Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

2 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

And final word to your keeper. What an embarrassment of a man he is. I get game management, taking your time with goal kicks and throw-ins, etc (and we’ve been pretty good at that at times this season, including in the 0-0 at your place), but this guy was just a cheat, plain and simple. The incident when our tiny left back ran up to him, your keeper turned and they touched shoulders and he then threw himself to the ground and asked for the trainer to come on was one of the worst bits of cheating I’ve seen. The referee should have sent him off and kicked him up the arse on the way off for that. Or maybe I’m being a bit sensitive. Either way, the bloke’s a w**ker. Sorry.

This is a stain on our game...imo, A tactic that's used to slow the game down and infuriate the fans, Believe us when we say this...we've been subject to this ploy all season and it pisses me off as it does others, It helped the Gas Heads to get a penalty against us at the weekend altho with a great helping of stupidity from the Ref.

Until the powers that be...FIFA get involved nowt will happen...unless of course you put a shedload of cash in a brown envelope and give it to the bald one...you know the one the one who has it in a contract to have his mush at every opportunity on the TV at the last World Cup...Qatar the best World Cup ever...PMSL  

Do I like to see Wildsmith feigning injury? No.

Was the Exeter fullback stupid enough to go up and make physical contact inviting the incident? Yes.

He leaves the goalkeeper alone and it's a straight countdown for the referee to determine whether time-wasting is occurring. Mind you, he turned his back and ran up the pitch on every occasion, he was really struggling to keep up with play last night.

48 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry but your post loses a little credibility at this point. Watching the match live didnt hear a sound from home fans whilst Derby fans were very loud and proud all match but yes guess must be acoustics

Think you'll find Ramstv will take the mic feed from those near the derby fans.

2 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

And final word to your keeper. What an embarrassment of a man he is. I get game management, taking your time with goal kicks and throw-ins, etc (and we’ve been pretty good at that at times this season, including in the 0-0 at your place), but this guy was just a cheat, plain and simple. The incident when our tiny left back ran up to him, your keeper turned and they touched shoulders and he then threw himself to the ground and asked for the trainer to come on was one of the worst bits of cheating I’ve seen. The referee should have sent him off and kicked him up the arse on the way off for that. Or maybe I’m being a bit sensitive. Either way, the bloke’s a w**ker. Sorry.

While I agree, the defence is that practically every team have done that to us this season- can imagine it can only happen so many times before you think 'if you can't beat them, join them'. In the Ipswich game the other week, we had to deal with it constantly from them, plus the referee disallowing a perfectly valid goal- if you've put up with that all season, I kinda get why you'd stoop to that level because it likely feels like you're the only ones not benefitting from doing it...

If that's ''one of the worst bits of cheating'' you've seen though, you need to watch more of the sport because it's not even close. Diving or deliberate attempts to deceive the referee to gain offensive advantages will always be worse offences by nature. However the time-wasting is not something I like to see in the sport, and did comment as much while watching last night.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

If that's ''one of the worst bits of cheating'' you've seen though, you need to watch more of the sport because it's not even close. Diving or deliberate attempts to deceive the referee to gain offensive advantages will always be worse offences by nature. However the time-wasting is not something I like to see in the sport, and did comment as much while watching last night.

And you were doing so well...until 😁

Edited by The Last Post

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

And haven’t we moaned about it? We’ll be screaming blue murder on Saturday if the Burton keeper even thinks about doing what Wildsmith did. So it seems reasonable when fans of other teams complain. 

I hate to see it just as much from our players as the opponents. All we do is accept the criticism as a fair cop but relish, with a tinge of embarrassment that we had to resort to such blatant tactics, picking up the three points. 🐏

I don't think it's unreasonable for other fans to moan about it when we do it, but I'm actually glad that we aren't being quite so nice anymore. We need to play the game that everyone else is playing IMO.

53 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Thought the tweak in formation worked better last night, especially after half time. Looked more like a 3-4-3 last night which meant NML was playing 15-20 yards further up the pitch. Swap Sibley for Barks or dobbin and this could be a decent set up to finish the season with. 

Sibley did well for saying there wasn't much coming his way further up the pitch. Had a decent long range shot too. Involved in lots of the nice quick passing interchanges - something that just will not happen when Collins is on the pitch. Dobbin isn't quite as 'aware' of other players but seems quicker running with the ball.

