Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?

Stive Pesley

Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family when prompted during the Coronation?

• Yes - absolutely. I love the Royal Family and I consider myself their humble servant
    • Yes - although I have mixed feelings about he hereditary monarchy, I will probably just go with the flow
    • Maybe - I haven't decided yet. It seems a bit of a weird ask in the 21st Century
    • No - I have zero interest in the Royal family and consider the hereditary monarchy an anachronism

This poll is closed to new votes

Each to their own of course, but it feels like one more thing designed to try and divide us.

Just curious as to the split. I know we've had various Royal threads on here and it's clear that a lot of posters have no problem with the Monarchy as an institution, but maybe the idea of being asked to pledge some weird archaic oath of servile allegiance might make a few people thing "hang on a minute..."?

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Welby’s idea apparently - could the bloke be any more out of touch?…. I’m not a royalist or anti-royal really (prefer to ignore them most of the time), so no I won’t be swearing - or at least not swearing allegiance - though I’m may struggle not to swear at Harry and Andy - a right pair of “total ossers”

I'm also a no, although I'm a little surprised at the results of this poll, given that support for the monarchy as a whole is usually over 50% nationally. Maybe Stive is correct in his assertion that lots of people perhaps don't understand that living under a monarchy is an act of fealty by its very nature.

The  only members of the Royals who should get the level of privelige and support they do is the monarch, the heir and their offspring.

So Charles, William and Williams kids. The rest should all be working without public support unless they're on Universal Credit.

I dont mind having a Royal Family but it's the extended family and the spongers that do my head in.

And this nonsense about them wanting everyone to join on a National Volunteer programme to support food kitchens. Fine in itself. Not so much when it's being encouraged by a publically-funded billionaire. They're so tone deaf it's painful.

9 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

"The king and his heirs" so that's the Royal Family right? 

Prince Andrew is 8th in line to the throne so it's totally normal to pledge allegiance to him. To say otherwise would be total nonce sense

Not until the heirs become King/Queen.