James Collins

Keepyuppy

54 minutes ago, David said:

Is anyone else leaning towards the idea that any injury Collins has, isn't that serious, could even be on the bench today with an injection ready to go if needed?

As a journalist going into a pre match press conference knowing the only fit senior striker was due in for a scan on his knee, knowing that, would that not be the first question you would ask?

Looking over on X, both Dom (Radio Derby) and Leigh (DET) have put nothing out there, the last thing said on the 15th is.....

29 hours later all we get is.....

If he's touch and go for today, would make sense to stay quiet on it, leave that doubt a question for Stevenage to ponder over in their pre match preparations. 

If it was serious in that we're expecting him to miss 3, 4, 6 weeks, no real point in delaying the news. 

I'd stick a cheeky fiver on him being sat on the bench today.

I love that interview tbh.

So much sense spoken by Warne.

Made a good point to Dom about the effect of criticism and more importantly he avoids the obvious/easy answer in claiming that he knew things would turn.... and admitting he/you don't.  You do what you can and see how it goes and hope it all comes good.

Disregarding the style of football,  I struggle to see how anyone can find fault with his attitude towards management here.

Just now, Chester40 said:

I love that interview tbh.

So much sense spoken by Warne.

Made a good point to Dom about the effect of criticism and more importantly he avoids the obvious/easy answer in claiming that he knew things would turn.... and admitting he/you don't.  You do what you can and see how it goes and hope it all comes good.

Disregarding the style of football,  I struggle to see how anyone can find fault with his attitude towards management here.

I liked it as well, decided against sharing it in the Warne topic though, just didn't seem worth it.

Comes across as really open and honest, I really find it hard not to like the bloke on a personal level from all the content we're given to base our opinions on. Just one of those people I think would be good to have a pint with and get things off your chest to. 

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Alternatively, you could look at goals/assists per 90.

23/24 - 0.22 (1 in 402 mins)

22/23 - 0.29 (8 in 2458 mins)

Prior to that he was at Newcastle in the Premier League, and anything earlier isn't anywhere near relevant to his current ability.

Essentially he's a '1 in 4' type player at a Championship club. He would still do a job for us in League 1, which is all we would need until one of our other forwards returns.

It's also a better option than moving Mendez-Laing central and being forced to use just Barkhuizen, Blackett-Taylor (struggling with injuries), Wilson (may be needed at RB), and Sibley (may be needed at LB) on the wings.

If Wilson or Sibley are needed at full back then we change accordingly. Not playing them on the wing because they may be needed elsewhere would be a very strange decision.

If it turns out Collins is fit then it could turn out to be just the tonic for fans to fall in love with him.

He has quietly proved doubters wrong this season, but any remaining doubters will have looked at the goals he has scored this year, looked at the lack of number 9s we have and all of a sudden be praying he is fit to keep our season alive.

If he is fit I hope he gets a huge roar when his name is read out.

30 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

.....and fall out of love with @Big Travwho said he was out for the season.

Torn....if our number 1 itk has it so wrong, then there's no one left in the world to trust.

And maybe BT’s sources has said he’s fine but go and put it out there that he’s done for the season.  All mind games 🤞.

54 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

And maybe BT’s sources has said he’s fine but go and put it out there that he’s done for the season.  All mind games 🤞.

Very much doubt that Stevenage care if Collins plays or doesn't.  They will have their own game plan and probably execute it very well whether he starts for us or not.  The idea that this is all some ruse to unsettle them is laughable.

Edited by Blondest Goat

31 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Very much doubt that Stevenage care if Collins plays or doesn't.  They will have their own game plan and probably execute it very well whether he starts for us or not.  The idea that this is all some ruse to unsettle them is laughable.

K.U.I.T ? ......

Kick up in th'air game plan ?

36 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

If Collins has a sore knee - he may have to stop running back so much , helping out his defenders . Very often you will see him covering for a full- back.

6 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

I know as much as you unless you’re ITK so I’m not really sure what your point is. 

What’s the winning lottery numbers for tonight?

The point is you telling the forum that if we we could afford to be in for the two Sheffield weds players then we could afford gayle ect ect , please reread your posts as it’s you who are being mystic Meg then eventually admitting you havnt a clue what the financial situation of any of these deals are or would be 🤷🏻‍♂️,,,,, very strange 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

If Collins has a sore knee - he may have to stop running back so much , helping out his defenders . Very often you will see him covering for a full- back.

If he is out we will really miss his defensive contribution 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If it turns out Collins is fit then it could turn out to be just the tonic for fans to fall in love with him.

He has quietly proved doubters wrong this season, but any remaining doubters will have looked at the goals he has scored this year, looked at the lack of number 9s we have and all of a sudden be praying he is fit to keep our season alive.

If he is fit I hope he gets a huge roar when his name is read out.

Tried to be positive, it backfired.

Booooooooo

In that interview Warne sounded like he’s shifting blame onto the players. “I’m not the one who gives a penalty away or misses a sitter in the last minute”. then has a pop about ‘the modern world’ making the buck stop with the manager… because managers never got sacked in the 1980s