Edited by RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Very astute thoughts on the game and our play, both how it was last night and how it's sometimes been. He was very positive about the result 'coming from within' (the team). 

I really enjoy hearing Bird speak, I think he has a real maturity for someone who is still relatively young in both a footballing and broader social sense. I always assume his sad life experiences related to his father passing must play some part in that, credit to the young man. 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sibley did well for saying there wasn't much coming his way further up the pitch. Had a decent long range shot too. Involved in lots of the nice quick passing interchanges - something that just will not happen when Collins is on the pitch. Dobbin isn't quite as 'aware' of other players but seems quicker running with the ball.

I think Warne should stick with Sibley from the start against Burton, he played a solid if unspectacular part in last night’s win and carries a number of attributes we need in the side. Let him build a run of games. 
Despite your laughing emoji last night Roy (😘) I do think Dobbin’s pace is an asset to have from the bench and keep’s opposition defences honest, especially if they’re chasing the game and we need an outlet/the ability to counter and get higher up the pitch. 
I’d arguably start the same side on Saturday if I was in Warne’s position and use the subs to manage the game better than he typically does. 

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't think it's unreasonable for other fans to moan about it when we do it, but I'm actually glad that we aren't being quite so nice anymore. We need to play the game that everyone else is playing IMO.

Much as I hate saying it I almost agree. Gamesmanship goes against all my principles in sport. In truth it is the refs who need to stamp on it but they are so regulated they have to be safety conscious and so players get away with it. If I was a ref I’d want an open meeting with the teams pre match saying “play the game, and if you don’t, consider this as the first warning” Then again, they will all nod sagely, laugh privately, and do it anyway 🤣

so yes, without official attitudes changing we will end up being forced to meet devious trickery with a dose of the same in order to level the field. Still don’t like to see it from anyone.

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

...Despite your laughing emoji last night Roy (😘) I do think Dobbin’s pace is an asset to have from the bench and keep’s opposition defences honest, especially if they’re chasing the game and we need an outlet/the ability to counter and get higher up the pitch. 
I’d arguably start the same side on Saturday if I was in Warne’s position and use the subs to manage the game better than he typically does. 

His pace is his main asset but his conversion ratio is poor. I'd definitely start the same team - even though I hate a three. I want to see football played and that rarely happens with Collins up front.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

His pace is his main asset but his conversion ratio is poor. I'd definitely start the same team - even though I hate a three. I want to see football played and that rarely happens with Collins up front.

Thats why hes on loan to a league one club lol.

speed kills at any level, yes his production is “iffy” to say the least but hes always a threat and a v solid option coming off the bench, especially when we’re defending a lead but want to maintain an on the break threat as was previous stated by caphillyram was it? 

Edited by NottsRam77

1 hour ago, angieram said:

The Big Bank kept up great support for the home team all match. They have a drummer with good rhythm. 

We were loud from half time onwards but we were split into three areas - two separate standing areas and the side block of "seats" . It took us a while to get our act together (a bit like the team 😉) but when we did, you could visibly see how it drove the team on. 

We probably sounded louder on commentary as the Radio Derby lot were in the middle of us.

Were the RamsTV lot there also? 

1 hour ago, fred binneys head said:

Just saying it as I heard it. Your commentary was from the away end wasn’t it? We weren’t at our best at all, the line up and the performance put paid to that, but we sang for most of the game. I could see you guys bouncing a bit but we just couldn’t hear you at all, the sound doesn’t carry well. It’s what happens at a lot of grounds, one team sings ‘is this your library?’ and the other team sing ‘we forgot that you were here’. 

Anyway, my work here is done, good luck for the rest of the season 👍

But your account of the incident is fiction anyway. Rather than shoulder contact, your player went close and kicked out with his leg - can't see if contact actually made. So cut the sanctimonious stuff. Did you notice when one of your coaches picked up the ball when it went out close to the dug out and he actually carried it into the dugout and the ball disappeared for a while. This all because he wanted to delay the Derby throw until your players were ready. What business has a coach picking up the ball unless to throw it straight back onto the field.

32 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thats why hes on loan to a league one club lol.

speed kills at any level, yes his production is “iffy” to say the least but hes always a threat and a v solid option coming off the bench, especially when we’re defending a lead but want to maintain an on the break threat as was previous stated by caphillyram was it? 

Not if there's no end product he's not. I'd have hoped that his shooting would have been improving by now, but he gives Birdy a run for his money on accuracy stakes.