Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?

Stive Pesley

Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family when prompted during the Coronation?

• Yes - absolutely. I love the Royal Family and I consider myself their humble servant
    • Yes - although I have mixed feelings about he hereditary monarchy, I will probably just go with the flow
    • Maybe - I haven't decided yet. It seems a bit of a weird ask in the 21st Century
    • No - I have zero interest in the Royal family and consider the hereditary monarchy an anachronism

This poll is closed to new votes

41 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Cant wait for the Pope to order Spain and France to join forces and invade as a test of the new King and Church of England's resolve. His first big test.

Oí, where would that leave me?

On 04/05/2023 at 21:41, Stive Pesley said:

The cost is guesstimated right now, but as it's being paid for by the Government out of tax payer's money, the cost will eventually be published some time afterwards. It's the revenue generated through tourism that can never truly be quantified - not even close.

So you're right that it can never be compared and the "value for money" element will be subjective, so for that reason I don't really care about the figures. Just the principle of how tone-deaf the whole thing is when you look at the state of the country

Absolutely. And also, who knows what could be done for tourism if the monarchy was abolished and all their residences and properties, art collections, etc... were properly opened up the public. 

Versailles gets 10 million tourists a year and not a royal to be seen there these days. 

50 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Absolutely. And also, who knows what could be done for tourism if the monarchy was abolished and all their residences and properties, art collections, etc... were properly opened up the public. 

Versailles gets 10 million tourists a year and not a royal to be seen there these days. 

RDT_20230506_1417509190909396153600450.thumb.jpg.1de8f63d4b26db6e99874ea3d4c17845.jpg

I'm not going to vouch for the validity of the data, as I'm sure there's lots of ways to calculate it, but how many of the top 10 have a monarchy drawing in the visitors? 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I've watched and enjoyed it. 

Also enjoyed seeing how many people showing they don't care by constantly saying they don't care while mocking anybody who dare enjoy such a celebration😛

I've not watched any of this, But funnily enough during Charlies walkabouts he was asked about the new EFL/Sky TV deal...his reply was F*** the EFL Prince Charles GIF

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I thought it went on a bit. They missed a trick and could have lightened the atmosphere by getting Harry to sign a few copies of Spare.

I'd have watched if they'd beheaded Andrew as the grand finale.....(for the hard of thinking, that was a jopke and I'm not suggesting that public beheadings should play any part in these types of display....)

47 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I'd have watched if they'd beheaded Andrew as the grand finale.....(for the hard of thinking, that was a jopke and I'm not suggesting that public beheadings should play any part in these types of display....)

Ruined that with what you wrote in brackets (joking ok)

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Don’t dismiss it out of hand 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

RDT_20230506_1417509190909396153600450.thumb.jpg.1de8f63d4b26db6e99874ea3d4c17845.jpg

I'm not going to vouch for the validity of the data, as I'm sure there's lots of ways to calculate it, but how many of the top 10 have a monarchy drawing in the visitors? 

The data does look a bit suspect to me. I can't really see Poland being the second most visited country in the world or Czechia being ahead of the likes of Spain and China. 

7 hours ago, Highgate said:

Don’t think Versailles will get 10 million tourists this year with all the demonstrations.

1 hour ago, SSD said:

Thought Penny Mordaunt handle the sword very well, seems like she's had plenty of practice.

The double entendre excepted, I think she comes across as one of the more palatable MPs. 
Thin list I know.

Just recovering in London after pulling an all-nighter at the Mall.

Great atmosphere but the rain drove us off after the journey to the Abbey.

Still glad we went.

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The double entendre excepted, I think she comes across as one of the more palatable MPs. 
Thin list I know.

Just recovering in London after pulling an all-nighter at the Mall.

Great atmosphere but the rain drove us off after the journey to the Abbey.

Still glad we went.

Mordant is easy on the eye. Forget her politics tho, she's as bad as the rest of the rotten lot.