Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?

Stive Pesley

Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pledging allegiance to the Royal Family when prompted during the Coronation?

• Yes - absolutely. I love the Royal Family and I consider myself their humble servant
    • Yes - although I have mixed feelings about he hereditary monarchy, I will probably just go with the flow
    • Maybe - I haven't decided yet. It seems a bit of a weird ask in the 21st Century
    • No - I have zero interest in the Royal family and consider the hereditary monarchy an anachronism

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Looking at the replies, some people seem to have taken this seriously.

It’s just a joke bit of fun nothing else we all might die tomorrow.

It made me laugh when I read it but must admit nearly fell for it.

Just stumbled on the kings concert thingy by mistake , jeez if that was a Lionel tribute act it would be laughed off , only got away with it because it’s actually him , then William comes on and hey presto climate guff , yep turned over quick smart

10 hours ago, SSD said:

Listening to Andrea Bocelli singing "You'll never walk alone" after the scousers booed the national anthem is really satisfying 👍

I find it deeply ironic that scousers in particular take issue with a group of people who don't work being funded by the taxpayer.

On 06/05/2023 at 14:42, Alpha said:

I've watched and enjoyed it. 

Also enjoyed seeing how many people showing they don't care by constantly saying they don't care while mocking anybody who dare enjoy such a celebration😛

I'm puzzled by the Not my King protesters.

Usually when people protest, there's some kind of point to it. Something that the protester is trying to prevent. Saving a tree, stopping a new road, demanding a new road, wanting a pay rise, whatever. Whether I agree with them or not, or their methods, I do at least understand the protest.

Not my King? Why are you telling me this? Why do you think I, or anyone else needs to know you feel that way? 

I may as well wear a tee shirt that says, I don't eat apples. 

11 hours ago, Archied said:

Just stumbled on the kings concert thingy by mistake , jeez if that was a Lionel tribute act it would be laughed off , only got away with it because it’s actually him , then William comes on and hey presto climate guff , yep turned over quick smart

Cancel culture?

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Cancel culture?

Hardly culture 😊

I love that people obviously had a lovely time but it isn’t the kind of music that floats my boat. 

In fact, if there’s one thing I dislike about the Royal Family it’s their appalling taste in music.

Not my ‘king thing!

2 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Usually when people protest, there's some kind of point to it. Something that the protester is trying to prevent. Saving a tree, stopping a new road, demanding a new road, wanting a pay rise, whatever. Whether I agree with them or not, or their methods, I do at least understand the protest.

Not my King? Why are you telling me this? Why do you think I, or anyone else needs to know you feel that way? 

'Not My King' = Republicans

2 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Are you really puzzled by people protesting against the idea of monarchy?

Blimey

21 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Are you really puzzled by people protesting against the idea of monarchy?

Blimey

Not at all. 

I'm puzzled by the message. It never seems to say that. Just .......I didn't vote for him. Or ....Not my King. 

I understand that. I don't understand why they are telling me this information.

3 hours ago, Rev said:

3 volunteers arrested on Saturday for handing out flip flops and rape alarms. 

A Met Police spokesman justified this action, saying "It's up to the Met to decide who gets raped or not in this town".

The Met Police confiscating rape alarms from women is about the most "on-brand" thing I've ever seen 😂

• 2 weeks later...