James Collins

Keepyuppy

22 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’m convinced that this is Collins behind Tom Barkhuizen in the training pictures. It’s almost too perfectly lined up. The sleeve obscuring the number on the gloves (why is that a thing?), Barks’ hand blocking the number on the joggers, face out of sight etc.

But on the Instagram version, the photo isn’t cut off at the shins, so you can see the boots. Derby’s Instagram feed conveniently has a nice still image of Collins wearing the same boots whilst scoring the winner against Cheltenham. And yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

Exhibits A, and B.

1CE2360E-107E-4754-BC40-6D222C358F17.jpeg

E048179D-84F6-4267-AC2E-E7CC2F9D0334.jpeg

The 'free agent' in the foreground is looking up for it.

Thankfully it's half term so he can get a full week of training in before Barnsley.

If I were a Derby player who enjoyed the odd 'away fixture', I'd definitely be using a postal service rather than popping in to see the club Doctor....

Your missus would be packing your bags before you got home from training. 

Talk about lack of patient/Doctor confidentiality 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I’m convinced that this is Collins behind Tom Barkhuizen in the training pictures. It’s almost too perfectly lined up. The sleeve obscuring the number on the gloves (why is that a thing?), Barks’ hand blocking the number on the joggers, face out of sight etc.

But on the Instagram version, the photo isn’t cut off at the shins, so you can see the boots. Derby’s Instagram feed conveniently has a nice still image of Collins wearing the same boots whilst scoring the winner against Cheltenham. And yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

Exhibits A, and B.

1CE2360E-107E-4754-BC40-6D222C358F17.jpeg

E048179D-84F6-4267-AC2E-E7CC2F9D0334.jpeg

IMG_0947.gif

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He definitely wears the new adidas predator boots. Not sure about the colour though. They are usually black, red and white. 

Aren't Bird's tights calf length and the unknown players ankle length?

For further evidence here is a Collins training photo posted a week ago. It seems from earlier photos as well from December he is typically a shorts wearer which would immediately discredit todays photo but the way the right sleeve goes over the glove hiding the number is the same alongside the boots. We need Poirot on the case. 

image.png.a3bae7c13dbcd5aeb0e3c7675291f617.png 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you think he should have been preparing for Waghorn, Washington, John Jules and Collins all to be injured?

Who are these freebies that will do a better job than Barkhuizen, NML or CBT up top?

Seeing as waghorn and Washington were already injured and then John Jules got injured with days left in the window then yes I’d suggest we should be preparing for that.

Collins is 32,33. Expecting him to play 90 minutes for the rest of the season was crazy. Likewise as a team chasing promotion you’d probably want a striker to bring off the bench if chasing a game, or even fresh legs if winning to to see it out. 
warne obviously agreed as was trying to sign a striker.

We should have had three or four options at least and been able to get one over the line on deadline day. 

s*** for the team, s*** for the owner and gaffer, s*** for the fans and absolutely fookin horrible for the lad himself. Setting aside selfish notions for a moment, what truly shitty luck for Collo who was set to be an integral part of our charge to promotion and was having a really decent year in the twilight of his career. We know when it was sustained, so for him to carry on and still outwork everyone on the pitch just shows what an absolute beast the man really is.

Gutted, but keeping fingers crossed all the same. Perhaps this is just an embellishment to the ruse designed to leave the pie-botherer thinking we have no 9 available?*

*Nah, me neither 😔

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He shouldn't have signed John Jules for a start, same with Embleton. That isn't a Captain Hindsight comment from me, you will see I had concerns about their fitness when we signed them.  They were both risks which have cost us money and backfired.

Waghorn & Washington both have a poor history when it comes to fitness.

Collins it just unlucky if it turns out he is out for the season.

But seeing as 4 of the strikers in our squad are injured more often than not, then yes, he needs to be preparing for his striking department to be depleted.

Here is a start......Don't send anyone out on loan!

Have you considered there might be a reason we are signing players recently back from injuries?