Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

It was judged no attempt to play the ball so IF it was a foul, it was a red card.

I didn't think it was a foul. 

But he is attempting to get the ball?? It’s not like he’s dragged him down cynically? Just because he hasn’t put a tackle in doesn’t mean he’s not trying to get the ball. Absolutely ridiculous decision. A penalty is very harsh, a red is absurd. 

7 minutes ago, SSD said:

That's great. I went to your ground 3/4 years ago when we won and half of the ground was empty. Where were the mighty owls then? Less than 20k I seem to remember. Absolutely embarrassing. 

Pies were good though 👍

Always in the shadow of the Blades, They're not called the Pigs by them for nowt 👍

9 minutes ago, SSD said:

That's great. I went to your ground 3/4 years ago when we won and half of the ground was empty. Where were the mighty owls then? Less than 20k I seem to remember. Absolutely embarrassing. 

Pies were good though 👍

Agree, Sheffield Utd was a much better match experience 👍

13 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Hang on a sec, Warne has called it a failure, the players have called it a failure (Hourihane anyway in his interview) & I happen to agree with them. So lets not pretend its an outlier opinion or sensationalist.

The attempt to tarnish contrary opinions to yours as lacking balance is pretty shameless but I would point you in the direction of my post following the win at Exeter where I was complimentary of the performance, result & specifically praised Warne. So your accusation of constant denigration of Warne is totally unfounded. I will post as I see the current situation & if Warne goes on to be successful (which I hope he does) then I will praise him accordingly - I'm not interested in this polarisation of posters into pro-Warne or anti-Warne 'camps'.

I fully recognise Warne will be back next year - the heavy handed approach would be to demand his removal which I haven't said at any stage this season nor would I do now. I just want him to be better. Glad you've mentioned top two as the aim for next season - I would agree there.

My specific point in my reply to you was in relation to the season as a whole not about today - a one-off like today can be considered unfortunate (and I'm not calling Warne out for today's result in singularity) but this result feeds into a noticeable pattern based on a siezable sample. I don't want to finish 7th again next year & hence this needs to improve.

Do you really take any notice of what the manager and the players say in the media? Why do they have media training? They can’t say what they truly think and their answers are carefully manicured like Beyoncé’s nails.

If Warne genuinely thought this season was a failure, he would be honorable and resign. He is saying it is a failure because he thinks that kind of accountability is what fans of a big club like ours, the big fish in a small pond, want to hear.

I prefer to make up my own mind and from my perspective, it’s not a failure nor a success, but a learning curve. 

Have we at any point this season looked like one of the top three teams in this division? If not, how have we failed?

Also, this idea that we are poor v top sides seems misguided to me. How many top sides have played us off the park and left us well beaten? Arguably two - Ipswich at PP and Barnsley at Oakwell, and even the outcome of those could be debated.

Pretty much all other games have been tight, back and forth, well-contested and decided by fine margins. The only noticeable patterns I have observed is poor refereeing, missed chances at key times, and costly defensive mistakes going against us.

We can only control two of those and I am sure Warne will be looking to add more goalscorers to the team and to tighten up the defence.

We all want to improve, we all want to see better times and progression, but I stand by what I said. You are usually very fair and even handed. There has been little evidence of that lately.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

You have told me to trust you. a couple of times this week that we would be going up. What happened? Can I ever trust you again? If so, why? Please explain.

@Brailsford Ram I normally agree with all your posts but this one seems to lack understanding.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Do you really take any notice of what the manager and the players say in the media? Why do they have media training? They can’t say what they truly think and their answers are carefully manicured like Beyoncé’s nails.

If Warne genuinely thought this season was a failure, he would be honorable and resign. He is saying it is a failure because he thinks that kind of accountability is what fans of a big club like ours, the big fish in a small pond, want to hear.

I prefer to make up my own mind and from my perspective, it’s not a failure nor a success, but a learning curve. 

Have we at any point this season looked like one of the top three teams in this division? If not, how have we failed?

Also, this idea that we are poor v top sides seems misguided to me. How many top sides have played us off the park and left us well beaten? Arguably two - Ipswich at PP and Barnsley at Oakwell, and even the outcome of those could be debated.

Pretty much all other games have been tight, back and forth, well-contested and decided by fine margins. The only noticeable patterns I have observed is poor refereeing, missed chances at key times, and costly defensive mistakes going against us.

We can only control two of those and I am sure Warne will be looking to add more goalscorers to the team and to tighten up the defence.

We all want to improve, we all want to see better times and progression, but I stand by what I said. You are usually very fair and even handed. There has been little evidence of that lately.

