James Collins

Keepyuppy

16 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Yes especially if it means we aren’t wasting NML. Plus it’s not like I’m suggesting some melt from the national league. These are proven professionals at this level.

Dwight Gayle League appearances 

2023/24 season 0 goals in 10 games 

2022/23 season 3 goals in 35 games

2021/22 season 0 goals in 8 games.

2020/21 season 1 goal in 18 games.

2019/20 season 4 goals in 20 games.

Five years, 8 goals, 91 games.

Personally I’d probably prefer the “melt from the national league” 👍🐏

Just now, Old Spalding Ram said:

Feel free to suggest someone whose been released by the national league.

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

The players I’ve suggested. If you think they’re not good enough then that’s your opinion. Mine is that they would be good enough. 

My opinion is irrelevant to be fair.

The club either think they are good enough, or cannot afford them, and on that basis are correct not to sign them.

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

You questioned my suggestions implying they wouldn’t fit in to the business plan. 

I’m suggesting that at least 2 of them probably would. 

Im not savvy to our budget but if we were in for Smith/Gregory then they aren’t on a pack of fags and a mars bar for a wage.

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? Like we wouldn't know to budget for expensive 'January' strikers? I think the obsession with 'got to be someone who is better/adds' to the squad or whatever it was is a problem. If we have no striker on Saturday any striker with two legs is better! Last January not getting a striker in was a mistake according to Warne. He's done the same again, waiting until the final hours only to be surprised when a deal falls through.

drip faucet GIF by Amanda Bonaiuto

10 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Lies, damn lies and statistics...

You can twist them to prove anything....

I could equally use them to prove he's exactly what we need.... errr.. I just choose not to.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

My opinion is irrelevant to be fair.

The club either think they are good enough, or cannot afford them, and on that basis are correct not to sign them.

Not really how a forum works. If everyone had your attitude then any transfer story would be irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I swear Warne (or Pearce?) said we had a long list of CF options. After finding out the wage/fee demands, the list was reduced to just 3 (or 4?) on deadline day. We agreed everything with 1 of them, then at 8pm their manager or owner decided to cancel the move.

I don’t doubt there are reasons why we didn’t get someone in. But it was an essential that we did. Leaving it until 8pm on the last day not the best idea maybe.

10 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I don’t think we should underestimate the number of times Collins is there to lay the ball off to our midfield. His endeavour often turns defence into attack.

He may not be the most potent threat in the box, but let’s not criticise his general play.

Er hang on, I have never criticised Collins play, in fact my comments have been broadly supportive of his abilities within what we have available 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I swear Warne (or Pearce?) said we had a long list of CF options. After finding out the wage/fee demands, the list was reduced to just 3 (or 4?) on deadline day. We agreed everything with 1 of them, then at 8pm their manager or owner decided to cancel the move.

In the unlikely event this was Jonson Clark-Harris, it would simply have been naive to think MacAnthony ever had any intention of selling to us. So I hope it was someone else. If Collins is really out, then that's terrible news.

6 hours ago, Kernow said:

I’m convinced that this is Collins behind Tom Barkhuizen in the training pictures. It’s almost too perfectly lined up. The sleeve obscuring the number on the gloves (why is that a thing?), Barks’ hand blocking the number on the joggers, face out of sight etc.

But on the Instagram version, the photo isn’t cut off at the shins, so you can see the boots. Derby’s Instagram feed conveniently has a nice still image of Collins wearing the same boots whilst scoring the winner against Cheltenham. And yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

Exhibits A, and B.

1CE2360E-107E-4754-BC40-6D222C358F17.jpeg

E048179D-84F6-4267-AC2E-E7CC2F9D0334.jpeg

Who's the child in the bottom left corner? Is Ritchie Barker having a "bring your kids to work"day or is Warney bringing the youth through but has gone too far and dipped into the U12?