Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?

Stive Pesley

Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family when prompted during the Coronation?

• Yes - absolutely. I love the Royal Family and I consider myself their humble servant
    • Yes - although I have mixed feelings about he hereditary monarchy, I will probably just go with the flow
    • Maybe - I haven't decided yet. It seems a bit of a weird ask in the 21st Century
    • No - I have zero interest in the Royal family and consider the hereditary monarchy an anachronism

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, cstand said:

Boring Charles is too old should have handed the Crown to William and Kate. 

image.png.12b9ef48cc9ffe7ec12ca07463447400.png

I'm no fan of the royals, but Charles seems considerably less boring than his mum or Willy.

Guess his elder brother is definitely not boring, but not in a good way.

15 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm no fan of the royals, but Charles seems considerably less boring than his mum or Willy.

Guess his elder brother is definitely not boring, but not in a good way.

Most people I talk to are not fans of Charles especially my wife. 
Even if William was going to King this pledging allegiance it’s just ridiculous. 

On 30/04/2023 at 13:37, Stive Pesley said:

Each to their own of course, but it feels like one more thing designed to try and divide us.

Just curious as to the split. I know we've had various Royal threads on here and it's clear that a lot of posters have no problem with the Monarchy as an institution, but maybe the idea of being asked to pledge some weird archaic oath of servile allegiance might make a few people thing "hang on a minute..."?

I am not sure how we are supposed to do it. And who will check if you didn't? 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I am not sure how we are supposed to do it. And who will check if you didn't? 

Weren’t we all injected with a microchip under the guise of receiving Covid vaccines? I’m sure that’s one of the conspiracy theories that have been circulating. They can probably use those to monitor what we all do and say.😀

I’ve never quite understood how people are ok to support the medieval concept of the birthright to power and and vast tax payer supported wealth , gonna be interesting when the monarchy apologises and pays reparations for slavery , im gonna be straight in making a claim as a Scot descendant of oppressed Scot’s ,as should plenty of descendants of English serfs 

On 01/05/2023 at 17:29, Rev said:

Sums up my position.

Ah, I was there! I’m the giant in sunglasses at 2:53. There was a massive sense of disbelief around the site when people realised we were leaving Europe.

12 hours ago, Archied said:

I’ve never quite understood how people are ok to support the medieval concept of the birthright to power and and vast tax payer supported wealth , gonna be interesting when the monarchy apologises and pays reparations for slavery , im gonna be straight in making a claim as a Scot descendant of oppressed Scot’s ,as should plenty of descendants of English serfs 

I should be able to retire on my claim as an Irish descendant of the British government policy of famine that caused my great grandparents on me mum's side to become economic refugees/immigrants.

You jocks had it lucky!

I’ve only heard about this, not read anything. But isn’t it a suggestion so that we all do it instead of all the courtiers doing it one by one and doing on for hours? Anyway, I’m busy so won’t be watching. I’ll have a look and be thinking that nobody does these things like the Brits, makes a good spectacle. 

41 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’ve only heard about this, not read anything. But isn’t it a suggestion so that we all do it instead of all the courtiers doing it one by one and doing on for hours? Anyway, I’m busy so won’t be watching. I’ll have a look and be thinking that nobody does these things like the Brits, makes a good spectacle. 

Yeah but brits usually go abroad to make a spectacle of themselves 🤷🏻‍♂️

No I had a lot of respect for the late Queen but I would never count myself as a monarchist. Charles should not be allowed to be King as his a divorcee and if anything should have been passed on to William and Kate. Even though I will be at home over the weekend I will watch absolutely nothing of the event. 

21 hours ago, Archied said:

im gonna be straight in making a claim as a Scot descendant of oppressed Scot’s ,as should plenty of descendants of English serfs 

Whoa...hold on there fella, Get to the back of the queue, We want our own reparations 1st, Rome(Italy)Saxons(Germany)Normans(France) owe us a bucket load of coin.

Maybe read the The Darien Scheme if you've not already read it, A Scotsman and his loot are easily parted 😁

I think it just demonstrates how certain people high up in the food chain, the moronic archbishop who suggested this idea, has no idea what the majority of the commoners think about the monarchy. 

I'm a royalist, I respect people who aren't and I agree this is a complete misstep. This adds plenty of republican fuel on the fire. Why not focus on their charitable work and not try and promote this silly idea which nobody on either side wants.

56 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Whoa...hold on there fella, Get to the back of the queue, We want our own reparations 1st, Rome(Italy)Saxons(Germany)Normans(France) owe us a bucket load of coin.

Maybe read the The Darien Scheme if you've not already read it, A Scotsman and his loot are easily parted 😁

I am ,,,,,,,,,                     William Wallace