Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

It ain’t over by any stretch but she might be clearing her throat if we don’t pick up something positive here.

image.thumb.jpeg.57b51f4c367c9eb17bb5cfc5acc76685.jpeg

We are maybe just due a bit of luck for once.

Keep the faith 🐏❤️

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Rooney   Cashin   Roberts

Barkhuizen   Knight   Bird   Hourihane   Sibley

McGoldrick   Dobbin

Subs: McGee, Davies, Forsyth, Smith, White, Mendez-Laing, Collins

Continuing with Barks at wing back, why 🤔

Wildsmith

Rooney.  Davies.   Forsyth. Roberts 

Mendiz.   Smith.    Knight     Barkhauzen    

McGoldrick Collins 

you could swap collins for any of Dobbin Sibley if you like 

Wildsmith 

Rooney     Forsyth    Cashin       Roberts

Bird 

Knight          Sibley

Dobbin         McGoldrick (C) Barkhuizen

Subs- McGee, Davies, Smith, White, Hourihane, NML, Collins

- Not sure I could withstand watching Barkhuizen and NML at wing back again, it’s genuinely painful watching Barkhuizen play in such an unnatural role and NML’s a complete liability there, Jamie Ward said on radio Derby if you play him there you may as well play with 10 men and Bristol completely encapsulated that, you completely nullify all his qualities by putting him there, either find someone else to play wing back or don’t play wing backs, pretty simple really. NML’s clearly knackered and has been for months now, his pace could be useful for 20 minutes off the bench though.

- Would equally be happy with Knight at right back and Rooney in holding midfield, think he could be useful there, but I don’t think Warne has the balls for it so it’s a pipe dream really, get Forsyth back in, he must’ve been involved in about 500 playoff pushes for us which is experience that our defence needs right now, just please don’t start Davies.

- Mcgoldrick has the option to drop deep and get Knight and Sibley running beyond him, I still think they can both become high scoring midfielders, we should’ve based this team around getting them to do that, we should’ve a long time ago. Extremely doubt Sibley will start, for whatever reason Warne doesn’t like him, it’s so bizarre, especially after the press conference after Oxford where Warne was adamant Sibley had been really consistent for him, yet since Fleetwood, he’s started 1 game, which was at wing back, for the millionth time, why? 

- Would be amazed if Collins starts again, since his goal at Burton on the tenth of December, he has ONE non penalty goal (Wycombe away, correct me if I’m wrong), which is the same amount as Eiran Cashin, Haydon Roberts and Max Bird in that space of time, as well as being less than Knight, Dobbin, Sibley, Barkhuizen, NML and Hourihane.

- Finding it incredibly hard to get myself up for this game, it’s so predictable, we’ll either dominate the first half, get a slim lead then draw 1-1 because of a failure to react to tactical changes, or we’ll dominate the first half, fail to score and then lose 2-0 because of a failure to react to tactical changes. Though it has to be said that Bristol was refreshing, we dominated for all of 5 minutes in that game, then got absolutely battered for 85 minutes and guess what? Drew 1-1 because of failure to react to tactical changes. Came away with an incredibly fortunate point and then argue we got robbed because of a soft penalty decision, I feel like we robbed them with the draw, can’t bring myself to feel cheated when we were that bad. 

Edited by JustOneBiblicalKazim

57 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I think 3 at the back is probably here to stay... with that in mind:

Wildsmith
                  Rooney  Davies  Cashin
Mendez-Laing  Knight  Smith  Sibley  Roberts
                     Collins  McGoldrick

NML at wing back again 😲