because we're already playing catchup - look at the starts the promoted teams had last season. And, last season, it seemed as if Warne never had to wiggle room to experiment and optimize the team. So he played safe and stuck with the same "experienced" pros, without bringing more youth and flair in. Very important to make progress in the cups, starting on Tuesday, so we are in a position to try things out and give fearless, talented youth a chance. I'm looking at you, Dajaune Brown.