James Collins

Keepyuppy

3 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

In that interview Warne sounded like he’s shifting blame onto the players. “I’m not the one who gives a penalty away or misses a sitter in the last minute”. then has a pop about ‘the modern world’ making the buck stop with the manager… because managers never got sacked in the 1980s

Is he the one who takes off a defender to 'protect a knee' with 4 minutes of a game remaining and blows 2 points  but leaves our only fit striker to run around with an unprotected knee for 40 mins next match.  In the old days he'd be jabbing him with cortisone for 2 months.  Bloody modern world management. 

48 minutes ago, Archied said:

The point is you telling the forum that if we we could afford to be in for the two Sheffield weds players then we could afford gayle ect ect , please reread your posts as it’s you who are being mystic Meg then eventually admitting you havnt a clue what the financial situation of any of these deals are or would be 🤷🏻‍♂️,,,,, very strange 

Let’s not speculate on any signings ever then brainbox.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Knee ligament damage, says Warne. At least not before mid-April. That's the very earliest.

Last regular game of the season is weekend of 27th April. He's finished for the season. Hopefully this doesn't derail the automatic push.

Gutted for him. I think if we avoid the play-offs, then that’s probably his last game for us gone.

It’s a real shame. I think he would’ve had a real shout at POTS if we got automatic promotion. Being the only fit striker for a vast majority of the season, and still put in endless effort with a positive outcome, he would have been a worthy winner.

Genuinely gutted for Collins, he’s played his backside off within the limits of his talents all season, scored some important goals, and looked to be on for a 20 goal season as a minimum. I hope he recovers and feel like we should extend his contract regardless of league next season, he’ll do a job for us alongside whatever shiny new strikers we sign in the summer. 

51 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Genuinely gutted for Collins, he’s played his backside off within the limits of his talents all season, scored some important goals, and looked to be on for a 20 goal season as a minimum. I hope he recovers and feel like we should extend his contract regardless of league next season, he’ll do a job for us alongside whatever shiny new strikers we sign in the summer. 

Absolutely gutted for the lad. Gave his all for us every game even when it wasn't going for him. 

8 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Let’s not speculate on any signings ever then brainbox.

From the childish insult can I take it you’ve re read your posts and realised that you were stating speculation as facts then went full turn when it was pointed out 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, Archied said:

From the childish insult can I take it you’ve re read your posts and realised that you were stating speculation as facts then went full turn when it was pointed out 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve openly admitted I’m not savvy to the inner workings of the club. 

However with us close to signing Gayle maybe my speculation isn’t as daft as it seems 🤔

41 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I’ve openly admitted I’m not savvy to the inner workings of the club. 

However with us close to signing Gayle maybe my speculation isn’t as daft as it seems 🤔

As I said , read your posts back , you gave a very different impression of what you were saying 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

As I said , read your posts back , you gave a very different impression of what you were saying 🤷🏻‍♂️

I apologise if you thought I as ITK, certainly not the impression I was trying to give. I imagine 90% of the forum aren’t in the know so I’d assume that stance when reading a post in the future.

However it seems like my wants and that of the club have seemingly aligned so let’s see if they have a happy ending.

42 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I apologise if you thought I as ITK, certainly not the impression I was trying to give. I imagine 90% of the forum aren’t in the know so I’d assume that stance when reading a post in the future.

However it seems like my wants and that of the club have seemingly aligned so let’s see if they have a happy ending.

Apologies back , just like you I hope the club can afford to get a striker in to push on towards promotion, I just kind of trust clowes and warne want the best for the club and will do the best they can within where we are 😀🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏

As I have posted previously I used to really like JC @ Luton Town 

Lets say that since he became a Ram …  it’s not been plain sailing .. he has won me over to some extent though particularly since that  purple patch when he  got the hatrick against wolves U21s 

he has been an important player for us and  will be sorely missed. He has put in a big shift and I hope he recovers well deserves a new contract regardless of role he would play and division we are in. 

Should we go up he can claim that he contributed for sure. Thank you Collo.