Not necessarily. You don’t have to resign simply because you have narrowly failed (I should know 😀). He might instead be thinking this season has technically been a failure but he’s not running away but instead wants to put it right next season. That’s what I would expect given how close to success (if you measure success as reaching the play offs) we got. If we’d flirted with relegation and finished way down the table then it might be a different story.

45 minutes ago, Mikeyboy1963 said:

Hoping that next season more chances are created. I know many on here are in denial of the dearth of chances created. But here again are todays Sky stats: 

638ACEE2-7CBD-479B-9002-8D9F205CB202.thumb.png.b38db86994ffef3835019ba1906b22c4.png

Many on here make their judgements based on watching the games, not a single statistic taken from the sky sports website. I’m not in denial about the chances we create, cause I’ve seen them, our problem is the taking of the chances we create. 

3 examples of chances we had today; McGoldrick hit one from 20 yards that their keeper kept out with a great stop, Bird had a shot cleared off the line, Dobbin had a shot saved at the near post late in the second half.

Can you explain how this Sky stat is measured? Because every game you trot this argument out I can recall chances we’ve had, hence the shots on target stat.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Many on here make their judgements based on watching the games, not a single statistic taken from the sky sports website. I’m not in denial about the chances we create, cause I’ve seen them, our problem is the taking of the chances we create. 

3 examples of chances we had today; McGoldrick hit one from 20 yards that their keeper kept out with a great stop, Bird had a shot cleared off the line, Dobbin had a shot saved at the near post late in the second half.

Can you explain how this Sky stat is measured? Because every game you trot this argument out I can recall chances we’ve had, hence the shots on target stat.

Plus the one McGoldrick tried to chip the keeper when he might have been better off putting it in the corner and if Bird’s cross had been half a yard further back he would have had a tap in….

7 hours ago, alram said:

but thats his main selling point: that he can work with tight budgets

why would we bring him in if we were loading up a war chest

at the end of the day i am not convinced by the guy, judging him on what he is doing here i am not sold on him at all. the quality football has declined and i worry it will continue to do so if we allow him to reshape the squad

us and rotherham are completely different jobs, we will grow tired of the stuff he did at rotherham and got away with like the dour style of football

lets be honest mcgoldrick has dug us out of a mid table hole this season and hes a year older and a year leggier now

In what way is your striker scoring goals, digging you out of a hole? 😂

Do you think Haaland has dug Man City out of a hole this season?

19 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What were the stats like when we had 11 players on the pitch? I can’t remember them threatening our goal too much.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

No offence Jourdan but that is a weak defence. You are in essence saying Warne & the players are fibbing on camera to keep the fans happy because their obvious disappointment at missing out contradicts your opinion. And the notion that an honourable resignation is the only true confirmation of failure is very far-fetched.

The players will have expected to finish top 6 after returning there after the Burton win (and having been there most of the past 4 months) & had two bites of the cherry last week and this to secure our spot. Of course they will see it as failure - I'd question their professional ambition if they didn't. I don't disagree that we have never looked like one of the top 3 teams but I'm struggling to think of anyone who legitimately thought top 2/3 was achievable - I certainly didn't. 6th on the other hand very much was in our grasp & we haven't done it.

And like I said earlier, disagreeing with you doesn't imply bias. You've cleared stated your position from the start with Warne & are relentless in sticking to that, which is fine but means you're not really best placed to comment on a lack of balance from others.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

It was judged no attempt to play the ball so IF it was a foul, it was a red card.

I didn't think it was a foul. 

I did think it was a foul. Curtis pulled him back and preventing him from shooting. I wish he hadn't been sent off but I'd have been screaming for a red if it had happened to us 

There's a difference between "pulling a player back" and a player falling over when he is touched. Unfortunately modern football has decide to ignore that difference and consider them the same.

The difference between a good ref and most refs in Rams matches is that the good ones take a little time and consider the situation before making a decision. The ref today, and in most of our games just couldnt wait to give the penalty and even more inexplicably, the red card.

Having said all of that, how f****** appropriate that we should lose the last, and most important, game of the season to a poor refereeing decision

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Never mind all that...

Need to start thinking ahead...
How about...

...erm...

They docked us 21 points,
But we don't give a ***k,
Cos we are Derby County,
Who one day might go uuuuuuuuuuup...

Oneday, oneday, oneday... etcetera, etcetera!  

👀

summarising comments

They dropped us down to league one 

We thought we’d go back up
But we’re just flat track bullies
So we are staying put

Delayed ole oles 

Edited by Anag Ram

2 hours ago, Matchday Fred said:

At least next season dull folks will no longer be able say ‘at least we still have a club, we only had 5 players at the start of the season blah buckin blah …’

One only hopes they will be joined by this seasons spoilt pre pubescent brats