June 14th is when transfer window opens

Curtains

4 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I've given up on rumours can't wait for the window to actually open because everything just seems to be negative! I really hope the 14th comes and I'm feeling better. Hope Warne has players coming in

I expect things to slowly start happening, but if you’re expecting an influx all on the 14th you may well still be disappointed. 

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

I expect things to slowly start happening, but if you’re expecting an influx all on the 14th you may well still be disappointed. 

Can’t see much till happening till the end of June, like stuff has been reported movement will happen when players are back from holiday… most won’t be till end of June.

23 hours ago, Srg said:

No I just want to see players coming in, not just signing for every other club going! We will struggle with the current squad I just want something to excite me. Its like getting excited because being linked with them just to be like its a sh*ter Mickleover sports have signed them instead of derby 🤣 I just want us to sign players that's all 

17 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Dammit - beat me to it!

I can’t believe we still haven’t signed anyone … time to ask for a refund on my season ticket! 

I'd expect we would have a squad of 22 by 22 minutes past midnight. Disappointing...

Warne strikes me as a belt and braces kind of fella, so I doubt ‘free agent’ signings will be unveiled until July once they have actually become Derby players. The window may open today but contracts run to June 30th.

Even the players we may be offering small fees for will still be weighing up their options at this stage and won’t commit yet. That’s no bad thing; it means they are the better ones out there!

I'd imagine that all of our signings in this window will look underwhelming. We're a League 1 side with restrictions on how much we can spend. We're not going to splash big fees on players where there is competition from Championship or the larger clubs in this division. 

Warne also wants athletic players, so we're not going to sign any fading stars with big reputations.

What we will do is make a series of boring looking signings from the Conference, League 2, Scotland and Ireland. I doubt any will be more than 'meh'.

The excitement will come from the recruitment team (hopefully) finding some uncut diamonds and Warne making a whole which is greater than the sum of its parts.