Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

51 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

So thats us unbeaten in the last 4 ….nice timing

2 wins and 2 draws from 1 home and 3 away games. At any other point in the season that would be viewed very positively. What a difference a win makes.

And yes I also know it’s a just a bunch of carefully selected stats just to suit my post and my mood!!

🐏🥳

Don’t post stuff like this for god sake with optimism @Millenniumram will be well annoyed the manager has picked a side to get us 3 points 

What a fantastic result! It’s the business end of the season and sometimes you have to dig in and eke out a win and we very much did that. That result will do wonders for morale and confidence! It keeps us alive and means we’ll take it right to the wire.

The performance was itself very mixed, mind you. The first half could have been mistaken for a pre-season friendly. It was so flat. Exeter having four key attacking players out obviously blunted them hugely but they still produced the best chance. If Wildsmith doesn’t make that save, it’s a totally different game.

Up until McGoldrick showed his class, that bloke in the Stagecoach Stand parading around in his Forest shirt was the star - he got more out of the crowd than anything we did!

We did improve in the second half but we honestly didn’t look like scoring until McGoldrick came up with the goods. What an inspired free kick and the touch, lay off and finish in the move linking up with Mendez Laing was all so smooth. He’s different class when he’s on it. It wouldn’t be Derby though if we didn’t immediately threaten to throw it all away, but we hung on thankfully!

One final thought is that I wasn’t a fan of the away terrace set up. It was too small, too cramped, and the view was not always clear. The amount of times I had to crane my neck to see across the goalmouth and to the other side of the pitch, I lost count.

Still, a win is a win!

I’m posting this through gritted teeth, but well done to Derby for a much needed win last night. I thought the first half was very poor from both sides, the only notable moment of quality was the save by your w**ker of a keeper from our header, that was unbelievable. Second half you stepped it up, played a bit better, scored a decent free kick and then a second as we got sloppy, then saw the game out despite us having a bit of pressure in the last 15 and getting a goal back. 

I can’t have too many complaints as I knew we’d lose when I saw our line up, and I said that before the game as my mate Rowls will testify (hi Rowls 😉) as we had several key players out with injury and nothing up top (a 17 year old making his full debut and a bit-part striker who is getting back to fitness). Got to say though, I wasn’t impressed with your team, although it’s probably not surprising given how low on confidence you’d have been in your current run of form, hopefully last night will give a bit of that back to you and you’ll improve from here on in 🤞

Regards your fans, hardly heard you at all but imagine you’ll say the same about us, it’s the acoustics. No doubt we were all singing, but couldn’t hear each other. I hope you all enjoyed your visit to our city and the real St James Park.

And final word to your keeper. What an embarrassment of a man he is. I get game management, taking your time with goal kicks and throw-ins, etc (and we’ve been pretty good at that at times this season, including in the 0-0 at your place), but this guy was just a cheat, plain and simple. The incident when our tiny left back ran up to him, your keeper turned and they touched shoulders and he then threw himself to the ground and asked for the trainer to come on was one of the worst bits of cheating I’ve seen. The referee should have sent him off and kicked him up the arse on the way off for that. Or maybe I’m being a bit sensitive. Either way, the bloke’s a w**ker. Sorry.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, please get into the play offs and beat argyle. I’m off to see my therapist having got to bed less than 5 hours ago, waking up and then coming straight onto an opposition fans’ forum. My name is FBH and I have a problem.

8 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

I’m posting this through gritted teeth, but well done to Derby for a much needed win last night. I thought the first half was very poor from both sides, the only notable moment of quality was the save by your w**ker of a keeper from our header, that was unbelievable. Second half you stepped it up, played a bit better, scored a decent free kick and then a second as we got sloppy, then saw the game out despite us having a bit of pressure in the last 15 and getting a goal back. 

I can’t have too many complaints as I knew we’d lose when I saw our line up, and I said that before the game as my mate Rowls will testify (hi Rowls 😉) as we had several key players out with injury and nothing up top (a 17 year old making his full debut and a bit-part striker who is getting back to fitness). Got to say though, I wasn’t impressed with your team, although it’s probably not surprising given how low on confidence you’d have been in your current run of form, hopefully last night will give a bit of that back to you and you’ll improve from here on in 🤞

Regards your fans, hardly heard you at all but imagine you’ll say the same about us, it’s the acoustics. No doubt we were all singing, but couldn’t hear each other. I hope you all enjoyed your visit to our city and the real St James Park.

And final word to your keeper. What an embarrassment of a man he is. I get game management, taking your time with goal kicks and throw-ins, etc (and we’ve been pretty good at that at times this season, including in the 0-0 at your place), but this guy was just a cheat, plain and simple. The incident when our tiny left back ran up to him, your keeper turned and they touched shoulders and he then threw himself to the ground and asked for the trainer to come on was one of the worst bits of cheating I’ve seen. The referee should have sent him off and kicked him up the arse on the way off for that. Or maybe I’m being a bit sensitive. Either way, the bloke’s a w**ker. Sorry.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, please get into the play offs and beat argyle. I’m off to see my therapist having got to bed less than 5 hours ago, waking up and then coming straight onto an opposition fans’ forum. My name is FBH and I have a problem.

Not a fan of Wildsmith then.

12 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

The incident when our tiny left back ran up to him, your keeper turned and they touched shoulders and he then threw himself to the ground and asked for the trainer to come on was one of the worst bits of cheating I’ve seen. The referee should have sent him off and kicked him up the arse on the way off for that.

We've had to put up with this kind of crap so much this year, I hope you will understand Rams fans enjoying his performance.

But yeah, we know how much it frustrates the opposition.

17 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

I’m more than happy to jump to Wildsmith’s defence given how good he’s been for us. I can imagine how frustrating it is to watch, I get frustrated as a Derby fan, so being an opposition fan must be infuriating. But unfortunately he’s following the instructions given to him, it’s not fair to call him a w**ker or a cheat when he’s just doing what’s asked of him by the coaching team. I don’t agree with it, but I’d rather be followed what the manager wants him do rather than ignore it and potentially cause a riff.

Refs are picking up on it, he’s been booked and we’ve seen plenty of added time at the end of the games. I think it cost us on Saturday because it gave them 7 minutes to finally find a way into the back of our net. It’ll probably cost us again, but at this stage of the season where our season could be made or broken by goal difference, I can understand the rationale behind trying to grind it out.

I totally get your frustration but I wouldn’t pin it on our keeper.

29 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

Every other team in the league has done what Wildsmith did to you, to us this season so it's just us finally wising up to the underhand tactics in this league. 

13 minutes ago, MarsdenRam said:

We've had to put up with this kind of crap so much this year, I hope you will understand Rams fans enjoying his performance.

But yeah, we know how much it frustrates the opposition.

Sorry but you don't speak for me here, I certainly didn't enjoy it.

As a football fan I pay to be entertained at matches, not watching time wasting and grown men rolling around pretending to be hurt.

Its really beginning to spoil my enjoyment of matches.

I know there's the argument of 'everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't we', that's how it started when foreigners introduced diving into our game too and look how bad that has got.

We've regularly called out players for cheating this season so it would be hypocritical not to do the same when its our players doing it.